Am I just being up tight???? - Page 2

Am I just being up tight????

This is a discussion on Am I just being up tight???? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What is wrong with people today ? I don't understand the way the mind works on some people. Defacing your gun should be grounds for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I just being up tight????

What is wrong with people today ? I don't understand the way the mind works on some people. Defacing your gun should be grounds for a public flogging. Tattoos, fine whatever, but not the gun. Come on people can't really be this stupid, can they?

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfriend View Post
    Some people tattoo their bodies. Some tattoo their guns. My preference is to leave both in factory condition.
    Well said. (And I'm stealing that, btw)

If it's a "good shoot" you have nothing to worry about in criminal court. If you end up in civil court (where your popularity with the jury is a factor that cannot be ignored) then you can count on it being paraded around the courtroom along with transcripts of all your gun forum posts.

I have "business in the front" etched on the barrel, and "party in the rear" embossed on the back plate.

Juuuuuuust kidding!
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

In my opinion?...maybe a little. I don't mind how people dress up thier guns. It's thier gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Well said. (And I'm stealing that, btw)

If it's a "good shoot" you have nothing to worry about in criminal court. If you end up in civil court (where your popularity with the jury is a factor that cannot be ignored) then you can count on it being paraded around the courtroom along with transcripts of all your gun forum posts.

I have "business in the front" etched on the barrel, and "party in the rear" embossed on the back plate.

Juuuuuuust kidding!
    In MI if your cleared in criminal court as a good shoot, then you cannot be tried in civil court.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

If it truly is a recreational piece then I say whatever blows your hair back. That being said there should, if possible, be a line drawn between a recreational piece and defensive one IMO.

I know many budgets including mine do not allow such a large collection, and that is why my mods are very simple and have a purpose (sites, springs, triggers, etc).
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Ok, I'm confused. You say there is something wrong with the slide plate on your GLOCK? If not, why SPEND MONEY to replace a perfectly good factory part on a pistol that is as reliable as they come?

I have a problem with you putting an image of an illegal drug on something that is illegal for a lot of decent law abiding people to even own in a country where we have a Constitutional Right to Bear Arms. This very right is under constant attack and associating legal guns with illegal drugs does not help our cause.

I would think it would portray a bad image in court if that should ever come up, it shouldn't matter but that is the society we live in. And don't expect the first amendment to save you.

Don't get me wrong, I toyed with the idea of changing the slide plate on mine but decided against it.

Bottom line: it's entirely up to you, I wouldn't choose that particular plate and I'm sure there are good arguments against most of them. It may never be an issue, we hope.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    You could sure bet that if you ever used that gun in SD, a picture of the gun would make the front page!

Dumb idea.

Then again, pot and dumb ideas tend to go together.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Anybody that puts a pot leaf on their guns deserves to be pistol whipped by a Desert Eagle toting orangutan...repeatedly.
    Will me and my "Alaskan" do?
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Administrator
    Hey....opt for nice personal monogram initials or...some artistic scroll engraving if you want to dress up your firearm
    You would would have to be logic and common sense impaired to sport a marijuana leaf on your self-defense firearm.....probably from smoking too much dope.

IMO - if you are ever involved in a shooting, justifiable or not, civil and criminal attorneys will be scouring any and every detail of your life looking for incriminating information. Everything about you will be fair game, the weapons owned, your background, your bumper stickers on your cars, trespassing signs on your property, (think - "never mind the dog beware of owner", EVERYTHING!

This includes your online screen names - think - "kill 'em all" and posts - looking for something that they can show a jury and go "see - this guy is a whack job, see his gun with the Skull and Crossbones? No wonder he shot my client"! I know, it sounds ridiculous but it happens!

So why give them anything?
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

mrm
    well first and foremost I dont find anything wrong with personalization, but a pot leaf might take that to far same as skulls, but that being said my wife bought me a back piece for my 27 that said team Glock on it. So anyway I tried to put it on and it wont lock into place like the original because the back is slightly different. Now you might not think that is a big deal but if you rack the slide to hard or the recoil just right can move that piece down and not allow the pistol to go into battery, So I said thank you and left it at that the piece sits in my safe and wont go on any of my guns.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post

Then again, pot and dumb ideas tend to go together.

"It seemed like a great idea at the time!"

Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

So I guess this would be out too,

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

If you want to decorate your stuff, then decorate your stuff and dont worry about it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post
    In my opinion?...maybe a little. I don't mind how people dress up thier guns. It's thier gun.
    And you have to remember, just because your gun is for SD, doesn't mean their's is. Many have guns for recreation, not SD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links