Defensive Carry banner

No Trespassing Signs

19K views 45 replies 42 participants last post by  goawayfarm 
#1 ·
I did a search for signs, saw nothing.
I realize a sign is not going to slow down any BGs but I thought you might know the answer anyway.
I am looking for some strongly worded signs to keep out the casual property line violators. I have a short dirt road that tourists and kids seem to find appealing and think that a sign with clout would trim back the transgressions.
The usual No Trespassing signs don't carry the force I want. I was hoping for something like "If You Proceed Beyond This Sign, Expect to be ______". I haven't decided upon the verb...maybe 'arrested', or 'threatened with bodily harm' if that is deemed free of liability.
I am trying to get the attention of religious groups, peddlers, the above mentioned curious people, census takers! and I think with the right verbage I will.
Where to buy? What else should they say? I like that one with a picture of a gun! Also the guard dog pic.

#37 ·
how bout:

NO TRESPASSING
IF I DIDN'T INVITE YOU, I'LL PROSECUTE
DO NOT ENTER

short, to the point, no threat of shooting, etc

#38 ·
[QUOTE
Wow, I've lived in Texas since I was 3 years old and I have NEVER heard of this. Learn something new each day. Somehow, I feel this should be better known....[/QUOTE]

It's in the Texas CHL handbook-section 30.05 of the Texas Penal Code.

#41 ·
ITS like you had esp
Just picked up daughter #1 from a highschool basketball game tonight @ 9:30, and I say to her,"I wonder whats going on down there"(our 21 acres dead ends ) with an oil pump access road, with our house at the south end and the road running N. into the woods.
We drive down there and three PU's are parked near the end(in the oil access area). Two guys start immediately heading our way, getting to my truck,as I exit and say "whats going on guys can I help you" the one shorter, shifty looking guy says, "just doin' a little **** hunting".
I say" Well this is private property, and if its all the same to you guys I'd prefer
you not tresspass, It is posted at the drive where you drove in".
Shifty says"been hunting here for 25 years",
and I said"well I've owned it for 17 years and no ones come and asked me permission to hunt"
I ask shifty were he lives and he says Port Huron, "another guy been huntin here too", and I repy " well he hasn't asked permission to hunt it either",
Shifty says "I'll have to round up my dogs, the're already loose", and I said "OK, thanks " and wrote down the three plate #'s as I turned around.
People crack me up.
I pay $2000 a year in property tax, and they think nothing of trespassing.
I'll probably get my house shot at a month or two down the line, which sucks,
Anyways, heres my sign, which is in addition to the standard "No trespassing " signs
;
;
ATTENTION:

Before proceeding fill out card stating where you want the body sent;
Otherwise it will be used for experimental purposes

Have you ever noticed how nothing is impossible for those who don't have to do it?

#42 ·
NO TRESPASSING

Trespassers will be shot
Survivors will be prostituted

Wait, did I spell that right? :smile:

Or

Violators will be shot
Survivors will be violated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.