Love Arizona

This is a discussion on Love Arizona within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gotta love Arizona!!! Mailed in my CCW stuff this past Monday evening. Saturday in the mail I got my permit. Now that's a fast turn ...

Thread: Love Arizona

Love Arizona

Gotta love Arizona!!! Mailed in my CCW stuff this past Monday evening. Saturday in the mail I got my permit. Now that's a fast turn around time for any business let alone the government.

WELL DONE ARIZONA!!!
    Adam

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

2. Remove Ads

I took the CCW class on the 14th, mailed the application out the 16th, was approved on the 19th, and had the permit in my hand on the 20th.

That has to be some kind of record.

Man, half the state must be working in that office for that kind of turn around!

Mine took 90 days in Houston and that was fast for Houston.

Not even a full week's wait? Now that is progress from a gov agency.
    Congrats on the permit!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    WoW!!!
    Amazing!
    Makes you wonder how one state can do it and others lollygag along, taking months, like Michigan, for instance

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I got mine when I moved here in 2003 and it took about 3 weeks. Coming from New England, I thought that was about warp speed. But, CCWs were still a fairly new deal then and I suppose the paperwork processes have been pretty well streamlined since then.

AZ is a funny blend of old and new. Due to the huge growth since the mid-70's, with respect to government processes, nearly everything is new and computerized. Back east they've been mucking around with organized government for 250 years and they still seem mired in the old ways of doing things (like recording land records and vital statistics).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links