Glow-On gun sights paint on a Colt New Agent. gutter type sight

This is a discussion on Glow-On gun sights paint on a Colt New Agent. gutter type sight within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Originally Posted by Burt I have some questions for you. My CCW is a Colt New Agent with the trough site. How would Glow-On work ...

Thread: Glow-On gun sights paint on a Colt New Agent. gutter type sight

Sponsor

Glow-On gun sights paint on a Colt New Agent. gutter type sight

Quote Originally Posted by Burt
    I have some questions for you. My CCW is a Colt New Agent with the trough site. How would Glow-On work in the trough as a sighting aid in low light conditions? How does it hold up under concealed carry conditions (i.e. exposed to sweat)? Do you know of anyone who has used it in this manner? If so, are they satisfied with it?

How would Glow-On work in the trough as a sighting aid in low light conditions? It glows
    How does it hold up under concealed carry conditions (i.e. exposed to sweat)? No problems so far.
    Do you know of anyone who has used it in this manner? concealed ye, we all do. This particular type of sight, only revolves, I have one.
    If so, are they satisfied with it? We have a sizable customer base, They seem pretty happy, multiple purchases over a period of time are not unusual.

Great question, so good it merits to open a new thread being this piece such a popular option on two accounts First, built on a 1911 platform so followed. Second sized properly for concealment without becoming a pocket pistol.

Once the paint dries and cures properly, a good transparent coat is necessary.
    If you like to scratch the paint to check if it's dry..., resist the temptation, while the paint dries in a couple of hours, it cures in 2-3 days.
    The gutter itself should protect the paint job, hi temps, sweat, oil etc shouldn't be a problem, providing the surface is clean before the application.
    The acrylic media is a strong glue, so strong, we use it as such instead of regular glue.

The paint is applied away from the hammer and pin to keep it clean.
    Our proposal for this firearm is the following:

Go with the glow

2. Remove Ads