Need help mounting a holster

This is a discussion on Need help mounting a holster within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Since I'm on my phone it won't let me search the forum but I'm trying to figure out how to mount a holster on the ...

Thread: Need help mounting a holster

Need help mounting a holster

Since I'm on my phone it won't let me search the forum but I'm trying to figure out how to mount a holster on the side of my bed. I've had my glock on my nightstand ready to go bang in a instant but now that we have gotten a curious kitten he walks everywhere and well I'd rather not put a whole in my wall. So as of now it sits in my holster in my nightstand but that would be too much work to get to if need be. I'm just trying to figure out how to permantly mount a holster to the frame so the trigger is covered and all I need to do is pull it out and put it in my EDC holster. All ideas are appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse138 View Post
    Since I'm on my phone it won't let me search the forum but I'm trying to figure out how to mount a holster on the side of my bed. I've had my glock on my nightstand ready to go bang in a instant but now that we have gotten a curious kitten he walks everywhere and well I'd rather not put a whole in my wall. So as of now it sits in my holster in my nightstand but that would be too much work to get to if need be. I'm just trying to figure out how to permantly mount a holster to the frame so the trigger is covered and all I need to do is pull it out and put it in my EDC holster. All ideas are appreciated. Thanks
    Magnets covered in shrink wrap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9mPlW6au9c

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Crossbreed sells a specific unit for this, I have not tried it but it looks slick and their products are top notch. I use a Safepacker holster with the flap between the mattress and boxspring, it is portable and I take it with me for hotels, etc. A plus with the Safepacker is it can accomodate a weapon mounted light and can be used in other modes of carry.

+1 to kapnketel's Crossbreed suggestion. It's called the Ohai and it attaches with velcro. I like that solution as you can mount velcro in other areas or even your vehicle and move the holster around as needed. Also would work in velcro lined range bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse138 View Post
    Since I'm on my phone it won't let me search the forum but I'm trying to figure out how to mount a holster on the side of my bed.
    Try an Ultimate Bed Holster (about $27) with a Crosman AirSoft holster (less than $7). Fits between the mattress and the box springs. Works for me with my M&P 9FS.

4forums :: M&P 9FS in Bed Holster picture by upload34 - Photobucket
    USAF Retired
    NRA Member

Zip ties,or Duk Tape that stuff is good fer bout everything
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The crossbreed is nice but I am also liking the price of the zip ties and duct tape price lol. I will try to figure a combination probably with the airsoft holster since that is pretty cheap. I appreciate all of the ideas and feed back. You guys are a big bucket of knowledge.

cj
    Not sure about the need to permanently attach to the frame...any advantage to that? I'm thinking something that slides under the mattress would be able to provide enough support for a piece handing down.

A piece of kydex (heated and folded) and a few pop rivets to attach a holster or pocket would make something serviceable. The stiffness would be enough to hold everything up from the weight of the mattress.

Or even a rectangle of cloth to create two large pockets...put something stiff in one (that goes under the mattress) and pistol can go in the other. Something like this only you could make it more form fitting to your pistol.

Links