Am I paranoid

This is a discussion on Am I paranoid within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you gotta ask the answer is yes,I mighta took cover and observed them fer a minute to see what their real intentions were.might wanta ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I paranoid

If you gotta ask the answer is yes,I mighta took cover and observed them fer a minute to see what their real intentions were.might wanta keep a shotgun in the garage you can get to quick,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

I just put the pistol in the garage about a year ago , and also have a shotgun behind the freezer in the garage on the other side.

I paint cars as a hobby and sometimes for other people, so I spend a lot of time in the garage. I got to thinking one day that if I needed a gun, I would have to go in the house, back to the bedroom in the closet, on a top shelf.

I still keep a 9mm there , but realized I needed something in the garage. Hopefully will never need them , actually I now remember why I put them in the garage. Went to the mailbox , one Saturday and was walking looking at the ground when two pitbulls got my attention growling at me.

They were on my property , I stopped slowly walked backwards looking for a tree to go up. They didnt come after me luckily.

I had asked my daughter to go to the mailbox, glad she didnt . She might have ran , and they could have chased her. I returned with my shotgun and they were gone. Ever since I have those two weapons in the garage.

Not paranoid at all. I had the same shady kind of guy selling meat out of a truck come to my house. Told him no thanks. He then asked if he could use the restroom. Told him nope, no strangers enter my house. I think that kind of took him by surprise. No uninvited stranger's coming into my house and casing the place, possibly unlocking a window to come in later.

Not paranoid. it sounds sketchy to me and I wasn't even there!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Yes, you most certainly are. But that's ok. I support Hopyard's post.

No, you are not a bit paranoid, just have some good situational awareness. Often, strangers are not there for good reasons or intentions. Being cautious is no laughing matter, case in point of the following......

Recently, I was at someone's property because I do appraisal for an assesor and we must visit all properties in our county. I was met at the door by a lady packing a .38 revolver. She recognized me and appologized, but I told her, no problem, I understand.

She explained that the last time I was there, I was driving a different vehicle and she didn't recognize what I am driving now. Plus, someone tried to break into her home last December and she was there at the time, and this has put her into defensive mode to the max.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they're out to get you. ;) Your response was totally appropriate for the situation, especially in this day and age. That and I dislike door to door salespeople.

Paranoid, no. Realistic, yes.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Not paranoid; survival oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if he'd taken them up on buying some steaks and followed the guy out to the truck?
    You would have seen some overpriced steaks most likely. Now if they also had the take from the last unoccupied house littering the back of the truck around the freezer...

The truck that occasionally comes to my house has a professional sign on the door. White truck with white freezer. Always the same story, a restaurant cancelled their order so they have a good deal on steaks so they don't have to take them back to the warehouse. Lame. If part of your business model is either lying or pawning off unwanted meat, I'm not doing business with you.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Not paranoid; survival oriented.

You would have seen some overpriced steaks most likely. Now if they also had the take from the last unoccupied house littering the back of the truck around the freezer...

The truck that occasionally comes to my house has a professional sign on the door. White truck with white freezer. Always the same story, a restaurant cancelled their order so they have a good deal on steaks so they don't have to take them back to the warehouse. Lame. If part of your business model is either lying or pawning off unwanted meat, I'm not doing business with you.

I doubt there were cancelled orders. More like the delivery driver intentionally shorted the customer so he could make some side money. This is common practice with beer truck drivers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links