Enhance or restore your gun sights

This is a discussion on Enhance or restore your gun sights within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Most of us who own pistols with fixed sights face sooner or later the fact that they cannot be changed for something better. The argument ...

Thread: Enhance or restore your gun sights

Sponsor

Enhance or restore your gun sights

Most of us who own pistols with fixed sights face sooner or later the fact that they cannot be changed for something better. The argument can be made (and is often made), "those fixed sights are all I'm gonna need to get the job done", right, but in this world we don't have to get stuck with anything, car wheels, cellphones etc. we can replace, wife and our bald head, well, we are stuck with them.
    But just the same way we can make our wife prettier if we give her flowers and taker out to dinner and our head will look good with a cool hat, well, fixed sights can be enhanced too.

There are a number of products in the market we can use, but today we are referring to Glow-On Super phosphorescent.

We are using for this example the famous Keltec PF, a very popular 9mm shooter,CC compact.

In a single vial package of GLow-On there is everything we need to get the job done: The Pigment and the small pouch of self adhesive in the appreciation package we are shipping inside.

Check all weapons are unloaded and there is no ammo in the room whenever we work on our weapon to avoid the possibility of injury

Here we appreciate the original simple sights with the white dots, we use a simple clamp t hold our weapon in position and we are ready to apply the Glow-On pigment:

Using the applicator we dab in the front sight full, swipe the excess and wait about one hour for it to be safe and proceed:

We are ready now to apply the self adhesive, measure twice and cut once for this one, we make sure we cover as much area as possible, this is not so much about looks as it is about picking those sights fast, with Glow-On the bigger the area, the brighter. We measure and cut the notch with the help of a Xacto knife , check for size and apply it.
    the adhesive part will not hold by itself in virtue of the small area so we apply a couple of layers of transparent nail polish which in reality is one of the stronger plastic polymers available.

Here is the final result: No words are necessary here to describe the difference:

A small degree of dexterity is necessary to do this job, but all in all if I can do it with my sausage looking fingers anyone can

Visit Glow-On for more info.
    Go with the glow

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor

Give your pump gun a facelift

To every man, his home is his castle and he shall defend it as such.

Add to that the fact that most of us appreciate raw power and the decisions is easy.
    Automatic or pump, no matter, one shell usually settles matters.
    ( please use proper training and practice before you attempt to man one of these )

Go with the glow

I recently bought a bottle of Glow-on and used them on the Glock 23's that I'd bought used and they'd lost their glow. Worked very well.

Also dabbed some on my LCP where the sights are black and very difficult to line up. A big enhancement there. Worth the $10 to me.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Sponsor

100% customer support from Glow-On.

"How much paint do I need for 5 guns?"
    A: One small vial (2.3 ml) will more than enough for this job. In fact there's enough for more than 25 pistols. And that's a conservative estimate.

After every use I add a few drops of water to the top and close the vial as tightly as I can.
    This should keep the paint fresh for a few months.
    In fact, one could fill the vial to the top after every use, and when the time comes to use it again, just tip the vial to get the excess water out and stir, fresh paint again.

Water won't damage the paint and it will keep it fluid.
    If the paint show crumbs after a few months, just add water and stir vigorously.
    If one adds too much water and the paint is to thin, just keep the vial open for a few hours for the excess to evaporate.

You get the idea, water is the key to keep it fresh.

In any case, please remember, after you purchase our product, you have our full support.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Can you keep reviving the glow with an led flashlight indefinitely

Can you keep reviving the glow with an led flashlight indefinitely or is there a point where the light will not revive?
    Thanks,
    Terry
    The glow cycle can be repeated millions of time for a period of about ten years. 3-5 seconds of light exposure are enough to get you going
    When exposed to daylight the response is almost instantaneous. In fact the material is always glowing but its glow is only perceived when one moves to a shady area
    or one enters a building.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Could you tell me which color has the best visibility day and night

Could you tell me which color has the best visibility day and night?
    mustang, OK
    I'm particularly partial to yellow and green, if you want to have a day color on your sights.
    That is, in daylight it looks yellow or green Vs. the greenish white which the Glow-On original shows.

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Some uses f0or the new Glow-On Self adhesive A+

Some of us guys are into music too right?
    If you are having to buy picks constantly because they simply disappear.
    I found a solution with The A+ Self adhesive, just turn the lights off and there they are.

To keep this post relevant, please notice the Sig on top of the guitar

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

Go with the glow