How is your SA? What would you do?

This is a discussion on How is your SA? What would you do? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have found that I am now more aware of my surroundings. Thanks, yeah.. to an incident that happened to me. I had someone put ...

Thread: How is your SA? What would you do?

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar

How is your SA? What would you do?

I have found that I am now more aware of my surroundings. Thanks, yeah.. to an incident that happened to me. I had someone put a note on my car,while I was in my local FoodCity. He wrote that I reminded him of someone and he liked what he saw about my body. He watched me long enough to know what car I drive and my tag and at that time I had a local tax sticker on my car which told I lived in corporation limits of my small town. It scared me so much,I called my husband and talked to him until I got home. I have no clue what he looks like, he could be anyone or anywhere watching. I realized then that I needed to be more aware of what was going on around me. I took a gun course, I started going shooting with my husband and I found I really enjoyed it. I carry now, I am more aware of people, I am always looking in my rear view mirror making sure I am not followed. I am no longer clueless to my surroundings.

2. Remove Ads

Very proud of you! I'm sorry that you had a bad encounter with some creep but sounds like you came away from it with the right mindset.

I have wives, daughters, and beloved female friends. It angers me to no end that a creep can terrorize them or any other woman in this fashion.

I'm sorry about the encounter, too. But, like it or not, some predators would consider you as "prey" and therefore you have to be more alert.

Good on you for taking positive steps.

You can never know about those type of creeps. I call them "the note writers." I've had a few female friends who have had notes left on their cars in the past. They just give me the creeps. They know you, but you know nothing about them. They can become stalkers. You just never know.

I treat them all as dangerous. Probably most the time they are harmless, but you can never risk making that assumption.

If they ever make contact with you again, you definitely need to get the police involved. Also save all the notes left on your car. It is evidence of their inappropriate behavior especially if they keep leaving more notes, it may become very useful to the police.

The best thing is that you are no longer vulnerable as you once were. You're now a gun owner and you carry a gun. You've taken steps to improve your shooting skills and you are more aware of what goes on around you now.

It is now becoming part of your lifestyle and that is very good. Don't ever lose the serious attitude and don't let a day go by without your gun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I think I remember your husband (?) posting something about this just a little while ago. If not him...then someone else had a similar experience. I'm sorry that you had that experience, but it sounds as if your taking your safety very seriously as a result. That I'm glad to hear.

That scares the daylights out of me. My wife is very attractive, is a pilates instructor, very good shape, and wears the clothing that one might expect from a fitness instructor. Her work attire makes me even more nervous that someone could be watching from afar, which is likely what your "note writer" was doing. The gym my wife works at has a not concealed weapons policy in the handbook which means she tends to leave her gun in the safe when at work. She also might have a tough time concealing with the fitness clothing. I still think she should carry regardless of the policy...concealed is concealed.

Pinklady, I'm curious to know what you carry and how. If your willing to share. My wife is new to CC and I love passing along feedback from other safety concious females as to what works for them and what doesn't. Stay safe...

Keep your awareness up and be safe!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I would advise you not to go out alone, if you can swing it. Sometimes you have to, but if you can, take a friend. Double SA power.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sorry to hear you had to deal with that, but I'm glad you have started to carry and practice. Situational awareness is always important.

Did you by any chance ask if FoodCity had security cams in the parking lot and if they did could they save the video from that date and time?

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    I think I remember your husband (?) posting something about this just a little while ago. If not him...then someone else had a similar experience. I'm sorry that you had that experience, but it sounds as if your taking your safety very seriously as a result. That I'm glad to hear.

That scares the daylights out of me. My wife is very attractive, is a pilates instructor, very good shape, and wears the clothing that one might expect from a fitness instructor. Her work attire makes me even more nervous that someone could be watching from afar, which is likely what your "note writer" was doing. The gym my wife works at has a not concealed weapons policy in the handbook which means she tends to leave her gun in the safe when at work. She also might have a tough time concealing with the fitness clothing. I still think she should carry regardless of the policy...concealed is concealed.

Pinklady, I'm curious to know what you carry and how. If your willing to share. My wife is new to CC and I love passing along feedback from other safety concious females as to what works for them and what doesn't. Stay safe...
    My husband is the one that first posted that about the note being left on my car. I guess that is the day I really woke up to the world around me. I have been sheltered all my life and was very naive. Well thats another story. Anyway, I have a gun on layaway and its a s&w 60. I carry my husbands Ruger sp 101 w/ 3" barrel or his Ruger lcr sometimes. I find it easier to oc but I do cc. It is hard for me to cc due to my clothing type and body type. But I can if it is cool out and I wear a over shirt.

Thanks for sharing Pinklady! My wife also likes the revolvers, she carries an SP101 2.25" in a Crossbreed QwikClip...rarely. Her clothing type and body type make it tough too. I guess there is just no way aroud off body/purse carry sometimes.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links