Charter arms .38 spl

Charter arms .38 spl

This is a discussion on Charter arms .38 spl within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just bought a Charter Arms Undercover .38 spl. from a guy I know for $50.00 (He needed the money). It shoots good no problems ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charter arms .38 spl

Charter arms .38 spl

I just bought a Charter Arms Undercover .38 spl. from a guy I know for $50.00 (He needed the money). It shoots good no problems at all. I just dont know anything about Charter Arms. Are they good guns?
    S&W 45ACP model 4526, S&W .357 mag model 686-4 2.5", Springfield XD9 4", Walther P22 5", Charter Arms Undercover .38 spl, Remington 597 22lr., Mossburg 500A 20" 12ga. pump.
    MORE COMING SOON

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    IMHO, fair. They are not the quality of a S&W or Ruger, newer models are better than the old ones.
    Depending on age, use and care it may last you a long while, and make a great BUG
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

In decent condition, you can move it for $200. Good buy!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    It's junk, I'll take it off your hands for the $50 you spent on it.

Seriously, sounds like a great deal! Congrats.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

not a bad deal. they are not top of the line, but still good guns. will make a good bug.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    ***SARCASM ALERT***

I have one. Totally unreliable. You're better off without it. Obviously you are unfamiliar with the intricacies of snubbie revolvers. Terrible to shoot. You'd be much better off with a large frame revolver or semi-auto. I'll give you $75 for parts.

He got any more?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

No he only had that one. If he had more I would have bought them. but as for the gun I have taken it to the range twice now and shot about 150 rounds each time with out any problems.
    S&W 45ACP model 4526, S&W .357 mag model 686-4 2.5", Springfield XD9 4", Walther P22 5", Charter Arms Undercover .38 spl, Remington 597 22lr., Mossburg 500A 20" 12ga. pump.
    MORE COMING SOON

The older ones will not take a steady diet of +P ammo. They were not built for that. They are a reliable, concealable gun. I carry one most of the time.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

Thats good to know. I do believe it is an older one. Does anyone here no how I can find the age of it?
    MORE COMING SOON

I just got a Charter arms .357 mag pug not too long ago. I had some FTF issues, When I contacted them they said pay for shipping to us and we will bring it up to spec. and send it back free. I did, they did, and I can only say good things about them. The gun I have is a charter 2000 which is not the "current" Charter Arms. I got mine to CC and it fits my hand(s) great. It doesn't have a great reputation, but it puts holes where I point it. I thought my $150 deal for it was good, nice score!

Good enough, especially for $50; especially nifty and thrifty since a Hi-Point can cost you at least $150 new. However, your more distinguished attackers and carjackers and home invaders might laugh at it and at you, while you shoot at them with such a cheap weapon.

The older models had an exposed ejector rod. If you grab the collar on the ejector rod you can pull it forward and open the cylinder without using the cylinder latch. The newer versions have a shroud around the ejector rod. Although the function is still there, you can't use it since you cant get a grip on the rod. Thats an easy way to tell. The newer frames seem to be a rougher casting, too.

There are various sources that say the originals were good to go with +p, but I doubt I'd feed one a steady diet. I keep 125gr Nyclad in my old one, and I absolutely love my old Bulldog .44Spl.

VIP Member
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by HUGHES555 View Post
    Thats good to know. I do believe it is an older one. Does anyone here no how I can find the age of it?
    Actually the really old ones were quite good also. Charter arms changed names in the late 1990's I believe. For a while they were called Charter 2000. The guns built it the 80's and 90's were not as good. The pre 80's and the 00's are OK.

Charter Arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

warning History content

The .44 Bulldog revolver gained notoriety after it was used by Son of Sam serial killer David Berkowitz in his murder spree.

Mumia Abu-Jamal was convicted for the 1981 murder of Philadelphia police officer Daniel Faulkner using a Charter Arms .38 Special revolver.

Mark David Chapman used a Charter Arms .38 Special Off Duty snub-nosed revolver to murder musician and former Beatle John Lennon.

Arthur Bremer attempted to assassinate Presidential Candidate and Governor of Alabama George Wallace, Jr. with a .38 Special Charter Arms Off Duty snub-nosed revolver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links