Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice.

This is a discussion on Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice. within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Question: will it stick to my gun sights, everything I've tried comes off easily. Good question, here is the answer: Home Page | Products | ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glow-On glow in the dark gun sights, Q&A please post your questions, be nice.

Sponsor

Question: will it stick to my gun sights, everything I've tried comes off easily.

Good question, here is the answer:

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow-On gun sights paint. Glow in the dark gun sights. Will it glow all night long?

Question: Glow in the dark gun sights. Will it glow all night long?

Answer: Yes it will, a few users might contradict this statement. But somehow things have a way to prove themselves, just spill some Glow-On on your pajamas and you'll find out soon enough if it does glow all night long. It does .
    Not only that, you are bound to find out that no mater how many times you wash your pajamas, the glow does not diminish with use.

Of course the glow has a cycle, it starts very bright, it will almost illuminate your whole room. Then fades slowly, all, night, long.

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Gun sights paint:Can you include a small brush in the future?

The applicator included in the package is a bit thick, I used a small brush I had laying around, can you include a small brush in the future?
    Thanks for the question.

Small brushes seem useful when you start, but they tend to accumulate the solids inside the bristle and it becomes difficult to have a thin tip to work your gun sights.
    There is an easy and quick solution. All we need is a pair of scissors to cut the tip at an angle, like on the sequence that follows:

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Gun sight paint: How much do I need for this project?

How do I know how much to order im thinking about applying to the window and door locks in my car as they do not light up
    Glow-On might not work for your project.
    There is usually enough illumination around vehicles to operate door locks and such.
    Glow-On is more of a solution for very, very dark places like your bedroom in the middle of the night, etc. TV remotes, alarms, light switches etc. are good candidates.

If you still would like to try, I'd recommend you apply it where it's visible but it won't come into contact with your fingers.
    The paint feels dry to the touch, but it will take at least 24 hours for it to harden enough so it wont be accidentally removed.

PM me and I'll send you a sample so you can see how it works, first hand experience is best. Your project is a "maybe it'll work" thing so I cannot in honesty charge you and guarantee it. If it is fishing lures, gun sights, or if you plan to use the self adhesive form on switches, alarms, remotes, etc. I guarantee you you'll be pleased with the results.

Glow-On is a great product but it is not miraculous. It might not work for every project.

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Gun sights paint: Do you apply it over the stock white paint on the sight?

Do you apply it over the stock white paint on the sight, or do your remove the white paint on the sight first? Thanks
    If the white paint is in good shape just apply a bead over it, just wipe it off with a paper towel and alcohol.
    You could remove the paint, if you wish. It's just a n extra step.
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow-On luminescent gun sights; whats the price point?

This product seems very intriguing...whats the price point

Starts at
    Option 1: One small 2.3ml vial, one instruction sheet and one applicator individually packed. US $9.89 + S&H

Go with the glow

how does it look in the daytime?
    Ruger Redhawk .44 4"
    S&W 686 .357 2.5"
    S&W 649 .357 2.5"
    XDm .45 3.8"

Sponsor

Glow-On gun sights luminecent paint: How does it look in the daytime?

Quote Originally Posted by Knute View Post
    how does it look in the daytime?
    This should help. This are the most abused gun sights we have to exemplify the benefits of Glow-O Super Phosphorescent.
    It basically works on any weapon sights.

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow-On: "A must have for gun owners"

Do you take a us postal money as payment if so send let me know were to send it thanks
    Yes, please calculate the price plus the shipping cost using our purchase page here .
    Choose the product you are interested in.
    click on the "add to cart" button and you'll be taken to the PayPal shopping cart.
    Enter your zip code and click "calculate"
    Now you know the total of the purchase.
    At the bottom of this page there is a PO Box address where to send your money order.

Now, this is especially true for gun owners whom like us, have a collection of firearms:
    Glow-On is a must have for gun owners. If you have a number of firearms, chances are you'll find it helpful for things like a nocturnal varmint inventory liquidation program or such.
    Which, I'll say it, is hopefully the most action our firearms will see besides the gun range.

Go with the glow

Distinguished Member
    I have a question. I bought this and it doesn't seem to stay glowing for very long for me. I'm wondering if I applied it properly or not (most likely not). I had put a drop into my sights and then after it was dry I applied some more to build it up. I can hold a flashlight on it for 1 minute and go to bed but by the time I wake up 6 hours later - absolutely nothing. So, also can one get it off to reapply if I really did do it wrong. If so, how?
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rat
    DANG, kind of expensive stuff!!!!!!!!!!
    Respectfully and generally speaking, things are expensive if one doesn't have them when one needs them.
    In other words, things that cannot be bought with money are expensive.

However I throw this over the table for consideration:

Considering one small vial will service more than two dozen guns, and, this is a conservative calculation.

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow in the dark gun sights paint question

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I have a question. I bought this and it doesn't seem to stay glowing for very long for me. I'm wondering if I applied it properly or not (most likely not). I had put a drop into my sights and then after it was dry I applied some more to build it up. I can hold a flashlight on it for 1 minute and go to bed but by the time I wake up 6 hours later - absolutely nothing. So, also can one get it off to reapply if I really did do it wrong. If so, how?

A bit of troubleshooting:
    -The paint was mixed well before I used it, the solids tend to go to the bottom.
    -Is the application thick enough? The dot on the cap of the vial is a good comparative point.
    - To remove the paint, the easiest way is to pry it off with a plastic tool, fork, utensil, etc (not metal as it will scratch the finish on your firearm).
    If the paint has been for a few months and it's very hard, use a cotton swab and a bit of nail varnish remover, touch the paint a couple of times. This will soften it and then rub it off. do this carefully, acetone will affect the finish on plastic pieces/parts of your gun and/or some finish. True blued finish will not be affected.

From our website:
    For how long will it glow after full exposure?

Full charge can be achieved in a few seconds under a small LED flashlight.
    Under daylight, this happens almost instantaneously.
    Under daylight, Glow-On constantly emits and reflects light, making the transition from illuminated to dark areas very smooth.

The afterglow duration time is 1200 minutes until decay is complete (as tested at the laboratory).
    This means the phosphorescent activity ends completely at that time. To the human eye it is perceptible 5-7 hours, depending on individual sensitivity.

The initial glow is very bright, brighter than tritium, and it starts to decay slowly for hours. If you have good night vision (natural human eye adaptation to the dark) the glow will be clearly perceived by you all night long, even if it is faint.
    A couple of seconds under a led flashlight will revive the glow to its fullest.
    This cycle can be repeated millions of times during the life of the product which is about ten years.

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Site Map

Go with the glow

Sponsor

A question for Glow-On

I saw a kit with strips and squares is that still available? And If so in blue too?

The small strips and squares were phased out by he self adhesive sheets we are shipping with some our products.

So now one gets a bit more than before at the same price.
    We are constantly trying o improve our products looking for better materials and as a consequence our paint is 20% brighter than it was originally.

And If so in blue too?

We are producing blue paint at the present, the blue glow sheet is in the plans

Before:

After:
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

How heat resistant is the original glow-on?

How heat resistant is the original glow-on?

I was thinking of putting some around the base of the headlight bulbs in my car so that once I turn the headlights off they will glow.

Will Glow-on hold up under this type of heat or will it burn or smoke?

Thanks for such interesting question. In fact we've tried something similar with small LED lamps.
    Glow-On Original will stand the temperatures of the sights mounted over a hot barrel.
    I think, however, that the temps on a headlights lamp will be too high if the paint is too close.
    I any case a bit further away from the lam should work and it will create a real cool effect.
    Here are a few photos to illustrate the effect on a small LED lamp:

A small tutorial is in order, I'll oblige later today
    Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com

eBay
    Go with the glow

Ex Member
    Is this an infomercial?
    Kennydale likes this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast