Anyone else have bad service from kahrshop.com?

Anyone else have bad service from kahrshop.com?

This is a discussion on Anyone else have bad service from kahrshop.com? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ordered a magazine, Pearce grip and Mitch Rosen holster for the CT for my Kahr PM9 from Kahrshop.com. Most companies these days send you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Anyone else have bad service from kahrshop.com?

I ordered a magazine, Pearce grip and Mitch Rosen holster for the CT for my Kahr PM9 from Kahrshop.com. Most companies these days send you an email with a receipt, list of your items and then eventually send you a tracking number. You just get a generic email from them saying to expect your item in 1-2 weeks. I eventually emailed them to ask about tracking number and never heard back after 5 days. My box showed up via Fedex nearly 2 weeks after I ordered it, which seems a little long to me. The mag and Pearce grip arrived, but it seems to list the holster as backordered. From looking at MR's website I think this may be due to the fact that they are all made custom when the order is placed. It would have been nice to know that ahead of time. Before realizing the MR's were custom made I called the Kahr sales number listed on the receipt, waiting on hold for 15min and then was forced to leave a message. I told them I'd emailed them 5 days ago, received no response and asked them to please call me. 2 days later still no word from them.

For companies these days, I think this is very poor service and I don't know that I'd order from them again. Anyone else have similar experience?

On a recent order, one item was mistakenly swapped for a similar, different one. It was quickly replaced, with shipping back to Kahr on their nickel.

No, it doesn't seem as fully automated as some other mail-order web sites. Anymore, folks seem to expect all the communications features, ability to login and see the status, tracking numbers. So do I, actually. Not all such self-service purchasing sites have it all.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Kahrs website for accessories definitely has much room for improvement. I too would like a more modern site and a little better communication when I order from them. Maybe if enough of us e-mail with our comments and concerns we'll see a change.

On the plus side their warranty department is top notch...
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kahr View Post
    Kahrs website for accessories definitely has much room for improvement. I too would like a more modern site and a little better communication when I order from them. Maybe if enough of us e-mail with our comments and concerns we'll see a change.

On the plus side their warranty department is top notch...
    Well, we could email them, but it doesn't appear that they'd respond. I would have ordered my holster directly from MR had I known.

Love their gun, hate their service.

Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    Well, we could email them, but it doesn't appear that they'd respond. I would have ordered my holster directly from MR had I known.

Love their gun, hate their service.
    You can buy many of the items they offer from other sites. Hopefully they'll get the hint soon.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kahr View Post
    You can buy many of the items they offer from other sites. Hopefully they'll get the hint soon.
    Yes, that's my plan. And I'll let them know that if I can ever get a hold of them.

I called 2 days ago, waiting on hold 11min and then got transferred to VM. Got the same thing today. I've tried every other extension there (tech support, wholesale, police sales, etc) and can't get a real person at any of them either.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    sooo you where promised 1-2 week delivery and you got your order in 2 weeks. Are you complaining about the holster?

Are you calling them in their normal business hours on their time zone?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    sooo you where promised 1-2 week delivery and you got your order in 2 weeks. Are you complaining about the holster?

Are you calling them in their normal business hours on their time zone?
    I am "complaining" that shipping time of 2 weeks seems a little long to me. That's not my big issue though. My big issue is that I can't get a hold of them or a response from them in any form. I've called them at various times between 11am and 3pm, their timezone. I'm not complaining about the holster. I just like to know where it is and when to expect it. Really, overall I'd just like better customer service from them.

Not Me.
    I have had my PM9 in there a couple times over the years for various things and I have received the best service I could ask for.
    Quick time in and out and the problem has always been corrected.
    I'm very happy with my purchase and service with the company.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    I am "complaining" that shipping time of 2 weeks seems a little long to me. That's not my big issue though. My big issue is that I can't get a hold of them or a response from them in any form. I've called them at various times between 11am and 3pm, their timezone. I'm not complaining about the holster. I just like to know where it is and when to expect it. Really, overall I'd just like better customer service from them.
    Companies with extended shipping times such as this are usually "drop shipping," meaning they don't stock the items. You order from them, they in turn order from the supplier (Pierce, etc.). It saves them the expense and taxes of maintaining a wharehouse of goods. You're better off purchasing from bigger retailers of these items (Cabelas, Natchez, Midway, etc.) than a drop shipper.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

wpk
    I bought some replacement springs of my cw9 a couple months back, didn't have any problem purchasing them from the website. They arrived in about a week I'd say.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Companies with extended shipping times such as this are usually "drop shipping," meaning they don't stock the items. You order from them, they in turn order from the supplier (Pierce, etc.). It saves them the expense and taxes of maintaining a wharehouse of goods. You're better off purchasing from bigger retailers of these items (Cabelas, Natchez, Midway, etc.) than a drop shipper.
    Yea, I agree. I won't be ordering from them again. I finally got a hold of someone in the finance office who gave me the direct like to sales person. Call her and of course got her voice mail. Told her I'd been trying to get someone to return a message for over a week and could she please call me. Nada... Again...

Now I'm almost past any questions I have. Now its just a challenge to see if anyone there care enough to get back to me after I've left several messages. Seems that the answer is no.

FINALLY, after 2 weeks got a hold of a live person there and only because I kept calling, not because they finally returned any of my messages.

They told me that they are going to be upgrading their website in the next few months so they can provide better order tracking, etc. Sounds nice, but is still not an excuse why they didn't return my phone or email messages for 2 weeks. She never gave me an excuse for that one.

I ordered a Don Hume holster, and a couple mags about a year ago. Mags came fairly quickly, holster (custom made) took abit. I emailed Kahr, after waiting awhile, they emailed back, letting me know it was custom order that I was on a list, and it would come. I am into Randall Made Knives, and understand the wait.
    Today I was cleaning my PM40 after a trip to the range. While cleaning the recoil spring, I was thinking I had put about 1,000 rounds through it, and thought I would call Kahr and see when it should be replaced. I put the iPhone on speakerphone and scrubbed away while waiting for tech support. After about 15 min (no biggie, I'm just cleaning away), Ian comes on the line. I give him my name, explain why I'm calling, he says 1200 rounds. I ask him to transfer me to whoever takes that order. He says "Sir, if you'll give me your address, I'll ship one out". I am a happy customer.

Regards,
    Josh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links