Fake LEO invasions

This is a discussion on Fake LEO invasions within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; simple rule for eliminating fake LEO from entering your home- dont open the door , i wouldnt even open the door for real LEO, i ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake LEO invasions

simple rule for eliminating fake LEO from entering your home- dont open the door , i wouldnt even open the door for real LEO, i rather they arrest me outside my home not inside my home , If they need to arrest me bad enough they can break down my door otherwise they can camp out in front of my house for weeks and wait for me to come out..

nbr 1 rule = dont talk to police!
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmPro View Post
    nbr 1 rule = dont talk to police!
    This is the unfortunate truth.

I was hoping this thread would get more input from LEO, to help with the problem, so there wouldn't be a disconnect between the civilian and them in these situations. This is a dangerous trend that needs to be stopped from both sides.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post

I was hoping this thread would get more input from LEO, to help with the problem, so there wouldn't be a disconnect between the civilian and them in these situations. This is a dangerous trend that needs to be stopped from both sides.
    I was hoping for the same. Legitimate input from LEO would be very helpful.

I guess I'm about the same as most of us here -- late night knocking/busting my door requires maximum defense.

Unfortunately most LEOs don't want this type of power taken away no matter how many innocent people are wrongly attacked. This is obvious by all the excuses after a wrong address.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Dude...in my little world...clowns get shot first.
    Oh yeah, me too. The "king" on the BK commercials is going to get whacked if he ever shows up around me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

First of all, since this is a forum with names and no faces we have no idea what your true lifestyle is really like.

However, if you are truly a genuine law abiding citizen who never so much as gets a speeding ticket or "rolling stop sign ticket" in your daily lives, have no idea what a traffic stop is like because you've never been pulled over before type of citizen, then you are highly unlikely to be a target of LEO's.

Likewise, if you have no children who are in the drug scene and are honor role students who have never given you any problems, then again, you are unlikely going to be a target of LEO's.

That leaves the possibility of them getting your house by mistake. So, who are your neighbors? You have dirtbags living next door? People you know who have had run in's with the law? Neighbors or people on your block who you suspect deal, or use drugs or manufacture meth? If the answer is NO, then you are probably unlikely to have real LEO's kick in your door even by accident.

Therefore, by probability, if some group of heavily armed people all of a sudden start trying to kick in your door yelling "Police-Search Warrant" then you may be pretty safe to believe you are victim of a "Fake LEO Home Invasion Squad."

If you have neighbors on your block or directly on either side of you or across the street, who you know are problem people, then you may want to use an increased level of caution before you engage the folks who claim to be LEO's coming in... Because there is a chance, they may have gotten your house by mistake.

Bear in mind, if they are the real police and you start shooting, it will likely be your last stand on earth... Because they won't flee... they will kill you... and it really won't matter anymore whether they were at the wrong house or not. Right?

So, if you open fire, and find yourself still alive in the aftermath and no more "police" in your house.... Then it was probably a Fake LEO Home Invasion Squad and you're likely to get a medal for surviving.

JMHO... YMMV
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    That leaves the possibility of them getting your house by mistake. So, who are your neighbors? You have dirtbags living next door? People you know who have had run in's with the law? Neighbors or people on your block who you suspect deal, or use drugs or manufacture meth? If the answer is NO, then you are probably unlikely to have real LEO's kick in your door even by accident.

Therefore, by probability, if some group of heavily armed people all of a sudden start trying to kick in your door yelling "Police-Search Warrant" then you may be pretty safe to believe you are victim of a "Fake LEO Home Invasion Squad."

If you have neighbors on your block or directly on either side of you or across the street, who you know are problem people, then you may want to use an increased level of caution before you engage the folks who claim to be LEO's coming in... Because there is a chance, they may have gotten your house by mistake.
    JMHO... YMMV
    I've heard plenty of horror stories about no-knock warrants going horribly wrong because lazy cops didn't do basic leg work to follow up on bogus leads from drug informants. I think it's rarer now, thanks to massive lawsuits, but it can still happen.

Home invaders pretending to be cops, Or Cops at the wrong address. I think you would have a bettor chance with home invaders. Sometimes the police can get an address wrong. If a team of police bust your door in and you have a gun in hand you will not survive. This is in stone. Don't kid yourself on this one. At least with a home invader or 3 or 4 you at least have a chance.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edclacro View Post
    Home invaders pretending to be cops, Or Cops at the wrong address. I think you would have a bettor chance with home invaders. Sometimes the police can get an address wrong. If a team of police bust your door in and you have a gun in hand you will not survive. This is in stone. Don't kid yourself on this one. At least with a home invader or 3 or 4 you at least have a chance.
    That about sums it up folks.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Most LEOs, sensing the hostility in other posters comments, probably don't want to engage in a fruitless discussion. The thread is probably perceived by them as being essentially a well concealed anti-police thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    Most LEOs, sensing the hostility in other posters comments, probably don't want to engage in a fruitless discussion. The thread is probably perceived by them as being essentially a well concealed anti-police thread.
    I would hope it isnt perceived this way. I was really interested in hearing an answer of do's and dont's when you have unexpected or unwarranted LEO's at your door. They dont have to defend the mistakes of others, just perhaps share some lessons learned.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    Yes, to a degree. It does get tiring when people ask for an LEO's advice and experience only to be argued with by people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkrazy View Post
    I would hope it isnt perceived this way. I was really interested in hearing an answer of do's and dont's when you have unexpected or unwarranted LEO's at your door. They dont have to defend the mistakes of others, just perhaps share some lessons learned.
    I can answer about any specific question you might have. I've been a LEO approaching my second decade of service. I've done hundreds if not thousands of search warrants. From the pre-investigation, the investigation, actually writing the warrant, getting it approved and signed by loan duty judges or a panel of judges. I've been the undercover inside the target house and get "arrested" by the SWAT team and I've been point man on the entry team. I've been the operation OIC sitting back from afar watching an operation unfold.

I've also been a uniformed officer looking for addresses knocking on doors for whatever reason at 0 dark thirty with unsuspecting homeowners answering the door.

The biggest thing you can do is alleviate the annoyance of not having your address clearly marked. This doesn't matter much for a search warrant, but it does matter for day to day stuff. Tiny letters above your garage door or on your porch is not clearly marked. The address marked on your mailbox when there is a bank of mailboxes or it is across the street is not clearly marked. Sounds simple, but it could save your life... or at least save you a headache.

Second, if their is an LEO knocking on your door, they should have a uniformed officer with them. Take the time to learn and know your local LEO's uniforms.

If in doubt, there is no harm in calling to see if the LEO is legit or not.

A real LEO will have both a badge and ID card. If both are not there, its a no go.

I'm not sure why "No knock" warrants even entered this conversation, but if one is properly done at your location, don't worry. It will be largely over before you know it. It will be obvious that it is real LEO, and there will be lots of them, not just a few goofs.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The biggest thing you can do is alleviate the annoyance of not having your address clearly marked. This doesn't matter much for a search warrant, but it does matter for day to day stuff. Tiny letters above your garage door or on your porch is not clearly marked. The address marked on your mailbox when there is a bank of mailboxes or it is across the street is not clearly marked. Sounds simple, but it could save your life... or at least save you a headache.
    WOW please tell me you really didn't just justify a LEO making a mistake that could result in injuring or killing an unsuspecting innocent victim based on if they marked their mailbox? LEOs should be held accountable for their actions to a higher standard since they are supposed to know the laws IMO.

I have been on lots of ride alongs over the years but have never seen any innocent people victimized by LEOs like I have read lately. Being a LEO used to mean protect & serve not victimize & cover-up.

If I misunderstood your comment I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm not sure why "No knock" warrants even entered this conversation, but if one is properly done at your location, don't worry. It will be largely over before you know it. It will be obvious that it is real LEO, and there will be lots of them, not just a few goofs.
    I brought up no knock warrants because in my opinion they provide the background tactic for those who would pose as fake LEO. If the people weren't seeing such police tactics on television, they wouldn't have to wonder whether those breaking into their house at 3am are criminals or not. If there were no such thing as a no knock warrant then this thread of discussion wouldn't even be happening.

On the subject of whether one should engage in conversation with the LEO: YouTube - Dont Talk to Police

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post

If I misunderstood your comment I apologize.
    Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by lifehertz View Post
    I brought up no knock warrants because in my opinion they provide the background tactic for those who would pose as fake LEO. If the people weren't seeing such police tactics on television, they wouldn't have to wonder whether those breaking into their house at 3am are criminals or not. If there were no such thing as a no knock warrant then this thread of discussion wouldn't even be happening.

On the subject of whether one should engage in conversation with the LEO: YouTube - Dont Talk to Police
    Wolves have been masquerading as sheep since the beginning of time. No knocks have very little to do with the home invasion robbery. Its simply a method of entry or diversion. Once that is understood, I think people will have a much better idea how to protect and prevent such things happening to them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links