My lovely nieghbor

This is a discussion on My lovely nieghbor within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by nutz4utwo Proof is valuable. Get a video-camera and record away. Take anything you find in person to the police or local FBI ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My lovely nieghbor

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Proof is valuable. Get a video-camera and record away. Take anything you find in person to the police or local FBI office...

I was thinking along those same lines...just sit on your porch with a camera...snap pictures of every car that pulls up...that will scare away the clientele...

2. Remove Ads

Go to Walmart and buy a cheapie landline phone, on a night that you know he is going to be selling walk up to the side of his house and plug the phone into his telco box, dial 3 numbers and walk away, they will respond and since it is a open line they will have probable cause to go through the house looking for it. even if they don't find anything but the phone you left them they will be paranoid as all hell after that because someone is messing with them and will pack up business because the risks are all of a sudden to great.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    That sounds unwise, on many levels.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    go to walmart and buy a cheapie landline phone, on a night that you know he is going to be selling walk up to the side of his house and plug the phone into his telco box, dial 3 numbers and walk away, they will respond and since it is a open line they will have probable cause to go through the house looking for it. Even if they don't find anything but the phone you left them they will be paranoid as all hell after that because someone is messing with them and will pack up business because the risks are all of a sudden to great.

that is by far one of the stupidest damn things ive ever heard!! That is wrong on so many levels. Not to mention i think it might be illegal
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Tweekers, not geekers...geekers like PC's not meth

The best measure of a meth head and they amount they use (if they smoke it) is their teeth, it's called meth mouth...rots your tooth enamel something fast ... Here...meth mouth - Google Search

You could...
    Keep calling the cops, everytime.
    Say you saw a teenager(s) come out of the house.
    Call your FD or State Environ Protection and report hazmat/toxic smells.
    Take pictures and/or video.
    Write to your local newspaper or TV station for a anon tip.
    Go to a pay phone and call in a report of suspicious activity, noise complaint or domestic blowout...do not leave your name.
    If they have a dog, report abuse.
    Reinforce your doors/windows, they will rip you off regardless of what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    that is by far one of the stupidest damn things ive ever heard!! That is wrong on so many levels. Not to mention i think it might be illegal
    most definitely illegal
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    Go to Walmart and buy a cheapie landline phone, on a night that you know he is going to be selling walk up to the side of his house and plug the phone into his telco box, dial 3 numbers and walk away, they will respond and since it is a open line they will have probable cause to go through the house looking for it. even if they don't find anything but the phone you left them they will be paranoid as all hell after that because someone is messing with them and will pack up business because the risks are all of a sudden to great.
    Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. Very illegal.

My suggestion is to follow the other advice in this thread. I especially like the surveillance suggestions. Pictures and video. Perhaps you could invest in security cameras even. If you do, make sure that they overlap to the point that each security camera can itself be seen on at least one other camera.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    Is there anyone else with this problem?
    Once lived off of a main street that had a drug hooker problem. Doing business on the street. We would take pictures of the clients car and license plates. They moved their businesses down the road away from us PDQ.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    What about calling EMS reporting a possible toxic smell from the house? You get FD and PD/SO response....??
    Not a bad idea. A meth processing lab environment is a potential HAZMAT, if I recall my EMS days correctly.

In the late 80's I rented a room from a friend. We both smelled an ether-like substance and figured the neighbors behind us were cooking something other food. FD shows-up. Come to find out it was rotting lemons on the ground along my friend's fence line, common with the neighbors, but on our side. We all got a good laugh out of it, including the fire captain of the responding engine company (a non-emergent response). We felt a little stupid after, however. :)

-Al

Quote Originally Posted by 50CalAl View Post
    A meth processing lab environment is a potential HAZMAT,
    They are usually all treated as HAZMAT's. The entire building has to be abated, really dangerous stuff.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Maybe I'm missing something.....don't folks know how to call the police!!!!! If you know there is a drug house why can't you make a call or an anonymous tip?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I heard a story once of a guy who took Adolph's Meat Tenderizer. Measured gram and quarter ounces units into those tiny jewelry zip lock baggies after chopping it up ultra fine with a razor blade. He than lost those baggies around a known drug area. According to the story snorting or injecting Meat Tenderizer has an adverse non fatal on those that do it. Apparently a number of junkies had their faces swell up from the effects of the Meat Tenderizer on their mucus membranes. A local drug dealer got blamed for it and was removed from his position by irate clients.

I've always wondered if you could be held liable for what some idiot does with what they find lying in the streets.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    I heard a story once of a guy who took Adolph's Meat Tenderizer. Measured gram and quarter ounces units into those tiny jewelry zip lock baggies after chopping it up ultra fine with a razor blade. He than lost those baggies around a known drug area. According to the story snorting or injecting Meat Tenderizer has an adverse non fatal on those that do it. Apparently a number of junkies had their faces swell up from the effects of the Meat Tenderizer on their mucus membranes. A local drug dealer got blamed for it and was removed from his position by irate clients.

I've always wondered if you could be held liable for what some idiot does with what they find lying in the streets.
    Just dont make sure you get pulled over dumping a bunch of little white powder filled baggies on the ground, meat tenderizer or not, it will be seen as you distributing drug like material
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

The house behind me is a rental unit, as so many are here. One of the renters used the place as a crack house. I wrote the landlord a letter, he got back with me mentioning the cops won't do anything. Eventually they were arrested and vacated the property.
    Landlords, SCREEN YOUR TENANTS!
    PLEASE!
    OP, good luck with being able to move out of the area and with your new job.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    please understand that this is meant as a joke (well, kind of )
    but THIS as a solution for your neighbor problem:

Attached Images
    Last edited by Chaplain Scott; July 6th, 2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links