Bad Guys are getting BADDER

This is a discussion on Bad Guys are getting BADDER within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hell they should allow Gun owners to set up Claymore mines and rig it to the door and rig the burglar alarm to the Claymores, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Guys are getting BADDER

Hell they should allow Gun owners to set up Claymore mines and rig it to the door and rig the burglar alarm to the Claymores, problem solved
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

2. Remove Ads

The area where I lived had moderate vehicle traffic and almost zero foot traffic. Thus, if I saw someone walking up to my house, they are already suspect (I know who my neighbors are); especially since I have "No solicitors" and "No Trespassing" signs posted on my fence....my first line of defense

Second line of defense is the 75lbs Lab

Third line of defense are the front and back doors.

I am the last line of defense. Three strikes...and they are out.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I'm from south Florida. Sadly this is the norm not the exception down here.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    ^^Amen ^^^^ Criminals and Terrorist give up their rights as people and should be treated as they treat their victims. This crap about the 9/11 terrorist getting a "fair trial with a lawyer" is the most UNAMERICAN thing ever. They attack us on grounds of war and they get a fair trial??? how the crap does that make sense... Pull your head out of your A$$ U.S. Attorney General.... We live in America Not FRANCE!
    Actually, its completely American to give them a fair trial. Our country was founded on a system of laws that are (in theory anyway) supposed to apply to everyone. While the terrorist in this case might not deserve a fair trial in a moral sense, he will still get one in this country. That is how its supposed to be.

I have no problem with the use of deadly force in self defense, etc., but once someone is in custody then they are subject to the same protections and penalties as anyone else. That is how it should be.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    Actually, its completely American to give them a fair trial. Our country was founded on a system of laws that are (in theory anyway) supposed to apply to everyone. While the terrorist in this case might not deserve a fair trial in a moral sense, he will still get one in this country. That is how its supposed to be.

I have no problem with the use of deadly force in self defense, etc., but once someone is in custody then they are subject to the same protections and penalties as anyone else. That is how it should be.
    My emotions on this issue do not want me to go along with this, but what you say is true, to a point. I think maybe the system should be tweaked a bit, allowing the family members of the victims to have more say in the method of punishiment, with the option of turning them over to the family after a fair trial when they are convicted. But better yet, they are stopped in the commision of their crimes and dispatched like mangy dogs by their intended victims saving a drain on tax payers to keep their sorry$%% alive and fed.

Are there more? Seems to be. There seems to be a element of our society that feels entitled to whatever or whoever they want. Sociopaths of the first degree.
    Is it because they were abused as kids? Is it because mommy didn't love them enough? No daddy in the home? Is it the drug culture? Is it because government supported their grandparents....their parents....and now them giving them the sense of entitlement?
    I don't give a big fat rat's a$$. They are animals that need to be permanently eliminated from our society.
    Let the "bleeding hearts" who study such things have at it, but I will defend myself, my family and my home with lethal force. I refuse to fear them, but they better fear me if they have a go at me or mine.

This is not false "bravo", it is instead the mind set I feel is necessary in today's world. I have seen many dead people in my career...I have no problem adding to that count if a person is a threat to me and my family.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

More and more , it's all about not leaving witnesses.... or doing it to get a 'rep'.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Joy of killing, pure and simple.

And you'll never know for certain whether you've got a human or a predator.

Better to assume predator. To assume otherwise is madness.
    ^^^^NUFF SAID!!^^^^^^^Can't add to^^^that^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    You have to meet force with force in today's world. I'll be dead before I see my wife raped or beaten, and I'll take a few of them with me as I go.

If they catch these guys, they ought to burn them at the stake. I've about had it with the humaine treatment of the BG's, they should get just what they give out.
    ^^^^ I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of this crap^^^^^^
    ^^^^^I'm Definitely^^^in THIS^^^^Camp!!!^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Evil is not overcome by submitting to it.
    It is only overcome by figthing it.
    ^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^
    Now give me the # of the lawyer in Michigan who can get this through the thick skulls of these liberal, moronic judges and panty-waist jurors, in case I need to defend against said evil

*"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to
    pick up a turd by the clean end**.**" Author Unknown
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmPro View Post
    Hell they should allow Gun owners to set up Claymore mines and rig it to the door and rig the burglar alarm to the Claymores, problem solved
    ^^^^^^^^^^THE problem with that is once someone breaks in/trespasses, etc,,etc,, You become a murderer. of the Premeditated kind^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And they wonder why handguns are selling like hotcakes. I made up my mind after the hurricanes that I needed more HD than what I had. Desperate times create desperate people.
    The ruthlessness of the criminals these days is truely frightening.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I don't think they are getting "badder," see the Clutter murders of 1959 and any number of murders before and since... They may be becoming more prevalent, though.

In any case, sharia law and mob vengeance isn't the answer. Stiffer penalties for extremely violent felons, yes. Victim remuneration, yes. Proactive "victims" stopping the BGs in their tracks - permanently - a big resounding yes. But to revert to the days of barbarism because some among us are barbarians simply means that everyone becomes barbaric...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I don't think they are getting "badder," see the Clutter murders of 1959 and any number of murders before and since... They may be becoming more prevalent, though.

In any case, sharia law and mob vengeance isn't the answer. Stiffer penalties for extremely violent felons, yes. Victim remuneration, yes. Proactive "victims" stopping the BGs in their tracks - permanently - a big resounding yes. But to revert to the days of barbarism because some among us are barbarians simply means that everyone becomes barbaric...
    While not a fan or advocate of vigilante justice, there are instances where it is understandable. There has been a rash of home invasions around here lately. A few are leaving the entire family dead. I can see how if a father or husband survived but had been unable to protect his family would see the need to send the animals that did that to hell personally. Even if he had to follow them into prison to do it.

I recall an instance years back charles campbell released from prison retaliated against Renae Wicklund who testified against him for the rape he was imprisoned for. The father came home to find his wife Renae Wicklund thier eight-year old daughter Shannah, and her neighbor Barbara Hendrickson hacked to pieces butchered by charles campbell. Though campbell was convicted and executed I felt at the time justice would have been better served if the father had been allowed to perform the execution in a manner he saw fit.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Hearing about stuff like this has gotten me thinking. Isn't it more likely that bad guys will break into a home when everyone is asleep?
    If this was the case, wouldn't it be advantageous to have your pistol on your person already (i'm thinking a level 2 or 3 retension holster) instead of on a night stand or in a safe?

For example, if you were to be awaken in the night to find 2 bad guys in your room already. You probably would not be able to reach over on your night stand to retrieve your pistol. However you could easily feign compliance while drawing your pistol stealtily and finding an opportunity to shoot. I remember reading once that most BG's expect compliance from their victims so you definately would have the advantage in surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    ^^Amen ^^^^ Criminals... give up their rights as people
    No, they absolutely do not. They do not lose their rights until they have been convicted by a jury of their peers.

Vigilante justice is one of the surest roads to anarchy there is.

IMO the most negative aspect of this forum is the wannabe badass mall ninja posturing that some posters engage in.

I carry a gun to defend myself period .

Quote Originally Posted by happydude View Post
    Hearing about stuff like this has gotten me thinking. Isn't it more likely that bad guys will break into a home when everyone is asleep?
    If this was the case, wouldn't it be advantageous to have your pistol on your person already (i'm thinking a level 2 or 3 retension holster) instead of on a night stand or in a safe?

For example, if you were to be awaken in the night to find 2 bad guys in your room already. You probably would not be able to reach over on your night stand to retrieve your pistol. However you could easily feign compliance while drawing your pistol stealtily and finding an opportunity to shoot. I remember reading once that most BG's expect compliance from their victims so you definately would have the advantage in surprise.
    If you can sleep wearing a duty belt with a retention holster attached to it, more power to you. I think I'll stick with my current system of the gun within reach but not attached to my body while sleeping.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links