Ever hear of anyone firing a gun during a dream. - Page 2

Ever hear of anyone firing a gun during a dream.

This is a discussion on Ever hear of anyone firing a gun during a dream. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife frequently asks me who I was fighting a war with last night. What's that tell you? I storm the beaches and battle the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever hear of anyone firing a gun during a dream.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    My wife frequently asks me who I was fighting a war with last night. What's that tell you? I storm the beaches and battle the Japs often.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My best friend's uncle was sleep walking/drunk with his pistol and killed his wife when she tried to wake him in their kitchen. The deputies found him behind a tree on their property. He thought he was on guard duty from his days in Vietnam. When he got to the station he kept dialing his wife to come bail him out. Then he was told of the ordeal that got him arrested.He had no idea he killed his wife. He did some time for manslaughter charge and to this day you can see in his eyes he's got pain. Truly sad.
    As a Vet and someone who has worked for the VA I know PTSD can be a dangerous and very unhealthy thing.I wish he could have got more help for him and his family's sake.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    We (Seriously & No Joke) had a forum member on CombatCarry who dreamed that his phone was ringing and he "answered" his firearm which was on the nightstand.
    He did not pull the trigger but woke up with his gun alongside his head. :
    Jan-Mar of this year I attended a Citizens Police Academy one night a week. During a discussion on firearms safety, the Sgt instructor mentioned a similar scenario that he knew of, except the woman "answered" her firearm which was on the nightstand and DID pull the trigger! He suggested that you should have to perform 3 actions before accessing your firearm to ensure you are fully awake--such as get out of bed, open a drawer, rack the slide, or some other similar sequence. Even that might not work for the sleep walker types. Luckily, I am a very light sleeper and don't worry about it too much. My Kimber and SW 642 are in drawers in the night stand beside the bed. I have to roll over, open a drawer, and reach inside. I doubt I could ever do that without becoming fully awake.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Generally speaking, my wife is a lighter sleeper than I am, though our ears are tuned differently.

I think she could hear a baby whimper 50 yards away. A sudden wind hitting the house, a slight noise at the door and I'm immediately wide awake, we never "hear" the same thing.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I very seldom dream, or at least I don't remember most of them. I have on occasion, if the wife or anyone grabs or shakes me while I am asleep, attacked them, I have always stopped as soon as I get my wits about me, which doesn't take very long. My wife now hollers at me to wake up, she does not grab or shake anymore.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My father once had a dream that he was fighting with somebody and punched my mother. She was not to happy to be awoken in the middle of the night with a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by joshe View Post
    I've had dreams with guns but i can never get mine to fire. what's that say about me?
    In my dreams I can shoot the bad guys but the bullets don't kill them!

Distinguished Member
    This thread is a bit spooky. I also have vivid dreams. And in very stressful times, I sleep walk. I've never even considered what that might mean with a weapon in the night stand.....but I am now.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    I don't keep a loaded firearm within reach because of my dreams. If I can put my wife in a headlock in my sleep, who knows what else I might do and not realise it?
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't keep a loaded firearm within reach because of my dreams. If I can put my wife in a headlock in my sleep, who knows what else I might do and not realise it?
    Awesome pic of your Dad!
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

VIP Member
    Thanks.

VIP Member
    As others here, I have vivid dreams of combat and do not trust myself to keep a gun close to the bed. It is positioned so I must stand up and take a couple of steps and open a draw. I'm no sleep walker, and so far as I know have never moved a muscle during these dreams, but I don't want to take any chance.

Very good subject. I could write a book about my dreams but I will spare all of you and not. I fell 14' from a ladder onto a concrete floor and didn't land on my melon but on my hands and knees in 2001 or there abouts. Ever since then I am afraid of heights and am clasaphobic. My dreams don't involve guns but how bad that experience hurt, and oh did it ever!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I suggested he get himself a bedside lockbox, maybe he'd fully wake up while trying to input the combination the next time he has some dream.
    I keep mine in a lock box next to the bed that requires me to punch in the right numbers, which is easy, but means I will be fully awake to be able to do it. You don't want to startle me if I"m sleeping...... I come up fighting. I have to take 3 steps to get to my knives, that's far enough that I 'will' be fully awake.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "I've had dreams with guns but i can never get mine to fire. what's that say about me?"

Ver Ist Dr. Zigmund Ven You Need Him?
    Sie gun is Kaput !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links