Repair or enhance your gun sights

This is a discussion on Repair or enhance your gun sights within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Enhance you weapon's sights with little money. Glow-on super phosphorescent is ideal for the job, glows in the dark, the glow is long lasting, for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Repair or enhance your gun sights

Sponsor

Repair or enhance your gun sights

Enhance you weapon's sights with little money.

Glow-on super phosphorescent is ideal for the job, glows in the dark, the glow is long lasting, for just a few bucks.

The black cap on every glow-on vial shows the contents in real time and what you should expect after you apply it. The pigment is volumetric so it fills easily those old white dots some gun sights have, which get soiled so often.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 1 contents:
    -Single vial of Glow-On super phosphorescent.
    -Instructions sheet.
    -Two applicators.

US$ 6.99 plus S&H

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2 contents:
    -1 Single vial of Glow-On super phosphorescent.
    -1 package of Glow-On self adhesive (ten 1/2" squares and two small strips) for use on rear gun sights or a remote control
    -1 Instructions sheet.
    -2 applicators.

US$ 8.99 plus S&H

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 3 contents
    -1 package of Glow-On self adhesive (ten 1/2" squares and two small strips) for use on rear gun sights or a remote control.
    -1 Instructions sheet.
    -2 applicators.
    -1 Glow-On self adhesive super phosphorescent all weather card ( about 2 1/2' x 3 1/2" ). For you to customize to your own needs.

US$ 14.99 plus S&H

Shipped the same day you order, it takes 2-3 day to arrival

Go with the glow

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    Here are some pics a friend sent me of his work with glow-on.
    The stuff is "happy meal" affordable, and easy to apply, what is not to like.

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Repair or enhance your sights with this premium luminescent pigment.
    Once it cures completely will last for years.
    Still have a number of kits of Glow-On Super phosphorescent
    Free shipping!

I've had some good reports from some guys who used it on their CBE SCOPE on their composite bows, I know very little about archery, but I guess some of you guys shoot arrows every once in awhile.

Still have a number of kits of Glow-On Super phosphorescent

Free shipping!

To make it easy to check it out, just click on the prices

Option 1 contents:
    -Single vial of Glow-On super phosphorescent.
    -Instructions sheet.
    -Two applicators.
    Only US $9.98

Option 2 contents:
    -1 package of Glow-On self adhesive (ten 1/2" squares and two small strips) for use on rear gun sights or a remote control
    -1 Instructions sheet.
    -2 applicators.
    US $12.41

Thanks for the support, the paint is really good stuff

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    I'm bored tonight, if someone order today Sunday, PM me today Sunday, I'll send two for the price of one, my word.

Gatopardo

P.S. February 20, 2011, that is.
    Go with the glow

It works darn well IMHO.

Sponsor
    We ship Internationally.

Here self adhesive material included in the "Option 2" package is applied to the bottom of a magazine for fast draw in the dark. Plus, notice the flashlight on the background.

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow-on video

Ok here is an impromptu video of Glow-On application, I made in the heat of the moment because a member wanted to see one asap, I'll post a better one next time.
    So sit back, get some popcorn and enjoy.
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow-On super phosphorescent video

Here is a basic tutorial showing the application of the pigment over gun sights.

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Recently there was a police chase which ended a few blocks from where we live, It was about 0300 hours and there where about a couple dozen police cars going back and forth some with lights, some with the lights off, I woke up because of the emergency lights coming thru the second floor windows. There were no sirens or any sound, it looked alarming.

I could see on a field half a click away several patrols trying to illuminate a big area, of course they where looking for someone dangerous.

The second after I woke up i knew immediately where my pistol was, since I applied a couple of stick-on on the lower part of the magazine, my cell phone, my flashlight, my TV remote, light switches, etc. For the first time since we developed this product i could experience first hand and see with my own eyes the advantage it gives anyone who has it.

We kept all the lights off but we knew where everything important was, in the case of an invasion or such.

In the end, the suspect killed himself with his own pistol in a neighbor's backyard fortunately for us didn't that close to our house or our friend's.

Glow-on might not look like a great deal to some people, but even the small Swiss knife is worth one's life when we have it in the right moment, if one has it.

Respect Gatopardo
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Enhance or repair your gun sights with Glow-On super phosphorescent (OK )

Enhance or repair your gun sights with Glow-On super phosphorescent (OK )

This is a new Glow-On video. Specifically designed tutorial for our customers who purchased the "Option 1" or paint only purchase option.

Even though this set of sights have receded dots and the front sight has a small gutter, the pigment is just as efficient over bare flat metal as I will demonstrate in a video soon.

The video is HD so if you use the whole screen you might be able to see the detail better.

Please PM me if there are any questions

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Three option, which one should I buy?

As of this moment, we have three purchase options, which one should I get? Well, this video explains briefly the advantages of each one:

Amateurism aside, hope it helps.
    Go with the glow

Interesting product that has some good applications ie low cost night sights, but be careful about sicking it on the magazine and all over the pistol.

The more you use the more it makes you visible to the bad guy in a home defense scenario.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by pica View Post
    Interesting product that has some good applications ie low cost night sights, but be careful about sicking it on the magazine and all over the pistol.

The more you use the more it makes you visible to the bad guy in a home defense scenario.
    If a bad guy goes for "stuff that glows" while invading the peace of my home, he'll probably go for the TV remote control or my cell phone, which has more Glow-On than my gun, or maybe my hands which are often glamorized with the "stuff" Lol!

Now seriously, a 1/2" on the bottom of your mag will make it easier to get a good grab on that gun in a moment of disorientation, struggle, etc. There is no way in the world a home invader will know what that faint white glow is, that's something only you'll know
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Some tests

And since we were testing stuff, we gather around some other glow paints, the leading brands in the country, mind you.

How did we pick? Their name comes up again and again in the forums, of course they are top notch high quality products and the companies which manufacture them are at the top.

Our point however was to show that not all "apples" are the same.
    They are all created for different purposes, what is good for posters is not necessarily good for gun sights or else.
    We used a piece of dark art cardboard, no primer or white background was used.

Anyways here is a photo:

The first one to the left is our Glow-On, the second is the most popular, most sold glow paint you an find at any art and crafts store, the third and fourth are hi end glow paints, mostly sold online.

The first thing we notice is how opaque and visible the first two are in teh presence of light. As for the last two a white background would help.

So we turned the lights off and it got interesting:

All of them looking good, although you can see which one is the brightest.
    10 minutes later is getting dramatic, the second one almost disappeared:

After thirty minutes this is what is left:

Now informed people know the glow is perceived all night long ' WHEN YOUR EYES ARE ACCUSTOMED TO THE DARK, WHICH HAPPENS IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES AFTER ALL THE LIGHTS ARE OFF' .

As a disclaimer I'll say this is an enhancer, better than regular paint, we could argue all night long about 22.long vs 9mm, or rifle vs. shotgun, or mask vs. hair, or piranha vs. alligator, or Glow-On vs. tritium or "you know who" vs. Gato, it would never end, if you guys like glow stuff, come and get it, if you don't like you get your money back NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

If someone wants to trade something interesting for some glow, just PM me, I never refuse a good deal.
    Go with the glow

Sponsor
    We upgraded the Glow-On Self Adhesive and the pigment.

The Self Adhesive got an extra phosphorescent layer.
    Here is a sample of the new glow self adhesive with some squares of the regular material over the new, one can see clearly the contrast, the regular material looks a tad darker.

I'll post in youtube more "news"
    Go with the glow

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast