Defensive Carry banner

NJ question

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  machine gun 
#1 ·
My wife and I are Virginia residents, my wife travels to NJ for family.
we know NJ does not honor the CCW however. if she drives to NJ and brings her pistol with her, "abiding by the state vehicular transport laws" and the pistol is kept in the house she is staying at, and a defensive situation came about, can she use deadly force in that state being a VA resident?

#2 ·
Check the NJ laws. My guess is that since her stopping point is NJ, and she does not have the proper NJ "permit/card" to have a weapon in the State she might be in deep trouble.

If she were passing through to a place where she could legally have the gun, like PA, she might be covered by the Federal transport laws.

#6 ·
If she used her gun and said that, the home owner would be in deep for non registered firearm. If she comes to NJ as a destination, she should probably leave her weapon at home. bring OC spray, her baseball bat and glove! ;)

#9 ·
Your wife would be breaking NJ law if she brought a gun to her family member's house. There's no way around that.
Unless you're passing through, handguns are an imprisonable offense for out-of-staters. BGs or NJ LE... you decide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.