I'm always suspicious... - Page 2

I'm always suspicious...

This is a discussion on I'm always suspicious... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I drive past my house on a regular basis. If a car makes the same last three turns before I get to my driveway, I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm always suspicious...

DM2
    I drive past my house on a regular basis. If a car makes the same last three turns before I get to my driveway, I will drive past... sometimes I make a U, some times I go around the block. I've done this when cars are approaching too slowly from the opposite direction or if someone is sitting in a parked car near my house that I don't recognize as belonging to neighbors. I memorize license plate tags by making words out of them.

It's not strange behavior it's being situationally aware. I once called a friend of mine very early one morning because I recognized her license plate and car with a man I didn't recognize driving at a high rate of speed. She thanked me but it turned out that she had loaned her car to someone.

I told this story here before too. But I have a girlfriend that was robbed by a man who drove past her in the opposite direction as she was parking her car across the street from her house. He parked at the corner, used the hedges as cover in front of all the houses and robbed her on her porch before she could get in the door.

Stay vigilant and stay safe. Never, never take anything or anyone for granted. Your life can be at stake before you realize if you are not aware of your surroundings. Your fiance would be well served to learn and practice these skills as well.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=ctsketch;1632192]She is more annoyed that she can feel the gun when she tries to walk on my right side and hold my arm. I told her I would rather she be on my left anyways so I can use my right arm if I need to :p.

She openly admits she likes to pretend the world isn't full of bad people. In that sense she is anti-gun.[/QUOTE]

^^^^Bad Habits=your girlfriend^^^^^

Drop'em.
    If she is that way,It sounds like plenty of grief heading your way

Liberals are like Slinkies…Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I agree with MrSir. Listen to that gut feeling. My girlfriend used to call me paranoid too ...

To each his own, I was taught that publicly if you don't have something good to say about someone don't say anything at all, I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Liberals are like Slinkies…Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    -10 !!!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

That is some funny stuff!!!!!

You guys are really a tough crowd today. You know nothing of this guys relationship other than the girl got a little ticked and you think you know enough to tell him to drop the girl???!!? I hope your not quite as quick to pull a real trigger.
    Last edited by Back 40; May 27th, 2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Can't type on this dang phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    You guys are really a tough crowd today. You know nothing of this guys relationship other than the girl got a little ticked and you think you know enough to tell him to drop the girl???!!? I hope your not quite as quick to pull a real trigger.
    I take it all with a grain of salt . She's known me for 5 years now and knows my habits and knows i've been training in SD for 6 years. A lot of people are not SD minded and she just happens to be one of them.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post

That is some funny stuff!!!!!

LOLOLOL
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

im in the same situation the mother of my daughter left me cause i carry everywhere i go and i refuse to leave it behiond and i buy pistols when i save up the money she tried to say only crazy people carry guns or we live in a area where you dont need a firearm BS there isnt a area on this planet that is so safe badguys these days are getting alot smarter and braver with the economy being this way ppl will do crazy stuff for cash so stay ontop of things i always watch my corners just remeber C Y A Cover Yor A**!
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

Next time, stop and tell her to go check it out... and if it's safe you'll come up then. She'll think you lost your mind, which means... she expects you to but not to expect her to.

You are just being "smart". Assess, analyze and identify.

Stay armed...stay alert/listen to your instincts...stay safe!

(If the girl wants to jump out before your drive around the block...that's fine, tell her you wish her well.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I have to say good job also. If I was by myself, I would pull in, but if I'm with my wife, I'm not putting her in that position. A simple explaination will go a long way.

Paranoi, not at all.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I've driven right past my house and been followed as I weave through residential neighborhoods, they always seem to peel off by the time I reach the police station though. It's not your job to be confronting the drunks, but taking the time to observe from a safe distance is certainly a good move.

Glock Certified Armorer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links