This might never happen to you...

This is a discussion on This might never happen to you... within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Nationwide, 3.7 million household burglaries happen every year in the USA as average....in 28% of those home burglaries, there was a resident in that home ...

Thread: This might never happen to you...

Sponsor

This might never happen to you...

Nationwide, 3.7 million household burglaries happen every year in the USA as average....in 28% of those home burglaries, there was a resident in that home who experienced some type of violence.

It might never happen to us.
    But, if it does, every bit will help.....
    Make sure your firearm is accessible, train often and have a plan that includes your whole family.

And get Glow-On, it might help.

Go with the glow

2. Remove Ads

I don't have a clue why, but our burglary rates are much higher , in terms of ration per 100,000 people, than many areas. So, we're very conscious of that and take measures accordingly.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Our apartment was broken into and some jewelry stolen about 30 years ago when we first got married. We were not home at the time which is fortunate as it wouod have ended badly for one of us ( possibly myself or the thief). At 22 I was not as complacent as I am now and I am certain testosterone would have driven my actions rather than reason.

Klarus XT111....820 lumens. No glow on sights required....sunglasses optional.

Klarus XT11 820 lumen upgraded and comparatives - YouTube
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    It seems some crooks don't think anything about doing it during the day time either.

Sponsor

We still have old firearms that cannot be retrofitted with anything else.

Here in Oklahoma City it happens constantly, house or apartment.
    The apparent income of the victims doesn't seem to makes any difference either.
    The "large screen TV" factor seems to be a constant, followed by various electronics and power tools, etc.
    Pawn shops, which in bad economic times seem to sprawl, seem to be the destination point for most stolen goods.

By definition , larceny is the act of someone taking your property without permission. I think someone taking your kids bike from the front yard or your garden hose fits the description.
    It is a burglary when the action of braking and entering with an intent to commit a theft or felony takes place. Whether It may be your house, a shed, stable, or garage, your business, a school, a place of worship, your boat, aircraft, rail car, or motor vehicle. By the way, around here it becomes a grand larceny when the sum or value of the stolen good exceeds $500.00

When the crime of theft is done by by force or by threat of force, it becomes a robbery . In other words, larceny by force or by threat of force. This could happen whether you are inside a dwelling as described above or just walking down the street minding your business.

This introduction of this force or threat of force, by a robber, which is understood by the victim as a death threat, is what gives place to the "Castle doctrine" which entitles you to go as far as to use deadly force to protect yourself and/or your family or friends if such a threat should take place in your place of dwelling.
    It takes names like "stand your ground", "Line in the Sand" or "No Duty to Retreat" when it happens in any other environment other than your home, like your car, boat office, school, etc.

This info might need correction, is not complete by any means and is not intended to be formal instruction in any way, is just a brief compilation.

It might happen at night, it might happen in the dark. I just might happen, that's all
    As dreadful as it might be, the choice is clear, we all want to live one more day.

This is not fear mongering, we're just stating facts, it happens almost every day , sometimes too close for comfort.
    I don't like to watch the news, it's depressing to have in your mind a collection of bad things happening day after day.
    Still, we believe in keeping doors locked a barking dog in the backyard, emergency light outside our houses, clean and ready firearms just in case and of course some Glow-On on our sights, because we still have old firearms that cannot be retrofitted with anything else.

Go with the glow