Road Trip....What to do?

Road Trip....What to do?

This is a discussion on Road Trip....What to do? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm going on a trip to VA. to see a concert and staying over night at a Hotel. My question is what would be the ...

Thread: Road Trip....What to do?

Road Trip....What to do?

I'm going on a trip to VA. to see a concert and staying over night at a Hotel. My question is what would be the right thing to do with my Gun during the concert. I could leave it in the room in the safe provided but I really don't trust that security. If I were to take it to the concert and leave it in the car in the parking lot that could lead to a bad situation especially if I have a few drinks at the concert. What would be the best to do? I will have my CC by that time.

VIP Member
    Limited options there. I would secure it in the hotel safe and that would have to suffice. Leaving it secured in your vehicle at a concert? Not me. Can you say "Thief's paradise"?

Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Good luck.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Kind of what I was thinking but I have never used those safes in Hotels before and I assume employees have access to them. I guess it is still the best alternative.

I regularly leave my firearm locked in the trunk of my car when I can't carry. In NC, it meets the definition of the law for securing a firearm.

I wouldn't however, put it there at the concert, thereby signaling any potential thieves. You might also get a gun safe with a cable lock to deter a common grab and run. The gun safe can be inside the passenger compartment, as well. It's up to you.

Where is the concert? You might be able to carry there...

Otherwise I would secure it in a locked container in the vehicle
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar

Reconsider It

Quote Originally Posted by Tango2020 View Post
    I'm going on a trip to VA. to see a concert and staying over night at a Hotel. My question is what would be the right thing to do with my Gun during the concert. I could leave it in the room in the safe provided but I really don't trust that security. If I were to take it to the concert and leave it in the car in the parking lot that could lead to a bad situation especially if I have a few drinks at the concert. What would be the best to do? I will have my CC by that time.
    Do you have or ever consider a designated driver? If you are gonna drive while drinking, I'd recommend not going at all. If you are going to the Hampton Roads or Richmond area, expect to go through sobriety checkpoints. Even a small amount of alcohol is gonna land you a trip to jail. VA is no longer playing around with DUI laws. Nothing worth losing your money and livelihood over some concert.

I do have a DD. I just don't want to be caught with a concealed weapon after a few beers. I think I will leave the gun in the hotel safe, sounds like the best thing to do. Thanks for all the replies.

VIP Member
    Good discussion on this old thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...allow-ccw.html
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I do have a DD. I just don't want to be caught with a concealed weapon after a few beers. I think I will leave the gun in the hotel safe, sounds like the best thing to do. Thanks for all the replies.
    Wise decision and you are welcome. Also, do enjoy the concert you are planning to attend.

Secure-It Key-Operated Handgun Storage Safe

Secure-It Handgun Storage Safe : Cabela's

only $20.oo

i've got one, with a combination lock rather than the key lock, cabled under the backside of the passenger seat in my car. you can loop the cable around anything secure in a hotel room or ask the front desk if they will secure it for you (be sure it's unloaded & tell them so.)

Kind of what I was thinking but I have never used those safes in Hotels before and I assume employees have access to them. I guess it is still the best alternative.
    Yeah, it's either that or leave it at home, and that doesn't seem right. You could get a 'car safe,' or at least a cable...
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Kind of what I was thinking but I have never used those safes in hotels before and I assume employees have access to them.....
    Not necessarily. Depending on the type of safe used, some require a credit card and PIN to activate, neither of which an employee would have.

Sponsored Links