Ruger p95 problem update

This is a discussion on Ruger p95 problem update within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's been a while since I've been on here and my last post was about a ruger problem my brother was having where his brand ...

Thread: Ruger p95 problem update

Ruger p95 problem update

It's been a while since I've been on here and my last post was about a ruger problem my brother was having where his brand new gun would stovepipe and jam or jam the shell horizontally and if it did not jam it wouldn't feed the round. The empty shell would not eject well and maybe only clear the slide by 1/4in. The gun was a POS and was suppose to be his CC weapon. In order to fire the gun you had to have a death grip on it and fireing it one hand is a joke it's a bolt action pistol and very disapointed with it. Also we have been shooting for years so it is not user error. Well the update is he sent the gun to ruger (who suppose to have excellent customer service) and they fixed the ejector and a few other things. They fired 30 rounds through it and sent it back saying it was ok. Well we fired it and still the same issue. We have been in contact with them and arguing about how a gun should fire. We have shot 200 rounds with it and nothing. Ruger said they can switch his gun for a brand new one but that's about it. Now he dosent want to get anything from tiger because well they have screwed him over and want him to trust his life with POS pistol. Then on the other end ruger said to talk to where we purchased it and we did. We told them they can keep the brand new gun and we will buy better gun from them. They said they will give him 100 dollars less then he paid for ruger. We are getting screwed from both ends and nothing we can do we have never had this problem with any gun or a manufacturer.

Do you guys have any ideas or question because I know I forgot to
    post something :0 but just let me know we are stumped.
    with

2. Remove Ads

Hundreds of people on this forum have or have had Ruger P95s (I have one) and this is the first problem that I've ever seen with one. That is VERY unusual as these guns are typically 100% reliable, built like a tank. I would take them up on their offer of a new replacement weapon and try it out. The liklihood of getting 2 lemons from them is extremely low (as the liklihood of getting 1 is so low you have to dig an 8 foot hole just to see it). If there is a problem with the second one, then it must be ammo related. What brand and type of ammo are you shooting? I've never heard of a P95 being ammo sensitive, but there's always a first time.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

No issues with mine either.
    Adam

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

Mine shoots perfectly fine with over 1200 rounds through it.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Take the offer of a replacement weapon, it is not often you will get that from a manufacturer.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

jbs
    I have no problems with mine and I limp wrist it at times.
    The only problem I've seen close to what you describe are my reloads that are extremely light...not enough force to fully push the slide.
    If I need to oil a gun, I go to the beach.
    8040 Couger, P95
    1929 MN 91/30, 1927/28 MN Ex Dragoon, MN M44's, Lots of MN's
    Swiss LG1911 1915 and 1916
    Brazilian VZ-24 JC (2), Brazilian Model 1908
    Spanish M1916

Ammo is not a problem we have tried at least like 5-6 types of ammo and grain. I am just disapointed and it's not even my pistol. I am mad I bought a ruger right before him because my family is never giving them a cent of money ever again.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Take Ruger up on the offer for a replacement gun. Evidently they are acknowledging that they didn't fix it. Go to any gun forum and you will find a lemon or two of any brand. Sounds like they are trying to make it right.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

ok, take the new-in-box replacement and trade it in for something else. NIB will bring more trade-in $$$.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Take the new gun Ruger is offering. Turning it down would be a bad move on your part. They are an excellent shooter.

Mine was the very first firearm I ever purchased at 21, a Ruger P95DC, right after Ruger introduced them to the market. The gun performed so flawlessly for me that I used it as my duty sidearm when I was an LEO. Sorry to hear about your brothers problems.

I'm in agreement. Take them up on the NIB replacement and sell/trade it in if you're unhappy with Ruger. Good luck finding a replacement.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Well we are taking up their NIB offer but the whole point of it is this has been on going for 2 months at least trying to play phone tag between ruger and the place we purchased the pistol from. I've read everywhere on here that the 95 is a great gun and ruger has good CS, so that is why he bought it. He is going to upgrad for sure he is looking at a 92 fs or a CZ not sure which model.

I don't see the problem. If they'd told you "too bad, we say it's fixed and that's it" I could understand. Heck, if they had kept having you send it in for "repairs" (if they were Taurus for example) that would be pretty annoying too but they're offering a brand new replacement gun. That seems like pretty good service to me. What else are they supposed to do?

Not take 2 months to do something and also not send the gun back still not working with them saying the problem is fixed and operating as designed because it's not. They also refuse to pay any type of shipping for the gun and also when they say we will get a call back from someone and we do not it gets pretty annoying. They did that about 4 times. I'm sorry it's ridiculous after spending several hundred dollars on their product and not helping us out till several months later.

Take the replacement.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Links