How old on your first time?

This is a discussion on How old on your first time? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There was a nine shot .22 revolver waiting for me to be born. I was a bit more interested in other things for the first ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How old on your first time?

sm
    There was a nine shot .22 revolver waiting for me to be born.
    I was a bit more interested in other things for the first few years of my life, having to give mom all that attention...

Between / around 3 - 4 years old, Maternal Grandma whom had gotten that gun for me as a birthing gift, *sigh* well it was time for Grandma to get lessons, I assisted her and she was a great student. Then again most ladies are better students anyway.

Age 6 , I shot my first centerfire Handgun - a Gov't Model of 1911- Seems a Gunny at the Nat'l Guard Camp had heard of me, and wanted my input.

I assisted him on how to teach new folks all wearing the same clothes, and in return learned some new words that one is not supposed to use around Moms, ladies, and some adults, especially the ones that attend church.

I also in exchange - well these Army Folks tried to bribe me with Chocolate from C Rations, and all sorts of goodies the cook would do, or Jeep rides.

Didn't work, nope I saw plumb thru these folks. I just assisted in sharing what I knew about the 1911.

*wink*

Steve
    Use Enough Gun

2. Remove Ads

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I received my first rifle, a cut down 03A3 when I was five years old, so that I could go elk hunting with my father and uncles. One of mM Uncle who lived in Portales, NM was a gunsmith and did the work on it. Back in those days, a 03A3 went for about $10.00.
    I didn't get a BB gun until I was six.
    I've carried a firearm almost daily for the last 40 years.

Jungle Work

8 or 9 when I started shooting my dads 22 rifle and pistol. My first year hunting was with a 16ga single shot shotgun for small game and a 30-30 winchester for dear.
    "EVERYONE is operating with only partial information" :hand27:
    Some Wise Guy, USA 2001

6 - Dad said "here boy, shoot this shotgun"(12ga.dbl.brl) so I did and me and it went back 2-3 feet. He picked it up and told me "here boy, shoot this shotgun". Downhill since then!

Similar story here. I was 5 years old, my dad was sighting in his Winchester .32 Special in prep for deer hunting. I walked up and said “Can I try?” So he had me stand just in front of a log and shoot at a pile of dirt about 20 feet away.
    The recoil sent me flying back over the log. He caught the gun as I went down.
    I never forgot the power of a firearm!

22 years later, he gave me that gun for my birthday.

I’ll be giving it to my son someday.
    (That thing still kicks like a muel.)
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Got my first pellet rifle at age 10. Then, a Marlin .22 rifle at age 12.

First started shooting handguns at age 18. I've been a handgun fan every day since.
    XD 9mm Sub-compact
    XD 9mm Tactical

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association

I was 15, in the back seat of my 1950 Buick Special....Wait a minute, wrong forum. Started shooting 22 at the age of 8. got my own sears 22 at 11. Hunted rabbits/squirrels from about 10. Small town Alabama. Shot rats at the town dump, targets at the sand pit. That new Sears 22 cost $11.95. 1955
    Life is too short to be serious!

7 years old

I was 7 when I got my first BB gun...a Red Ryder that I still have to this day. I was 10 when I got my first "real gun" a Winchester 94/22 that I also still have and maintain in pristine condition the way my Father taught me to. I am embarrassed to say I did not get to shoot a handgun til I was about 17 and did not own one until I was 25.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links