Mooresville, NC

This is a discussion on Mooresville, NC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live in Huntersville and drive through Mooresville to get to the range. I think you have it pretty good. The range is outdoors though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mooresville, NC

I live in Huntersville and drive through Mooresville to get to the range. I think you have it pretty good.

The range is outdoors though

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    A few thoughts. First, Mace Guns in Mebane has always been pretty good in my book. They've got a couple guys that are a bit prickly but for the most part they're great folks.....until you open your own doors. The other shop near you is in Apex and I won't darken his door ever again. He runs his shop for himself, not for you and I.

In Morrisville, I think your biggest your biggest challenge for a range is.....where? Urban spread has changed that place beyond recognition from 20 years back. Indoor, yeah I can see it. Store front, yep that too. Outdoor, I don't know. I belong to a small range in Granville County and I might be able to feed you some information on the "how it's done" thing from an insurance and liability point of view.

The likelihood of success in opening a shop, IMO, is probably very good. A small shop opened a couple of years ago in Bahama, north of Durham, and they're doing well in a town with only one stop sign. But to your own thoughts, it goes beyond selection; There's customer concern in that shop and I go back and buy when I could go elsewhere and save a bit of money.

Be aware; Cabelas has supposedly bought land in the Mebane area and has plans for building. I expect that that would put Mace under water and impact any store for 50 miles. How much impact in Morrisville, who knows? Just a heads up. I'm not completely sure that this is even true but I've been hearing it for a couple of years now.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I live in south Charlotte and work in Monroe and am not completely sure of everything going on up in Moorsville. However, we have pretty good facilities down here (about 45 minutes south of your intended operational area). I have an indoor gun range 150 yards from my office (unfortunately only open to the public on Fridays, Saturadays, and Sunday). There is also another indoor range with a pretty decent gun store within 10 minutes of work.

For the outdoor range you would be competing with the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club (membership required) at least for the traffic in the southern part of the Charlotte. They have the nicest facilities as far as an outdoor range I have ever seen.

With all of that said, I wish you the best of luck and would utilize your outdoor rifle range often especially when I have friends who want to shoot that aren't members of CRPC.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post
    Third and final (maybe) free lifetime membership!!!
    What about those who have family from Greensboro to Asheboro down through Lexington?

Can we at least get a discount ?

I would gladly bring you a sandwich from Lexington BBQ and a Cheerwine for some range time the next time I am visiting family.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    We have a shop real close with the service you desire to provide, no range; however, he has a tough time perodically getting some stuff to sell. And ammo is the biggest problem.
    Good luck

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    From my experiance, lots of "pawn shops" are only that in name only, and are pretty much full fledged gun stores. Fuquay-Varina's Gun and gold is prime example of this.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links