1911 with custom Glow-On sights.

1911 with custom Glow-On sights.

This is a discussion on 1911 with custom Glow-On sights. within the Glow-On forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Here's a beautiful Springfield Armory 1911-A1 with iron sights. First thing, a safety check, just in case. \A small plastic clamp helps hold the piece ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1911 with custom Glow-On sights.

  1. #1
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455

    Lightbulb 1911 with custom Glow-On sights.

    Here's a beautiful Springfield Armory 1911-A1 with iron sights.


    First thing, a safety check, just in case.
    \A small plastic clamp helps hold the piece in position.



    Here's basically what your eyes see right before you apply the Glow-On.





    Go with the glow


  2. #2
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    Another view
    Go with the glow

  3. #3
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    Here's where the fun starts:





    Go with the glow

  4. #4
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    A quick test view a few minutes later with the new custom sights.



    Go with the glow

  5. #5
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    Here's the idea:


    For just a few bucks I can do the same to more than 20 firearms, all by myself.
    At home, my firearm and my friends firearms.


    In fact if I get $5.00 from my buddies, mine is free and i'll buy beer for everyone...
    Get it? Hope so.


    We like to do a lot with just a little. Nothing wrong with that.


    Go with the glow

  6. #6
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    Go with the glow

  7. #7
    VIP Member
    Array C hawk Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    W. Washington
    Posts
    3,552

    1911 with custom Glow-On sights.

    I don't care how cheap it is to do multiple firearms. Leave it in a drawer or dark safe overnight. Oh and what is so custom about a run of the mill Springer?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,423
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I don't care how cheap it is to do multiple firearms. Leave it in a drawer or dark safe overnight. Oh and what is so custom about a run of the mill Springer?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
    I believe that his title reads 1911 with Custom Glow On sights and not Custom 1911 with Glow On sights.

    Also the sponsor has never claimed that they were Tritium type sights and has always stated that they should be charged with a bright light for a few seconds after which the glow is useable for hours following that quick charge. He is an honest seller and has never misrepresented his product as being anything other than what it is.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member
    Array molleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    palm bay, florida
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I believe that his title reads 1911 with Custom Glow On sights and not Custom 1911 with Glow On sights.

    Also the sponsor has never claimed that they were Tritium type sights and has always stated that they should be charged with a bright light for a few seconds after which the glow is useable for hours following that quick charge. He is an honest seller and has never misrepresented his product as being anything other than what it is.
    Absolute truth here! I like the Glo-On and use it on almost all of my family's firearms. Try it and you'll see.
    NewportReds likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

  10. #10
    Member Array 1911_carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    37
    Looks good , heck of a lot easier to touch up ( recharge ) than tritium which also do wear down with time.
    NewportReds likes this.

  11. #11
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    At the end of the day, this is one way to improve over what one might have. The vast majority of firearms for sale today are fitted with standard white dots or bare iron sights. Some users might be OK with that, some might try an upgrade.





    NewportReds likes this.
    Go with the glow

  12. #12
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    Go with the glow

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member
    Array farsidefan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,571
    I have viewed this product with interest but have held off because I don't want to make a mistake and "get it wrong" (My small motor muscle control ain't what it used to be - trembling). How hard is it to apply? Does an applicator come with it? And if I screw it up how hard is it to remove if I do miss the target?
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

  14. #14
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    I have viewed this product with interest but have held off because I don't want to make a mistake and "get it wrong" (My small motor muscle control ain't what it used to be - trembling). How hard is it to apply? Does an applicator come with it? And if I screw it up how hard is it to remove if I do miss the target?

    Thanks for the question.
    I will post in about an hour. ( hope so..) the easiest tutorial i can come up with . I'll try to touch the points you mention.


    Go with the glow

  15. #15
    Sponsor
    Array gatopardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Medic
    How impervious Is the glow on paint to chemicals that one would use to clean a firearm?

    Acetone will soften the paint,in fact is one way to remove it, another way is to use the wooden handle of a thin brush and with a mighty push dislodge the small bit of paint.
    in the end is basically an acrylic plastic with bits of harder than steel sand.


    Oils will not harm it.


    An acid bath will destroy it obviously.
    Go with the glow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors