GOOD Range day

GOOD Range day

This is a discussion on GOOD Range day within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the range today with some LEO friends, for some practice. After warm-up, we shot standard Q targets with the standard 50 rounds at ...

Thread: GOOD Range day

VIP Member

Talking GOOD Range day

Went to the range today with some LEO friends, for some practice.

After warm-up, we shot standard Q targets with the standard 50 rounds at 7, 15, & 25 yards qualifying drill.

Guess who shot a 98 and thereby had his ammo and range fees paid for, by the other two?

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Hey man good job. The truth is many LEOs are not really good shots,or as knowledgeble of firearms as the civilians whom we are supposed to SERVE. I was working the night shift a couple of years ago, and heard a rookie call a supervisor after apprehending a subject during a foot pursuit. He called the supervisor because him or the other present did not know how to unload a revolver. I thought man, you have got to be kidding me. Back in the early ninetys while a member of the marine corp rifle and pistol team, I had my butt handed to me buy a group of old guys on the NRA team at Camp Perry. I hope you beat them again! Keep them humble.

The LEO didn't know how to unload a revolver?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good shooting Dave. I haven't gotten to do much shooting lately with all of the snow.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    The truth is many LEOs are not really good shots,or as knowledgeble of firearms as the civilians whom we are supposed to SERVE.
    FWIIW, these two can shoot. One (my son) shot a 96 and the other 92. There is a young woman officer that shoots with us sometimes that is nearly always 98 or 100 -- but more importantly her groups are always the tightest of the bunch. There is another young man that also wasn't there today that is nearly as good, as she is.
    Last edited by DaveH; February 28th, 2010 at 09:46 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links