Glock OEM Speedloader

Glock OEM Speedloader

This is a discussion on Glock OEM Speedloader within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It is me, or is the Golck OEM speedloader that came with my new G30 a piece of dung? I have better luck and can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glock OEM Speedloader

It is me, or is the Golck OEM speedloader that came with my new
    G30 a piece of dung? I have better luck and can do it more quickly NOT using the speedloader... just my fingers and thumb. Am i doing something wrong? Also, i can only get 9 rounds in the magazine. I think this is normal but am not sure. Any help? Thanks. Bunker

With new Glock mags it's almost impossible to load to capacity. Even with the loader thing it's really hard to get all the rounds in. After about a month or so with rounds loaded, it'll loosen up.

As for the tool, it works fine for us. It does take a little coordination to use it though - my wife had a hard time with it until she spent a few minutes concentrating on how to use it, but she's not known for her coordination anyway. lol

I know this is probably the world's stupidest question and I don't mean to be insinuating anything but do you have it turned the right way? I still sometimes throw it on there wrong, and wonder why the darn thing won't load. ;)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't have any problem with the Glock loader. Push loader down, shove round in, let loader up, seat round to rear.

The first time I tried to load ten rounds, no dice. I loaded 9 and left them overnight. After that no more problem. Now I can load 10 by hand, but the thumb gets sore after a few reloads. This is a known issue with the G30 ten-rounds mags.

If all else fails, get a Lulu Uploader I think it's called.

Also, you do have ten round mags, right? The G30 also has 9 round mags, which could be the problem.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I can certainly load my G26 mags faster by hand than with the loader. Maybe it takes practice?

Solve your problems with HKS Magazine Loaders. Quick and efficient for around $15 or less.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    I can certainly load my G26 mags faster by hand than with the loader. Maybe it takes practice?

Yep.

Don't feel bad, I could never get that darn thing to work either.
    I load 10 rnds in my G30 mags with ease now. The thing to do is load
    them as much as you can. and let them sit for a few days, than reload and unload them half a dozen times. Then reload them them with as many as you can and let set for a few days. And repeat as necessary.
    My G30 is my EDC and all my mags function perfect and she goes BANG every time I pull the trigger. Congrats on a great pistol.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

It is a ten round mag. The loader will only fit on the magazine one way... thanks for the replies. Bunker

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    ....If all else fails, get a Lulu Uploader I think it's called......
    Close, it's called a LULA.

http://maglula.com/

One vote for the HKS reloader

glockworld.com: HKS Magazines HKS Mag Loader for Glock Models G17

I bought myself one of these at the local gun show for $13.00. Glockworld (link above) is selling them for less.

Had my gun now for a bit over a week. Have been doing a lot of loading mags both with the above reloader and without.

Here's what I've found:

1. with or without the reloader, getting the last 1-3 bullets into my magazines is tough work. (My mags are 15 rounds)
    2. with or without the reloader, getting that very last bullet into the magazine is close to impossible
    3. loading gets easier with practice. Either by hand or with the reloader. Said another way, the springs, getting use, seem to give a bit over time
    4. I prefer the reloader to bare hand loading, even if its only marginally faster. Basically, my fingers hurt less when using the HKS reloader

Have also heard about the lulu reloader, which I saw a youtube video of which seemed very compelling. If I'm not mistaken, the lulu will reload all calibers into all mags so although its more than twice the cost, it seems like a better value if you own more than one gun.

Also -- on a side note, I have read that Glock magazines have in some cases been causing FTFs, particularly when the mags are fully loaded. This makes me think that the mag springs are just so damn tight they can futz with the chambering process. Anyone heard about this? Am I off base?

M-
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

Piece of dung. I use my meaty thumbs!

Oh no, you can put them on backwards......they just don't work that way. :) LOL

The loader that came with my GLOCK 19 works just fine, I can load 15 rounds in them easily. I hope to try this out on a GLOCK 30 one of these days....

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I had little problems with the 19 or 36, but the 30 has been challenging to get the last round in. I managed a few times but several itmes gave up and shot 9. Now it's loaded with 9+1 and hopefully with a bit more use it'll get easier. FWIW my son who is much bigger thana I am can get 10 in.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    [QUOTE=merischino;1523945][url=http://www.glockworld.com/item/3995

Also -- on a side note, I have read that Glock magazines have in some cases been causing FTFs, particularly when the mags are fully loaded. This makes me think that the mag springs are just so damn tight they can futz with the chambering process. Anyone heard about this? Am I off base?

M-[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with full mags in my G30. Or the G21 mag I use in it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links