My lovely nieghbor

This is a discussion on My lovely nieghbor within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My nieghbor is dealing,using meth.I am a recovering drug addict clean over 7 years and I know the signs. He recently went to jail for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My lovely nieghbor

My lovely nieghbor

My nieghbor is dealing,using meth.I am a recovering drug addict clean over 7 years and I know the signs. He recently went to jail for stealing copper wire and got in trouble for meth. Yes he is still around. He is supposed to lose his house to the bank but meth sales are working for him.I talked to the chief of police and gave him plate #s. Still no action, so I emailed the DEA on a tip and waiting for a call. I am concerned for my family and for myself. I get so frustrated, lets just say I wish it was the wild west.I have posted this before, I thought it was over. If this post needs to be moved Im sorry. Is there anyone else with this problem?
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

2. Remove Ads

What signs other than a previous conviction should people be aware of? Can you describe what kind of odor is around if their cooking it? Also behavior traits, thanx.

Don't even get me started.... I have meth users/dealers & likely manufactures on each side of me and one across the street. One of my neighbors has been in County lock-up for the last two months and just got sentenced to five years in the State Penitentiary so he won't be around for a while. However his mom owns the house, so I don't know if he'll be coming back when he gets out. She may end up selling it though, as his mother and some others were over there with trailers last weekend and emptied everything out. It's vacant at the moment.

They all know I work EMS and I have run a couple of their friends. I don't judge how people live their lives and am always respectful but I don't sugar coat things for them either. Word gets around and a couple have asked me about running so & so when they overdosed. In the last year, I've run three overdoses who were in respiratory arrest in other parts of town. So far, they have never posed a threat, however I don't trust any of them, and if one were to break into my house... Well, I will not treat any intruder any different whether I've made acquaintance with them on the job or otherwise.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I think 1911s rule too. The traits of a "geeker" are frequent jaw movement and turn signals, turn signals being abnormal arm movement.These guys were up for at least 4 days. We had some storms and I got up to clean our street drains and every light was on.They also were trying to enter my computer files via piggy backing of my wireless. There were also unfinished projects they did out in the yard, like washing a rug then leaving it outside in the rain on the driveway. One guy was on his lab top in the shed in his backyard at 1 am.When someone has been up for days your 2nd nature things like walking and head,arm movement arent easily done without thinking about it and then it is usually over compensating it.I dont think they are cooking because they say it smells and it emits vapor.These guys are out for an easy buck to make more or use more. ...
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Don't even get me started.... I have meth users/dealers & likely manufactures on each side of me and one across the street. One of my neighbors has been in County lock-up for the last two months and just got sentenced to five years in the State Penitentiary so he won't be around for a while. However his mom owns the house, so I don't know if he'll be coming back when he gets out. She may end up selling it though, as his mother and some others were over there with trailers last weekend and emptied everything out. It's vacant at the moment.

They all know I work EMS and I have run a couple of their friends. I don't judge how people live their lives and am always respectful but I don't sugar coat things for them either. Word gets around and a couple have asked me about running so & so when they overdosed. In the last year, I've run three overdoses who were in respiratory arrest in other parts of town. So far, they have never posed a threat, however I don't trust any of them, and if one were to break into my house... Well, I will not treat any intruder any different whether I've made acquaintance with them on the job or otherwise.
    I live in SW Iowa, I heard meth was bad in Missouri
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Move.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Move.
    I have applied for a job on the railroad, hopefully it works out. My wife tells me I cant fix the world, I can do my part!
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

I lived next door to family that cooked meth in their basement. I was renting from my Great Aunt, and the neighborhood was mostly older folks. Their house was the only one that was not kept up and they were always coming and going, to and from the gas station up the road. The older women on living on the other side were even too scared to go outside. The biggest problem was the teen son who would get tweaked and come outside and scream into his cell phone. The conversations mostly involved him telling his friend how high he was or that he was going to kill someone. He often came into my yard, and I would call the police. One morning about 2 am, I hear him on my front porch talking loudly on the phone. I told him to leave through the door. He replied with a slew of obscenities. My wife called 911, and I showed him my shotgun. He didnít think it was as nice as I did and left in a hurry.

When they left, we looked in the house and found it destroyed. There was a full lab in the basement.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Move.
    Yeah, that's scary stuff. People like that are not going to respond to "normal" stimulus, like, "Freeze or I shoot." Heck, they might not respond much to being shot, unless it's a central nervous system hit.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

I always thought if someone leaves a known drug house that is enough to pull them over. There has to be something law abiding people can do! I hate that things like this go on and on. Sometimes calling the police is fruitless, but atleast it is on record that you called if something were to happen later.BTW Thanks for your service to our country TangoMonkey! Much appreciated here!
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    I have applied for a job on the railroad, hopefully it works out. My wife tells me I cant fix the world, I can do my part!
    I'll give you my best intentions for you finding what you seek. Your wife is correct, and obviously your better half (that's why we get into the partnership in the first place right?) supplement each other. Treat her like a queen and always do your best for the both of you. Somehow I feel your current distress will pass quickly. Always be the best you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I'll give you my best intentions for you finding what you seek. Your wife is correct, and obviously your better half (that's why we get into the partnership in the first place right?) supplement each other. Treat her like a queen and always do your best for the both of you. Somehow I feel your current distress will pass quickly. Always be the best you can be.
    Thank you, my wife has been my queen since 10th grade!Ill be 36 this month...
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

move

Move.
    Dittos. Get away from a situation you cannot fix.
    Live your own life and protect yourself and your family.

Good luck and stay safe friend. Although I'm not an addict, I have a fairly good portion of my extended family that are addicts to just about everything under the sun. So I know the problems it can cause when you've managed to get yourself together and now you've got some bozo's sticking it right in your face every day.

As to getting rid of them, you've done about all you can do. Now all that's left is to either stick it out and keep your family safe, or move. Hopefully all will pass eventually.

I had a similar problem with one set of neighbors here for a while but apparently my always openly armed nature combined with my Pit that guards my unfenced yard and kept scaring away their customers gave them pause. She actually almost ate a couple of them one night as the "impaired" dynamic duo approached me in the yard while cleaning up late one night. I don't think I've seen anyone stumble back to a waiting vehicle in the dark so fast before. I then pulled the cell phone and called the local LEO's for a impaired driver. I think that may have been the last straw. I haven't seen, smelled or heard signs of the problems/clients for a good number of months now. The homeowners still come by and check on their place regularly, but I think they've moved their "business" elsewhere.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    I always thought if someone leaves a known drug house that is enough to pull them over. There has to be something law abiding people can do!
    Perhaps the next time you see someone sketchy arrive at the house at an odd hour there could be a call made for a possible B&E?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links