I think my house and or wife has been targeted.

This is a discussion on I think my house and or wife has been targeted. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Glad to hear the good news. Keep your guard up....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I think my house and or wife has been targeted.

Glad to hear the good news. Keep your guard up.
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

2. Remove Ads

It is a coin toss. Might simply be left over evidence from the first situation. Does not matter, you have to assume the greater threat, you are being cased.

In addition to the other suggestions, you might want to consider fake cameras. Friend (former customer) in addition to a number of other precautions after a SD situation (theft focused but involved physical assault) put fake cameras up (high up) and a sign / sticker on the doors that said, "Smile for the camera."
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

The iPhone police scanner app is called "5-0 Radio".
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Thanks to everyone for the advise, concern and well wishes. Great bunch of people on this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Does not matter, you have to assume the greater threat, you are being cased.."
    I agree 100%, for many years I have had a "high index of suspicion." I almost always automatically think worse case scenario. Most of the time I end up pleasantly surprised. Which is much better than being caught with unprepared saying hmmm didn't see THAT coming.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Personally, I'd set up flood lights on every inch of your property. That'll illuminate any creeps that are out there.

Stay armed both of you stay aleart & stay alive

My family is in a similar situation, we are trying to move. The stress has caused an entire lifestyle change. We always leave someone home now. No more going out to dinner all together. kids are now home schooled which is good in a few ways. When we do move they'll go back to public school probably.One huge advantage is that we have ID'd our stalker/burglar. It is actually a whole criminal family. All with records of theft/burglary. The main offender would routinely drive past my home if I drove by his on way to work. We live on a rural back rd. with only two other permanent residents.Problem is they check on us maybe once a week and they have slowed down but keep coming. Also good friends with a trash neighbor behind us. Who see us coming and going to work, ect. The police are aware. There was a harassment element to this that one officer suggested may have been just attempts to see if our alarm system was active. I've informed our other neighbors and asked to please keep an eye out. One an old Viet Nam vet told me he saw this person watching our house from the rd behind us numerous times. So we have a good witness if we ever go to court.Told him to log times/dates on calender. The only advice I can give other than good security,planning and CCW is MOVE. Its not worth a worst case scenario. Best of luck, God Bless you and yours...

Wink Maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Personally, I'd set up flood lights on every inch of your property. That'll illuminate any creeps that are out there.
    Well, that's one technique but there are a few issues there. First it's easy to hang back just out of the reach of the lights and you won't be able to penetrate visually outside the ring of lights. If the lights suddenly go out, you won't be able to see a thing for at least 15-20 minutes or more because that's how long it takes for your night sight to spool up to full speed. Unless you've got night vision devices just ready to go.

Next with the cost of electricity you might wind up going broke before you get the problem solved, plus those high security lights don't really have a long life, so you'll be replacing bulbs on a regular basis.

Maybe more often because somebody with an evil mind might take it under consideration to pop your high security lights on a regular basis with a scoped .22LR, just to keep you on your toes. Plus watch dogs might just cut up their pads on the broken glass. Finally lighting up the area like a POW camp might give those in the area the idea that something is making you nervous and why give the BGs an idea that their strategy is working?

Myself, I'd rather just live a normal quiet life to all outward appearances and sensor the heck out of the AO. I'd have IR cameras and video along likely avenues of approach. In fact, I'd make certain avenues of approach durn near impossible with wire and tangle foot and others very easy so I'd put the sensors and cameras there.

Then there are useful little gadgets that help you find prospects in the dark when a sensor goes off. Like this: Black Heatseeker W/Laser & Ir, Scopes, Aimshot at Sportsman's Guide
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links