Two Suggested Additions For Home Security - Page 2

Two Suggested Additions For Home Security

This is a discussion on Two Suggested Additions For Home Security within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Will not consider it, period. If they are inside the house, armed or not we are not talking. I am shooting, they are being stopped ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Suggested Additions For Home Security

Will not consider it, period. If they are inside the house, armed or not we are not talking. I am shooting, they are being stopped permanently.

There are a number of things that can happen in the scenario you describe, the first being that you are getting within arm's length of a seemingly unarmed intruder. Go out on the internet and google "knife fight victims" and take a good look at what someone that knows how to use a knife can do to you, gun or not. You also have to assume that just because your intruder looks unarmed, it does not mean he is helpless. He may well know more about unarmed combat than you do. His goal, then is to get you close to him so he can disarm you.

So don't play the high road thing with these people, especially given how home invaders are treating their victims. If you pull that weapon, take care of business no exceptions.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I wonder what case law in KY says about giving chase to and apprehending someone who is attempting to retreat from a confrontation?
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

VIP Member
    I'm not getting anywhere near the perp, as in using zip strips to subdue and aprehend them. this is just plain dangerous.
    I used to be a lifeguard back in the day;
    When a drowning victim, is being rescued, guess who is in danger the most?
    The lifeguard, because the drowning victim, wants only to survive/breath/not drown, they will "use whatever means they have" to get them out of the water-YOU, the lifeguard; they will panick, and climb onto you, the person there to rescue them, not realizing that if you go under , they too will perish.
    Nope not me. I'm not getting near them, won't subject a family member to "tie" them up while I "cover them"

Have you ever noticed how nothing is impossible for those who don't have to do it?
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    There are too many things that can go wrong trying to restrain someone with flex cuffs. One you are going to have to put the gun down to tie him up, he can roll you over and beat the crap out of you or worse get the gun and shoot you. Just get him face down on the floor, and hold him at gun point until the cops show up. There is no since engaging a BG when you don't have to.

Wow, good luck is about all I can say. Even with a lot of training, cuffing can go seriously wrong, and I wouldn't try it if I had a alternative. I'm trained by the state and it can hurt big time when the scum doesn't want to be cuffed.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Never----------ever, ever, close with a subject you have taken at gunpoint. Lots of things can happen at close range, most are bad. Prone him out, and invite him to get up if he doesn't like that arrangement! Tell the 911 operator that you have an intruder at gunpoint. Give them a description of yourself and family members and standby on the phone for their instructions. If you decide to shoot the scumbag anyway, shout a warning or two for the 911 operator to hear before he hears the gunshots----LOL (I'm TOTALLY kidding about the last part kids!)
    str1

While an active LEO I had the opportunity to cuff many individuals, for one reason or another. I have seen it take several LEO's to cuff an individual who was intent on not being cuffed. I have also seen people bitten, scratched, etc., all of which were not pleasant.

Same here Hiram25. I've needed a couple more officer's help to cuff some women!!
    str1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links