Defensive Carry banner

Got A S&W Sigma

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  atctimmy 
#1 ·
i checked around different shops.. stopped off at afield
found a sigma SW9VE for $383 so now i'm gonna hit the range in the next few days, when bill goodman gun and knife show return next week i'm gonna pick up more ammo

#2 ·
I have one and I like it. Never had a single issue. Comfortable to shoot, goes bang everytime and I have not noticed a single "ammo sensitive" issue. What ever fits, fires and ejects. I can't understand why these pistols get a bad rap from time to time. Mine has been flawless and I am confident yours too will be.

Perhaps it has something to do with not paying an arm and a leg for a pistol?:aargh4: What ever the case, I really like mine. It serves bedside duty as well as occasional carry with proper dress. They are a bit hard to hide. :22a:

Simple to field strip, simple to clean, comfortable to shoot and goes bang every time. What more can a person ask for?

Enjoy your SW9VE!

Best, Craig

#4 ·
I don't own one but, I've shot one a couple of times. An early one.
I liked the Sigma. I thought it was a nice firearm so...I always "stick up" for it.
It was accurate. It functioned perfectly. It was ergonomically quite nice. The magazines are good quality.
It tends to get very unfairly bashed sometimes but, not so much as before.
It is like "the best kept secret" for a comparatively inexpensive personal self~defense firearm.
I wouldn't feel naked & under-gunned with a Sigma when the bad guy was running at me with a tire iron in his mitts & wanting to cave my noggin in.
It will get the job done.

#5 ·
I bought mine at Bill Goodman's, at Hara Arena, TWO weeks before the $50 rebate, or two free $37 magazines, started! I bought the .40 caliber Sigma, my first such one, because it's the standard cop ammo in West Carrollton, Ohio, like ya know. 9mm is cheaper. It's a gun fun gun, with a little bit of kick, and I shot it at the Miami Valley Shooting Grounds near Vandalia.

#9 ·
the best safety you have is between your ears.

i owned the Sigma for a long time; it was my first handgun, and the first i carried. i overpaid for it, but i didn't know any better then. it was dependable and accurate, and felt good in the hand. congrats on the new gun.

#12 ·
"So Glock-like that they were successfully sued over it."

Which IS the real (behind the scenes) reason why it got overly bashed into a hole in the ground on the various gun forums.

Not because the "trigger" was SO gosh awfully terrible.

The die-hard Glockaholics absolutely despised the Sigma because it dared to encroach on Gaston's Tupperware baby. :biggrin2:

#13 ·
Errrm The suit was not successful since it did not conclude, it was settled out of court.

wikipedia.org said:
The Sigma series pistols are so similar to the competing Glock pistols that Glock sued Smith & Wesson for patent infringement. The case was settled out of court in 1997, with S&W agreeing to make alterations to the Sigma design and pay an undisclosed amount to Glock.
Whatever the changes where it doesn't look much different.

#17 ·
Do I think Sigmas are the best gun ever made? No, but I do think they are a very good value. I recommend them to folks on a budget.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.