Defensive Carry banner

How to mount a shotgun to bed frame?

28K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  larebel 
#1 ·
Friends...anyone have a suggestion how to mount a shotgun to a bed frame? I don't want to leave it under the bed as it will get banged around with the sweeper etc. I would like to come up with a way to mount my shotgun, holster, flashlight, and cell phone all close and not on the night stand which could get knocked over. Thanks for any ideas and even better would be any pics.

#3 ·
I was thinking Duct Tape, but that probably would not be a good idea.
:nono:

#5 ·
+1 :hand10:

#15 ·
I use rare earth magnets for my Glock works great on the top of the side. For the shotgun use a magnetic bar designed for tools . Mount it to the frame and the shotgun rides within easy reach while laying in bed.

#25 ·
That looks exactly like what I did about 10 years ago to our bed. We still use it. My wife has the Mossberg 590 on her side and I have my AR-15 on mine. Before we got the AR I had the AK on my side but the AR is just a better choice for home defense.

#22 ·
My wife wouldn't be too happy with me mounting those clamps to the bedroom furniture... I'll stick with the Back-Up, for now...

#26 ·
just helping generating ideas, what about the way lorenzo( from training day) had his shotgun under his bed? it was attached to some kinda of swivel so he can aim it the legs of an intruder at the door and then he disconnected it from the frame. i wonder what the recoil would do o his swivel thingy...

#27 ·
Home Backup rack . Shotgun is an old Mossberg 500A that was found in a field after a tornado here in Lafayette (2008). Stock was busted up, barrel twisted and some (not too many really) scratches. Springs were rusted out. Torn apart, cleaned up , New 18.5" barrel, Hogue overmold stock, LimbEaze pad, Trijicon front bead, a little cold bluing and all new springs. Old warrior is back on duty!

#32 ·
The Backup - very nice. We got one after seeing them here on this forum, and might get another one.

I also liked those plain hooks on the wood frame, but ours is just box spring so there is nothing to drill into. The Backup is good for this scenario - or if you want to move it and not install permanently.

I thought at first I would be bonking my shins into it all the time but it has worked out just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.