Man saves family from road-side robbery, shoots assailant - Page 3

Man saves family from road-side robbery, shoots assailant

This is a discussion on Man saves family from road-side robbery, shoots assailant within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good shooting....stopped the threat...unfortunately, he didn't put them all down...so they will injure/kill someone else in the future. But, now that they survived their robbery ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man saves family from road-side robbery, shoots assailant

Good shooting....stopped the threat...unfortunately, he didn't put them all down...so they will injure/kill someone else in the future.

But, now that they survived their robbery attempt...as they await their fate with the criminal justice system, why can't the victims file a civil suit for mental anguish (or something along those line)--and basically ruin them worse off....take their clothes, cars, TVs, jewelery,.etc. (and sell/give to charity)..and hinder these "thugs" from doing this again......yeah....just a little bitter...because you know if the GG had killed these guys, the BGs "estate" would look for a payday.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    As soon as Jakes' accomplices attempted to exit the car, I would have began firing on them. They were part of his "crew" and were a threat. As it was, they returned fire as they were speeding away.
    Those were my exact thoughts as I read the article. I also agree with those of you who pointed out he should have been shooting, not ordering the bad guy to leave the scene.

For the Official police report,Ē I saw the gun in the bad guys hand, I ordered him to drop it several times.Ē I said Hey, (bang) drop the (bang, bang) gun. Leave now! (bang) We donít want any (bang) trouble.

I sure would have never let his crew get anywhere near him and take away the evidence from a crime scene. I would be afraid the Crew would want to kill us for stopping him from robbing us. Too easy for them to circle around and come in for revenge. But, most of these predators will not do a stand up fight with an armed victim.

Iíve been robbed twice many years ago. Was stabbed in the first one and pistol whipped during the second. So I donít trust people.

I know to you it may sound like a callous attitude from me but, let me interject this story to urge you have some restraint first.

About 5 years ago my Wife and I were traveling home to Texas from Southern Pines NC with plans to stop outside Atlanta GA for the night at a friendís house.
    Somewhere near Lavonia South Carolina on I 85 at 10:30 pm my Truck decided to drop a valve on the #3 piston, thereby destroying my freshly rebuilt engine. (Bad batch of valves)
    We limp to the next exit and pull to the shoulder to inspect the damages and figure out what to do. I get out with my 45 stuck in my front pocket and raise the hood to look at the engine to see if the rod was sticking out of the block. We were in the middle of no where and I start praying for Devine Intervention under my breath.
    Just as I get my night eyes a car pulls up and stops in front of us. A Black man steps out and my hand slips into my pocket. He says, ďYaíll know this is a dangerous place to stop donít you?Ē
    THE HACKELS GO UP ON THE BACK OF MY NECK!!!!!!
    I tell him my engine just puked a valve and I donít know where the closest place to go for a hotel.
    He says,Ē If I had a tow rope I could pull you to the next exit where there is a Holiday Inn at.Ē My hand is on my pistol in my pocket, but Iím feeling better about this guy.
    I have a tow strap if you donít mind helping us!
    He says, ďI was going to Wal Mart for strawberries for my pregnant wife and I somehow missed the exit back there! I guess the Lord have something for me to do first, letís get you out of here first.Ē

My Angel towed us up the road another 15 miles to the Holiday Inn for a safe place where we can stay the night and we call my Buddy in Georgia to come get us in the morning.

My Angle was a Black Man about 45 years old with very little education. He worked for a Lumber Company in South Carolina and drove an old maroon Oldsmobile. His name is Florzene and I hope to see him again one day at the Gates of Heaven.
    Before he left us we prayed a prayer of thanksgiving for him.
    Just goes to show, you can never tell.

I have tried to pay it forward ever since!
    But, I still donít trust people straight out.
    Still carrying my 45!
    Too bad Florzene wasn't there for this Family too!

I hate to be callous and cruel and insensitive but, having been ambushed/attacked/assaulted/beat up/gang-stomped a few times, a few decades ago [when I was younger and dumber and drunker]: Every [anti-gun loony PC psychobabbling] liberal and their friends need to be beat up, just a little bit, now and then and once in awhile, so that they will also profile while they smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I hate to be callous and cruel and insensitive but, having been ambushed/attacked/assaulted/beat up/gang-stomped a few times, a few decades ago [when I was younger and dumber and drunker]: Every [anti-gun loony PC psychobabbling] liberal and their friends need to be beat up, just a little bit, now and then and once in awhile, so that they will also profile while they smile.
    AMEN Brother!!!!

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar

CCW holder defends family

The Post and Courier - Robbers pick the wrong victim - Charleston SC - postandcourier.com

I hope this link works. I have never tried to attach a link before. Anyway it's a good read.

If the link doesn't work and someone can help that would be appreciated.
    SCGunLover1

Great news!!

Good thing the BG did not get a chance to fire the DEagle......
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Three shots and clearly they were vital hits, all the while from in the dark and at distance.

His wife, mother inlaw and children unscathed.
    He took return fire but made good use of cover to not get stung.

Excellent all the way around!

- Janq

"And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder. One of the four beasts saying; 'Come and see.' and I saw, and behold a white horse". - Johnny Cash, 'The Man Comes Around'
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Ability to legally carry armed on cross-country journeys is the primary reason I got a CCW.

Kansas resident licensing did not began until January 2007.
    I did not even know of 18 USC ß 926A until taking the CHL class.

Score one or three for the good guys!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Thank the Lord he was able to protect his family. Bad enough our soldiers gotta worry about getting shot halfway around the world, then come home to this kinda crap.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Congrats to this serviceman...well done!

Now for the dirtbag team to be sent away for a very long time...they will catch the other two (no honor among thieves).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No telling what would have happened to the family if the good guy didn't have that gun and a ccw permit. One for the good guys.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links