Late night phone call......somethings up.....how fast can you get ready/prepared? - Page 3

Late night phone call......somethings up.....how fast can you get ready/prepared?

This is a discussion on Late night phone call......somethings up.....how fast can you get ready/prepared? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by atctimmy I think that most veterans have a pretty well developed system. I can be out the door in under a minute, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Late night phone call......somethings up.....how fast can you get ready/prepared?

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I think that most veterans have a pretty well developed system. I can be out the door in under a minute, cocked, locked and ready to rock. Now this didn't happen right away of course, the 150 or so middle of the night General Quarters alarms (man battle stations) allowed me to hone my technique.
    Amen to that atctimmy. The military deployments and exercises sure did help hone my get up and get my arse ready pronto.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Honestly, at the end of the day I usually just change into whatever I'm sleeping in and drape that day's pair of pants across my computer chair with everything still in the pockets. My carry piece goes on the nightstand in its holster (Supertuck) so that it's ready fast and it protects the trigger in case of late-night fumbling.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Late night phone call??

I no longer do On-Call (you can't afford it and I am in the 1$ a minute club at work) or answer the phone after I go to bed until the sun is shinning the next day. The house is locked and alarmed and any friends I know are too far away for me to help. I do have everything necessary in the night stand drawer. I sleep in Haynes underwear and socks.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links