Mooresville, NC

This is a discussion on Mooresville, NC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things: 1) A friendly, non-pretentious over ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Mooresville, NC

  1. #1
    Member Array enfd250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    59

    Mooresville, NC

    Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

    1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop (not a pawn shop(not that there's anything wrong with that)).

    2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range within a reasonable distance.

    I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

    I also CRAVE the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

    Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top (taking a HUGE financial risk) and opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you, would I be making a worthwhile investment?

    Any takers?
    Last edited by enfd250; February 28th, 2010 at 09:40 PM.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member Array Joeface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, Cabarrus Co.
    Posts
    237
    Sounds like a good idea, I would come by that's for sure.
    NRA Endowment Member
    USCCA Member
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Patriot Guard Rider

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,338
    I'm from NC and worked in Statesville for years. I can't speak for that area now, but based on the business I see in local gun shops, you put a range in with it and you'll have an endless supply of customers. We have a local "Outfitters" store that caters to hunting, shooting, etc. and they are non-stop.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

  5. #4
    Member Array purpledragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    379
    I'd drive to Mooresville for such a place. :)
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

  6. #5
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,939
    I know exactly what you mean where the store personnel look down their noses at you when you walk in. If you ain't buying, they want you out the door.

    I grew up in Charlotte, now in FL. The only indoor range is a health hazzard (NO ventilation, no A/C, lead dust everywhere). The only outdoor range (other than for "members" only) is 40 minutes up the road. I too have thought about opening up a decent indoor range, but it got expensive in a hurry. Then there's the local codes, liability (people here in Fl have a tendency to off themselves and family in ranges), Insurance, licensing, etc.

    Do your homework. If you can swing it, go for it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  7. #6
    Member Array enfd250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeface View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, I would come by that's for sure.
    If I ever pull this off, you just earned yourself a free lifetime membership for being the first to respond to this post. Congratulations!!!

  8. #7
    Member Array enfd250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm from NC and worked in Statesville for years. I can't speak for that area now, but based on the business I see in local gun shops, you put a range in with it and you'll have an endless supply of customers. We have a local "Outfitters" store that caters to hunting, shooting, etc. and they are non-stop.
    Second free lifetime membership.

  9. #8
    Member Array enfd250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    I'd drive to Mooresville for such a place. :)
    Third and final (maybe) free lifetime membership!!!

  10. #9
    Member Array enfd250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I know exactly what you mean where the store personnel look down their noses at you when you walk in. If you ain't buying, they want you out the door.

    I grew up in Charlotte, now in FL. The only indoor range is a health hazzard (NO ventilation, no A/C, lead dust everywhere). The only outdoor range (other than for "members" only) is 40 minutes up the road. I too have thought about opening up a decent indoor range, but it got expensive in a hurry. Then there's the local codes, liability (people here in Fl have a tendency to off themselves and family in ranges), Insurance, licensing, etc.

    Do your homework. If you can swing it, go for it.
    OK, one more. The fourth and final free lifetime membership.

    I swear, I will pull this off (I'm on a mission) just to piss off Obama. ;-)

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array First Sgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    7,967
    Check out info for the big NRA meeting in Charlotte. I believe they are having seminars on everything associated with opening a range. Just seems like I read that in my last NRA newsletter. Yup..found it...Range Development and Operations Conference with Business Planning...March 20-24 Charlotte, NC...www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/development.asp or call 877-672-7264

    Hope this helps ya out..Make sure I get my "lifetime membership" at your range...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

  12. #11
    Member Array Joeface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, Cabarrus Co.
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post
    If I ever pull this off, you just earned yourself a free lifetime membership for being the first to respond to this post. Congratulations!!!


    Oh yeah uh huh!
    NRA Endowment Member
    USCCA Member
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Patriot Guard Rider

  13. #12
    Member Array enfd250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Check out info for the big NRA meeting in Charlotte. I believe they are having seminars on everything associated with opening a range. Just seems like I read that in my last NRA newsletter. Yup..found it...Range Development and Operations Conference with Business Planning...March 20-24 Charlotte, NC...Range Development & Operations Conferences or call 877-672-7264

    Hope this helps ya out..Make sure I get my "lifetime membership" at your range...
    First Sgt, just to prove that I'm serious, you've just earned, the fifth and final free lifetime membership. I have to draw the line somewhere. ;-)

    Your information is much appreciated and will not go unused.

    It may be a bit of a drive for you, but you'll always be welcome.

    Now (this is a rough guess-timate), but I figure I'll need at least 50 more (at least "SOFT" confirmations) to get this off the ground.

    If you want this to be real, I need to hear from you before I try to talk the wife into tossing our savings into this venture.

  14. #13
    New Member Array allenc74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post
    First Sgt, just to prove that I'm serious, you've just earned, the fifth and final free lifetime membership. I have to draw the line somewhere. ;-)

    Your information is much appreciated and will not go unused.

    It may be a bit of a drive for you, but you'll always be welcome.

    Now (this is a rough guess-timate), but I figure I'll need at least 50 more (at least "SOFT" confirmations) to get this off the ground.

    If you want this to be real, I need to hear from you before I try to talk the wife into tossing our savings into this venture.
    I am from the Troutman area. I also hate to drive 40 min to go shoot. I also dislike shopping for guns and supplies at the local BIG chain gun shops. I would definitely be a customer of yours. You should definitely look into a shooting range as well. (like others have suggested). Keep me posted on your progress! I wish you the best of luck if you can convince the wife. (this may be the hardest part).

    I am actually looking to go shooting with the family this weekend!

  15. #14
    Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere near Nashville
    Posts
    1,271
    Welcome!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

  16. #15
    Member Array halfcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    218
    as a former Mooresville resident I say go for it there are literally thousands of people in Mooresville alone that would pay a membership fee to a range like that. Not sure where you will find the land in Mooresville anymore but you would not have to go far say Troutman or even over towards Kanapolis to get some good old farm land?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Mooresville NC
    By accurate in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: October 5th, 2009, 02:43 PM

Search tags for this page

glock gunsmith mooresville nc
,
gun stores in mooresville nc
,
mooresville nc concealed carry
,
mooresville outdoor range
,
mooresville outdoor shooting range
,
outdoor gun range mooresville nc
,

outdoor shooting range mooresville nc

,
outdoors clubs mooresville nc
,

patriot gun club mooresville

,

patriot gun club mooresville nc

,
prepper store mooresville
,

trap shooting mooresville nc

Click on a term to search for related topics.