The US constitution: Get your copy today!

This is a discussion on The US constitution: Get your copy today! within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Happy 4th of July everyone.] Our constitution is composed of three parts: -Preamble or purpose. -7 articles that describe the form and administration of government. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gatopardo
  • 3 Post By suntzu

Thread: The US constitution: Get your copy today!

Sponsor

Happy 4th of July everyone.]

Our constitution is composed of three parts:
    -Preamble or purpose.
    -7 articles that describe the form and administration of government.
    -27 Amendments describing every individual right as a mean to protect us from any "mishandling" of the stated 7 articles.

This is the manufacturers manual.
    All we need to function, all that is needed to start the flame again, should anyone try to adulterate it.
    Our country keeps forging itself everyday on these same ideas, but is a work in progress, with growing pains sometimes.
    It doesn't matter what life throws at it, the same ideas will shape it again, and again, and again.
    It's detractors, likely would like to turn the clock back to fit their agenda, (this always means money).
    If I have to choose I'd choose Liberty over money, always, because if I had to be a slave, I'd rather be slave to my own freedom with the implicit risks, rather than to be slave of money and it's masters, since only what's cheap can be afforded by it.

I'm just a man, ....Still, I'd like to invite everyone who doesn't have a copy, to download one here:
    http://www.usconstitution.net/const.pdf

Or, visit the constitution page here:
    Constitution of the United States - Official

Get the news from the source, don't hear it from anyone else
    dV8r likes this.
    Go with the glow

Thank you for the reminder. Everyone should re-read our Founding documents once each year, to ensure we keep in our minds the purpose and point of our citizenship and participation in the process.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    happy 4th an thank you also

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Thank you for the reminder. Everyone should re-read our Founding documents once each year, to ensure we keep in our minds the purpose and point of our citizenship and participation in the process.

I am pretty crystal clear on what the document means......I think those that are in elected postions should be required to not only read it once a year but take a test.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member
    I am an old guy I wonder if the kids today have to memorize the preamble and parts of the amendments? Reading the federalist papers was worth my time also.

Happy Birthday America. The actual date was the second of July not sure how the fourth won out.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Everyone should re-read our Founding documents once each year ...
    I am pretty crystal clear on what the document means...
    Yup. It's not as though the dang thing moves on us, from year to year. ("Living" document, my elbow.) If only the political hacks we hire would appreciate the simplicity of that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsor
    We should wonder why so many young people ignore the content of this document.
    It should be given freely to every student, every household, no exception.
    Please lets call our representatives to accommodate.
    It only takes one person to start that conversation.

When our children become young men and women ready to perform their duties to society and either go to war, pay taxes, show respect for elected representatives, accept an opinion, make allowances for the less fortunate (as freedom implies risks), welcome disagreement and invite participation from others.They shall know what is the purpose and what is at stake at a time when the "American dream" is taking the form of a conformity to earn a minimum wage and then, to give our money to people who doesn't need it! ( here I mean the super wealthy ), when the health and well being of every citizen is no longer the responsibility of the state, but either a liability or the source of income for lobbying industries.

The world around us is full of examples of countries with constitutions the size of phone books which change content just that often, without the relief of any justice for the common man.
    The pomp and fanfare we bring about our national symbols and the respect we show for the men and women who've served our country, should be as strong as our contempt for public servants elected or not, who sell our country to the highest bidder, while they leave some of us at the start line, empty pockets and without breath.

I'm going to take a nap now..............ZZZZZZZZ
    Go with the glow