Bad Guys are getting BADDER

This is a discussion on Bad Guys are getting BADDER within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tried to burn them alive.... PLANTATION, Fla. (WSVN) -- Detectives are investigating a deadly home invasion at a South Florida home. "I saw a lot ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Guys are getting BADDER

Bad Guys are getting BADDER

Tried to burn them alive....

PLANTATION, Fla. (WSVN) -- Detectives are investigating a deadly home invasion at a South Florida home.

"I saw a lot of lights flashing and I immediately said, something's going on here," said Byron Adino, who lives nearby.

Police said around 12:34 Tuesday morning, an intruder stormed into the home along Northwest Sixth Court and 75th Terrace and tied up and robbed the couple inside. "I heard some shots," said Adino.
    Neighbors said even though the husband cooperated with the intruder and handed over valuables, he was shot dead. "Why did they kill him? She said they gave them everything that they have. So, why did he kill him," said Adino, baffled.

The 46-year-old man was a professor at Nova Southeastern University. The couple's five-year-old child was sleeping in another room when the incident occurred.

Investigators said the robbers then set the home on fire, before fleeing the scene. A gas can was recovered outside the front of the home. When fire fighters arrived on scene to extinguish the blaze, they discovered the victims inside the home. "We did, upon searching the house, find a victim who was deceased on the back patio," said Plantation Fire Battalion Chief Joel Gordon, "and there was also a woman and a small child who both escaped without injury."

Like other residents, Adino is concerned about his safety. "I'm in shock, because I'm right across the street. I'm wondering am I going to be next or what," he said.

There is no word yet on whether this was a targeted incident.

Nova Southeastern professor killed: Florida Fire Marshal joins investigation after professor shot dead, fire set in Plantation home invasion - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Nova professor dead in apparent Plantation home invasion - Broward Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

WSVN-TV - Man shot and killed in home invasion

THIS IS A GOOD REASON EVERYONE IN A FAMILY should know how to use a firearm and be armed to the teeth!!

2. Remove Ads

Not the first time either.

See the Petit family ordeal from iirc 2008....They lived in a little town in CT that had the lowest crime rating rank in the US.

Husband beaten to within an inch of his life even as he was completely compliant.
    Wife raped, shot and killed.
    Teen daughter raped, shot and killed.
    House set alight from inside and family left to die and be burned up within the fire.

The old give'em what they want what more could they ask for thought no longer applys in this modern and very real world.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

"So, why did he kill him," said Adino, baffled.
    Joy of killing, pure and simple.

And you'll never know for certain whether you've got a human or a predator.

Better to assume predator. To assume otherwise is madness.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    If I knew for sure that giving a BG everything I have would make him leave with no harm, I probably would. Insurrance is a great thing...

But as this and so many other stories clearly show, you can never be sure they won't kill you after they get everything else.

So for me it is a no brainer. Risk doing nothing and getting killed and then they move on to my family or at least leave them without a father/husband, or do everything in my power to resist. No question.

It's sad that these stories are so common now.
    Walk softly ...

You have to meet force with force in today's world. I'll be dead before I see my wife raped or beaten, and I'll take a few of them with me as I go.

If they catch these guys, they ought to burn them at the stake. I've about had it with the humaine treatment of the BG's, they should get just what they give out.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    You have to meet force with force in today's world. I'll be dead before I see my wife raped or beaten, and I'll take a few of them with me as I go.

If they catch these guys, they ought to burn them at the stake. I've about had it with the humaine treatment of the BG's, they should get just what they give out.
    ^^Amen ^^^^ Criminals and Terrorist give up their rights as people and should be treated as they treat their victims. This crap about the 9/11 terrorist getting a "fair trial with a lawyer" is the most UNAMERICAN thing ever. They attack us on grounds of war and they get a fair trial??? how the crap does that make sense... Pull your head out of your A$$ U.S. Attorney General.... We live in America Not FRANCE!
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hiram25 View Post
    you have to meet force with force in today's world. I'll be dead before i see my wife raped or beaten, and i'll take a few of them with me as i go.

If they catch these guys, they ought to burn them at the stake. I've about had it with the humaine treatment of the bg's, they should get just what they give out.
    NRA Life Member
    Indiana Lifetime permit holder
    USCCA member

Distinguished Member
    Based on firearms sales and permit applications, aren't the good guys getting gooder at the same rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    See the Petit family ordeal from iirc 2008....They lived in a little town in CT that had the lowest crime rating rank in the US.

Husband beaten to within an inch of his life even as he was completely compliant.
    Wife raped, shot and killed.
    Teen daughter raped, shot and killed.
    House set alight from inside and family left to die and be burned up within the fire.
    - I live in CT and it still is a shocking story. The family wasn't shot however. The mother was strangled and the couple's two daughters died due to smoke inhalation after their house was set on fire.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/13760965/detail.html

Senior Moderator
    Evil is not overcome by submitting to it.
    It is only overcome by figthing it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

I'm also sick and tired of it, it's a sick world and sometimes you've got to meet the sickness with a equal amount of the same. What? Catch them, put them in prison, out in 10 for good behavior or due to economic conditions possibly 8. It's not working, sorry.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Evil is not overcome by submitting to it.
    It is only overcome by fighting it.
    This is a core truth, having the willingness and equipment to fight back with is very important.

Even a lock blade folder or kitchen steak knife is better than nothing, but a good hand gun or shotgun is much better.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Angry

Burning them at the stake would be far too quick and not nearly painful enough for people like these. In old England they had a form or execution known as being hanged, drawn, and quartered. Might seem barbaric to some, but these people are worse than barbaric.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    If I knew for sure that giving a BG everything I have would make him leave with no harm, I probably would.

“If I knew for sure....” I'd still kill him the first chance I had, it has NOTHING to do with insurance.

As I have said before I have had 2 buddies murdered, both by people who hadn’t hurt anyone in previous crimes, I just figure I’m saving someone down the road. Come in my house, I will kill you! No warnings, no second chances.

Can’t help but wonder how all his fellow ‘give them what they want; don’t escalate the violence; the poor guy is just a victim of society’ panty waisted limp wristed fellow professors feel about their passive defenselessness now.

Senior Moderator
    I will not trust someone who has already broken the conventions of society by robbing me and my family.

I will also willingly give all that I am, all that I have and all that I will ever be in defense of my family and those that I love.

If that means my life so be it, if that means someone else’s life, so be it. Do I want to use violence to protect my loved ones? No. Will I use violence to protect my loves ones; I will use as much violence as I can possibly bring to bear.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links