Defensive Carry banner

Looking for a quick acess/quick open safe

8K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  stewartjwnls 
#1 ·
Any suggestions for a bedside safe for my HD pistol? Needs to keep kids and others out but be super easy/quick for me to open, likely in the dark. Thanks for your ideas!

#5 ·
Before buying bio safes, actually try it to see how long it takes to recognize your print.

I got a Secure It Safe from Cabelas for quick response. It has a key lock on top to secure it and I keep the key on my car/house key ring. At night, I unlock it leaving the key so I cannot leave the house without going to the box and locking it (if I leave my gun there). It also comes with a cable to wrap around the bed frame.

I believe I can have my gun ready in less time than opening a key safe and certainly a bio safe. The choice is usually a trade off between more secure or quicker access.

#10 ·
I have a Bershka biosafe... it takes about 1-2 seconds to open. however I keep my G19 in my nightstand at night and lock my bedroom door...so safe opening time is not an issue. I only lock it up when i'm not using/carrying.

However, I don't have children.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.