Defensive Carry banner

Take a short test, and rate your risk of serious assault

17K views 181 replies 162 participants last post by  paullie 
#1 ·
Here is a short test, your answers convert to a risk assessment number for you. Be sure and read the directions carefully.

https://secure.moses.com/www.rateyourrisk.org/be

BTW I didn't design the test, I'm sure there are some flaws in it, though the test is interesting. I especially see value in offering it to a sheep. It might wake them up a little?

Many of the questions are related to "at home" and "travel" so I thought it fit best in Home/Away from home defense discussion.

#2 ·
I wasn't able to get to the link... is part missing? should it end in 'be'?

#5 ·
rate your risk
beaten
your total is -3.

(negative score) a minus score indicates that the criminal would be in danger from you. The greater the negative score...the greater the danger.
hooray me!!!

#6 ·
Your total is -4.

(Negative score) A minus score indicates that the criminal would be in danger FROM YOU. The greater the negative score...the greater the danger. It has simply gotten too dangerous to use an ATM (automatic teller machine) after dark. Recommend ATM machines to be placed in police substations.

Well considering my local PD does not have ATM's and stating ATM machines is redundant. They need to figure out what ATM stands for. I have no issues with using an ATM at night.

#13 ·
Well, I got a -5. But I've been at this a very long time!:image035:

#14 · (Edited)
Your total is -17.

(Negative score) A minus score indicates that the criminal would be in danger FROM YOU. The greater the negative score...the greater the danger.

I didn't really read some of the options, that should be my final score. My score went negative 5 when I put I walk with a dog (130 lbs Chocolate lab...unfriendly :buttkick:)

Does wearing a duster over my western clothes while its raining count as "You wear an overcoat or full length rain suit over a suit jacket in public?" If not then I'm -20 :yup:

:comeandgetsome:

#15 ·
I think there are misconceptions in the test. For example, it asks if you walk with small children or a dog. My dog weighs 80 lbs and I make my wife take him running for her security (and to burn off some of his energy). It asks if you have a black belt - not really a good measure, most mid belts can defend themselves adequately, and some black belts aren't as good as they think. Also, the number of miles you travel doesn't matter as much as the amount of time you spend in high risk areas - it doesn't even ask where you live.

I did score relatively close to zero.

#16 ·
Do I win?

Your total is -46.

(Negative score) A minus score indicates that the criminal would be in danger FROM YOU. The greater the negative score...the greater the danger.

#161 ·
Well, you got me beat.... Mine was; Your total is -22.

#76 ·
Your total is 13.

You look like a target (mark). More likely to be worth robbing than a guy wearing a plastic bag over a hooded sweatshirt.

Don't get caught up on getting some negative score. Sometimes you just have to live life. Yes, I answer my door. I take walks with my wife on a clear nigh. I don't know karate (I have won fist fights with people who do, they should have asked that I guess). I wear an overcoat when I wear a suit. I do all of those things armed, what can I say.

I like the quiz, but it is what it is. I'm not impressed by negative numbers any more then I would someone who had some high score. People have different lifestyles, it is always good to consuider the risks.

#19 ·
Well got a +16

(0 to 50) This score shows a low risk of assault. You are either highly cautious or a poor target. You should not be foolishly overconfident however. Keep up the precautions and take the test again next month and don't fudge on your points.

Being 60 and having difficulty walking does increase my chances of being a target but if a BG thinks I am easy he will be in for a rude shock.

#94 ·
Yep, I got that too.

#23 ·
weird test. -7for me. but, the test is to assess risk of being assaulted. Then the score says nothing about the risk that an assault will be attempted or not, only that there is a good chance of beating up the assaulter. hmm.

So, i would think walking with a child would be a liability, but walking with my trained GSD would be an asset.

Likewise, I go camping- as in, backpacking, armed, accompanied by the aforementioned GSD, quiet, off a trail not a campground. How is this the same risk category as a drunken boat-party?

I don't get the raincoat question either.

I know it is just for fun. I just raised my eyebrows at a few things :)

#133 ·
Ditto that.

Plus I don't count walking my dog as a liability, rather, I would not walk without her.

I don't think going through a drive through ATM (which you can see all sides of before you pull up....) is as bad as they make all ATMs sound.

My mailbox doesn't lock......I don't think I know anybody who has a locking mailbox.

I do guess that driving around for a day on E is a bad thing, but considering that there is a gas station on every street corner it's not like I'm travelling down the Interstate on less than 1/8 tank.

I go camping with a gun and my dog in quiet places, it's not the same as going on a drunk party at the lake.

I do deliver pizza, so I do consider myself at risk concerning my work...however not many of these questions took that into consideration.

However one thing funny. Years before AR. ever got concealed carry, I lived on the south side of town on the wrong side of the tracks and walked most places since I didn't drive at the time. I never had a fear of being attacked. I have been told that it's because of my attitude. It's never been overly friendly, and have been told I looked extremely P.O.ed and ready to do extreme harm to anyone who just spoke to me.
That cound almost describe me. RR tracks and walking and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.