Glow-On gun sights paint, things are about to get interesting, new colors coming!

This is a discussion on Glow-On gun sights paint, things are about to get interesting, new colors coming! within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Glow-On gun sights paint, things are about to get interesting, new colors coming! WE are also implementing Google Checkout as an alternative to pay pal! ...

Thread: Glow-On gun sights paint, things are about to get interesting, new colors coming!

Sponsor

Glow-On gun sights paint, things are about to get interesting, new colors coming!

WE are also implementing Google Checkout as an alternative to pay pal!

More details about the product itself in next posts

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map
    Go with the glow

2. Remove Ads

cool!

now I wonder how I can remove the one on my front sight to replace it with a yellow one

Sponsor

"how I can remove the one on my front sight to replace it with a yellow one"

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    cool!

now I wonder how I can remove the one on my front sight to replace it with a yellow one
    For the most part any paint can be removed easily from most synthetic or metallic surfaces as long as the area is very small, like in the case of gun sights painted dot, including Glow-On.
    One can use anything pointy but blunt ( not to scratch our gun) plastic or wood are preferred, and just pry it out, it usually comes off easily.
    One can use nail polish remover, applied carefully to the paint with a Q-tip, it wont dissolve the paint, just softens it a bit and then we go back to our little pointy tool, and push it out.

Then clean any residue with alcohol and paint again, let it dry for 24 hours.

Go with the glow

cj
    I've got a green front sight from some samples you sent me a while ago...what color would you suggest for rear dots to balance contrast and long term brightness?

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    I've got a green front sight from some samples you sent me a while ago...what color would you suggest for rear dots to balance contrast and long term brightness?
    I Would suggest the Orange/orange (orange day color and orange-yellow glow). This product has a orange sherbet day color and a orangish-yellow glow.
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow-On gun sights paint: Delivery time?

What's the typical shipping time for Glow-On?
    We ship via USPS. We ship every day except Sundays and Holidays.

USPS delivery time in the USA usually takes 2-5 days.

In rare ocassions, packages get stuck in big distribution centers or get destroyed in route or are returned if the recipient doesn't have a mail box, etc.
    However this is a small percentage and we have been able to overcome all the limitations USPS has, by keeping communication with our customers and keeping tacking numbers.

Go with the glow

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
    I Would suggest the Orange/orange (orange day color and orange-yellow glow). This product has a orange sherbet day color and a orangish-yellow glow.
    Thank you!...order placed (hope I got the right one). I also, in looking around for everyplace you sell, tried to correct some perceptions on the Amazon reviews. Apparently some people think they're buying a liquid tritium suspension or something.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Thank you!...order placed (hope I got the right one). I also, in looking around for everyplace you sell, tried to correct some perceptions on the Amazon reviews. Apparently some people think they're buying a liquid tritium suspension or something.
    First of all thanks for the support.
    The misconception precedes Glow-On, I've been able to track back the search for " tritium paint" to about 6 years ago in gun forums, but I'm sure it goes farther back..
    I think the term is being used colloquially for it's description value , just like calling a facial tissue Kleenex.
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow-On gun sights paint, luminescent gun sights, different colors available now

Glow-On gun sights paint, luminescent gun sights of different colors.

We suggest the front sight be painted with Glow-On Super Phosphorescent ( the original) and any other color on the rear sights.
    However this is a free country and the choice is yours,

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map
    Go with the glow

cj
    Wow. Fast delivery. Got the paint yesterday and got around to working on the rear sights today. Can't wait to see how they look both during the day, and after charging up a little at night.

Interestingly, I blasted the orange vial with some light and almost wrote you back to day that I'd gotten another green vial...then I pulled out my green and did a side-by-side comparison...for the first blast of light, the orange looks green, then as that initial blast super-brightness fades down, the color difference is more apparent.

Oh, and I gave the two vials a short burst with an LED flashlight before heading to bed around 10PM last night, and when I woke up at 6AM, they were both still glowing bright enough to reflect through my glass desk and off of the carpet protector...so 8 hours off of a brief charge, plus they look better than the original paint on my sights did.