Good video -- when seconds count

Good video -- when seconds count

This is a discussion on Good video -- when seconds count within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ck out: PJTV - Dept. 7 - When Seconds Count...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good video -- when seconds count

VIP Member

Thumbs up Good video -- when seconds count

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    PJTV has some good stuff.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

The way it SHOULD be...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Oh Yeah! That is the way it should be. Come and get some, baby!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

This video reminded me of when I took my CC class. The instructor played an audio file of a 911 call.

The woman heard someone breaking into her house. She locked herself in the bedroom, made the call, and waited. You had to listen to her crying and becoming hysterical as he entered the home and eventually made it into the bedroom. The entire time she was crying, pleading and begging the dispatcher to make the cops hurry. As the intruder attempted to enter the barricaded bedroom, she informed him that the cops would be there any second and he had better leave. As he made his way in to the bedroom he mocked her claim.

From time of dispatch to arrival at scene was just over five minutes (that is pretty good for most cities from what I understand). He took the phone from her and ended the call halfway into that five minutes. The intruder had enough time to rape, murder her, and flee the scene before the LEO's made entry.

It was very sobering! This video reminded me of that call but with a better ending. I do not think I will ever forget listening to that call.
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

Very good video. THX

All women should see this video. All women should learn how to shoot and own a weapon also.

Wait a minute, how do we know that he was just not a friendly door to door prybar salesman?

He had a pry bar because the gun control laws prevented him from buying a firearm!

Last time I called the cops, it took em 40 min! Im glad to see some "pro reality" propaganda out there. Nothing against LEOs, but there arent enough of them to begin with. We cant expect instant responce, especially in rural areas.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

A+++++++

Never take a crow bar to a gun fight. At least the sun glasses lessened the muzzle flash. lol
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
    This video reminded me of when I took my CC class. The instructor played an audio file of a 911 call.

The woman heard someone breaking into her house. She locked herself in the bedroom, made the call, and waited. You had to listen to her crying and becoming hysterical as he entered the home and eventually made it into the bedroom. The entire time she was crying, pleading and begging the dispatcher to make the cops hurry. As the intruder attempted to enter the barricaded bedroom, she informed him that the cops would be there any second and he had better leave. As he made his way in to the bedroom he mocked her claim.

From time of dispatch to arrival at scene was just over five minutes (that is pretty good for most cities from what I understand). He took the phone from her and ended the call halfway into that five minutes. The intruder had enough time to rape, murder her, and flee the scene before the LEO's made entry.

It was very sobering! This video reminded me of that call but with a better ending. I do not think I will ever forget listening to that call.
    Do you or does anyone else have a copy of that audio recording? Stuff like that drives home the point better than any other argument, quote, etc.

Nope. Sorry. The instructor is LEO and alluded to the idea that it was not easy for him to obtain.

Not sure that I would want to hear it again anyway. I remember it vividly enough as is.
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis View Post
    Do you or does anyone else have a copy of that audio recording? Stuff like that drives home the point better than any other argument, quote, etc.
    I remember a audio of a woman on 911 and her BF breaking in and she was armed and shot him.

But you know there are people that would say they would rather die then to defend themselves than take another persons life! Amazing!!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

GM
    Good video!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links