Defensive Carry banner

Changing from .40 to 9mm

3K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  jualdeaux 
#1 · (Edited)
First things first, allow me to apologize for the caliber war that this post will probably start. It's not my intent, but it'll probably happen anyway. :hand5:

A couple of weeks ago, I hurt my right arm at work(over-extended it.) It took me out of commision for almost two weeks. Yay for the time off, boo for the lack of paychecks.

Well, today I thought I would get out since it was so nice out and do some target shooting. Bad idea it turned out, since that .40 out of my Glock 23 was really hammering my wrist. I stopped after 1 fifty-round box and went back inside my house to clean the pistol. That was about 8 hours ago and it's still sort of sore.

Well, in the time I've been sitting here I've decided that I'm leaving .40 behind and going back to 9mm. It only makes sense since it's an easier shooting round, I've got a Beretta CX4 in 9mm on layaway, and I've never been one of those types who enjoyed having multiple calibers around anyway. (1 handgun caliber, 1 rifle caliber, 1 shotgun gauge, and of course .22lr for my plinker.)

So anyway, what this post is about, is I want to go from a G23 to a G19. But should I do that, or should I just buy an aftermarket barrel, G19 mags, and change the extractor and ejector? My pistol is 95-98%, & it's only got around 1500 rounds through it, so I'd get a decent amount if I traded it in or just sold it outright.

What to do, what to do? :icon_neutral:

See less See more
#28 ·
One of my cop friend's range guys we're saying a while ago that the Glock .40 is based on the 9mm frame. Apparently this led to some reliability issue with the .40s. Not sure exactly which model(s) or if newer models fixed this, but it does make it seem like the 9mm barrel conversion and new 9mm mags would be a "natural" fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.