Lets put this gun sight paint thru a physical test.

This is a discussion on Lets put this gun sight paint thru a physical test. within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; ...

Thread: Lets put this gun sight paint thru a physical test.

Sponsor

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Come get your paint!

Go with the glow

Administrator
    This forum is for sponsors to advertise items for sale and not to be used to discuss the merits of particular offers.

Please restrict questions and comments to the item(s) being sold. Feel free to PM the original poster for more information.

All unrelated posts interfering with the original poster's attempts to sell the items and will be removed without notice.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    Great to see that you're doing quality control testing on your product as it applies to its use on firearms.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

A legitimate question not intended to cause issues:

If your weapon has been in your holster hidden from light for several hours, is there any expectation of a glow or would the product require a "charge" before it will luminesce?

I do like the concept of being able to tailor the shape of the glow.

Also glad to see quality testing.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Sponsor

Gun sights paint, will it work if I need it?

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    A legitimate question not intended to cause issues:

If your weapon has been in your holster hidden from light for several hours, is there any expectation of a glow or would the product require a "charge" before it will luminesce?

I do like the concept of being able to tailor the shape of the glow.

Also glad to see quality testing.

If you have daylight, the charge happens instantaneously as you draw, if you enter, say a dark garage or barn your sights will be very visible, so you draw before you enter.
    If say you are working a night shift, you want all lights to be on, if they fail you want to have your Mag-Lite and then to charge both sights takes about four seconds.

I worked the night club circuit some time ago, we faced unruly clients sometimes.We even had a guy try to take my sidearm, we always controlled the situation and I never had to draw.

Let me assure you something, the color of the sights on my 1911 was the last thing on my mind.
    That was a long time ago, I run a more peaceful existence now.

I know there are a hundred situations one doesn't want to be in, but they happen, and it's not one but a score of small things, starting with sound training and practice what will prevail.

The choices of weapons, the caliber, the sighting system, the armor, support, partners, etc. The more factors one has on one's side, the better the outcome.

Glow-On is just but one more small thing, I cannot thing of any instance where the sole fact that I have my product on my sights will save my life.

Let me give you this example: I purchased portable fire escape ladders, we have three of those, one on each room, we haven't used them, I hope we never will, I hope I will have time to deploy them if I need to, we practice a couple of times already and I know, if there is a fire all bets are off, but this and some fire extinguishers are the best we can do for now, (it beats the hell out of jumping from the second floor) just in case, it adds survival points, one more choice.
    I am not going to wast time pondering whether it'll work or not, 'cause I won't know 'till it happens, that is what Glow-On does and we offer nothing more

It is a work in progress and we conduct tests all the time, we don't disregard any comment, especially the bad ones, it keeps me busy, but that is my job.

Hope this helps,

Go with the glow