How to apply the Glow-On gun sights paint. A few pointers

This is a discussion on How to apply the Glow-On gun sights paint. A few pointers within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Haven't used my glow on for a while and now when I go to use it I see that it has hardened quite a bit ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to apply the Glow-On gun sights paint. A few pointers

Sponsor

Luminous gun sights paint for a backyard scan.

Haven't used my glow on for a while and now when I go to use it I see that
    it has hardened quite a bit in the bottle. Can I loosen it up with some water or
    something else?

This happens as the water content in the small bottle evaporates and the mix seizes , which it's intended to do while it dries.
    This happens to any kind of paint over a period of time, specially if the jar, can, vial, is very small or if the amounts of paint are very small.

To solve this issue we just add a couple of drops of water and the mix will re-acquire the paint consistency, that is creamy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, yesterday we installed new security lights and cameras outside a friends house and we took some photos with a couple of sidearms. We were trying to simulate what our Glow-On enhanced gun sights would look while we scanned the area.

Of course in the presence of bright light Glow-On initial glow is not incredible. In any case, we were happily surprised to see our product performing very well while we walked for several minutes around the area.
    Needles to say, we exposed the gun sights to the small 6 LED pocket flashlights we all carry in our pockets. But, only for a period of about five seconds.

Go with the glow

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor

How to take care of your paint

I opened my vial of paint after just 6 months and it's almost dry. What can I do to fix this?
    Paint has the tendency to dry up in very small containers. The change in humidity, temperature and atmospheric pressure will dry your paint inside the small vial.
    To counteract this tendency:
    Add a few drops of water at a time and stir until it recovers its creamy texture. If it's completely dry, a new vial is in order.

How to take care of your paint:
    After every use, add some clean water on top of the paint left inside. Don't mix it at this point, just close the vial and sore it standing on its base .
    Next time you use it, spill the excess of water, stir again and you are ready to paint.

Done this way, your small vial will last for a long time.

Glow-on will not come off your clothes. Wash immediately with soap and water.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Do I really need to apply a transparent varnish on top of the sights? It looks good to me just like that, without it.

Glow-On has a bit of tooth after it dries. It becomes evident after a few days when the synthetic media shrinks around the glow particles which have different sizes.
    It feels a bit like sand paper.
    The transparent nail varnish adds a very smooth surface which will not hold dust, or gun powder particles. In fact all one has to do is to rub a paper towel over it and the sooth is gone.

Does it have to be nail polish stuff, can I find something better at the hardware store?
    There are options, nothing below the US30.00 mark is better than a good quality vial of nail polish ( US3.00-5.00 )

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

Go with the glow

Sponsor

One can make glow-dots with Glow-On Super Phosphorescent.

You made some 1/16" dots for a friend of mine. Is there a way I can purchase some larger dots at your website? I' having problems focusing on the small dots on my gun sights. Thanks
    You and me both, those 1/16" dots are tiny and trying to align them translates more often than not, in a few inches off mark at 15'.
    Let me be clear , we are not talking self defense here, self defense is as close as it gets, as scary as it gets, and the sights are for the most part superfluous.
    We are talking range shooting.

Now, the making of dots is time consuming, that's why the guys who sell the dots offer just a few for the same price of a small vial of Glow-On.

Here is the solution: We make the dots over our gun sights with Glow-On. A white field (white dots, white paint , etc.) will help as it reflects the glow.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Glow-On is an improvement.

Most everything in life can be customized.
    Most custom works are about improving over something already established.
    It's true one could just replace ones gun sights with tritium, a scope, a laser.
    But, what if one just can't?

Well, I'm here to tell you, it can be done with Glow-On.\

What if, at one point in time you need to align a shot and you need to improvise?
    What if Glow-On is already there for you? On your sights.

I'm not promising you are going to love it, (some do), or you are going to need it or use it every time.
    it is nonetheless, an improvement.

If it's not for you, no problem let me know and I'll reimburse your payment, no questions asked.

Thousands are already using it.
    If you'd like to have some, come and get it here.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

Go with the glow

Sponsor

Can you please explain to me briefly the basics of the application

Can you please explain to me briefly the basics of the application, I'm not very good at painting anything

Very briefly:
    -First clean the surface with the help of a paper towel and 95% alcohol.
    -Is very important stir the paint well with the stick.
    -Apply small dot or dabs with the same stick, let it dry and apply more. A brush is not going to help much.
    -If your sights already have white dots, paint over them.
    -Several layers might be necessary.
    -Glow-On can be applied over bare metal.
    -Apply a coat of transparent colorless nail varnish as a finishing touch. Done!

Please keep in mind.
    Glow-On was created to assist your primary tool.
    Nothing more and nothing less.

Glow-On will not come off clothes, so be careful.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

Go with the glow

Re: How to apply the Glow-On gun sights paint. A few pointers

Put some on my little Tomcat because it was so hard to see the sights, small & black against black before and after:
    uploadfromtaptalk1355270747898.jpguploadfromtaptalk1355270769765.jpg

Sorry, the flash went off on the after. Just wiped with alcohol, and couple of coats and clear nail polish on top.

Have shot it and cleaned it while gun oil. Stuff is holding up. I used a pointy toothpick.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Sponsor

Easy way to customize your gun sights.

The procedure is really simple.
    If you've watched our videos you've seen they're unedited. A streamlined process.
    The photos below try to explain without words.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay
    Go with the glow

Sponsor

Merry Christmas, free sample if you like

I am undecided about this product, would you please tell me how your product is different from other products on the internet.
    Most glow products which are not a novelty, are a "one product is good for everything" type. The mentality is:" since it looks great on my poster it would look good on my firearm"

There's the utilitarian clock and time piece paint, which is basically created with fine powder and designed for the delicate hands of a time piece, there's a difference between the delicate hands of a time piece and a firearm.

There's of course the products really dedicated for gun sights with more or less success and we tip our hats to their effort, we are the newcomers. (we test against them constantly)

And there is Glow-On, designed from the ground up for heavy work, gun sights and fishing lures, fire and water.
    We manufacture using the brightest glow available, using the best binders available, so Glow-On is alive, growing, improving over what's already there, constantly.
    It might not be the best solution, but it's the best amongst its class.

An important note.
    We manufacture the brightest glow in the dark film available, in the world? Possibly.

We want everyone watching this to check it out. : (US only please)
    If you would like for us to send you a small free sample, please send a self addressed and postage paid to:
    Glow-On
    PO Box 12328
    OK City OK
    73157-2328
    USA

Regular envelopes with the postage paid please, the self adhesive is on us, the postage is on you.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay
    Go with the glow

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Sending in my envelope the next chance i get!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123