What can Glow-On Super Phosphorescent gun sights paint do for your firearm?

This is a discussion on What can Glow-On Super Phosphorescent gun sights paint do for your firearm? within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Check it out! In just a few minutes! No gun smith fees......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What can Glow-On Super Phosphorescent gun sights paint do for your firearm?

Sponsor

Lightbulb What can Glow-On Super Phosphorescent gun sights paint do for your firearm?

Check it out! In just a few minutes!
    No gun smith fees...

Go with the glow

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    A different approach:
    Go with the glow

Sponsor
    With the help of a small utility knife you get the straight angles on the rear sights.

Let it dry for twenty minutes, when it feels dry to the toush you press gently and remove the excess.

If it doesn't look right,wipe the whole thing off and start again. No hard solvents are needed.
    Go with the glow

Sponsor
    It doesn't get easier than that.

Remember the paint will dry in a few hours but it has to cure for 2-3 day before you try to scratch it..For some reason some of us can't resist the temptation.

it will continue to harden with time and the glow gets better after some weeks.

Go with the glow

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    how often/how much does it need light to be charged? how long does it glow? if you CC all day would it still work?
    stylus likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    how often/how much does it need light to be charged? how long does it glow? if you CC all day would it still work?

If you ever had a watch with glow in the dark hands, ( not the tritium ones, the painted type) that's how it works.
    They need no maintenance at all and as long as they get a bit of light, they'll work for you.

If you keep your firearm locked, inside a drawer or safe, keep an LED lamp with it. A couple of seconds with an LED small lamp will suffice. it will make your sights glow very quick.

In any case the type of firearm, the ammo, sighting method etc. are pretty useless if the operator doesn't have the necessary training.

The photo below is a pretty good example, lets imagine this:
    The home owner already has ample advantage over any intruder, the inside of his home is on the clear, the rest of the family is already at their "Alamo", there are emergency lights, there are dogs on the prowl, a 911 call is in effect, the sights are "sauced' and one round is ready to go if any SOB with bad intentions shows his face.

The picture doesn't show it but the home owner is behind a patio wall for cover.
    (This is a fictitious scenario as example)

Go with the glow

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    i got the truglo TFO sights but I might put a dab of this on my tac light/laser switch.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    i got the truglo TFO sights but I might put a dab of this on my tac light/laser switch.
    Anything that gives you a tactical advantage is worth having, and more if you have a number of pieces in your collection like we all do around here, ha,ha,ha!

CommonCents likes this.
    Go with the glow

Sponsor
    Go with the glow

Sponsor
    For those of you who just joined the conversation, here are some macro photos so you can see the quality.
    This is not your grandpa's glow paint, no sire. It's all beef!

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    And here's what we have to offer:

Go with the glow

Sponsor
    In the dark it looks like this:

Go with the glow

I've used it on a couple of my pistols and really like the performance. There's more on your sights than on a small watch hand, thicker, too! A bright light shown on it for a few seconds is all it takes. I even applied it to my son's Air-Soft rifle and pistol. That looked great outside on a camping trip a couple of weekends ago for an Air-Soft weekend with his friends! If you try it, you'll like it!
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ugh762x39 View Post
    I've used it on a couple of my pistols and really like the performance. There's more on your sights than on a small watch hand, thicker, too! A bright light shown on it for a few seconds is all it takes. I even applied it to my son's Air-Soft rifle and pistol. That looked great outside on a camping trip a couple of weekends ago for an Air-Soft weekend with his friends! If you try it, you'll like it!
    You are going to like this, or your money back.
    Go with the glow

Sponsor
    When you charge your sights,back light is not a problem at all
    Go with the glow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast