Had someone try to run me off the road this morning

This is a discussion on Had someone try to run me off the road this morning within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by tkruf I...or another states non-resident permit which would be honored by MA... None - zip - zero. http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: Had someone try to run me off the road this morning

  1. #16
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I...or another states non-resident permit which would be honored by MA...
    None - zip - zero.

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under a rock.
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Absolutely true Eagleks. In thirty years of riding I have had more near death experiences due to other drivers inattention and malice while on a motorcycle than I can count. It is nearly a daily experience. I have had cage drivers deliberately try to steam roller me, run me off the road, share my lane, pull out in front of me, draw guns and try to ram me from behind while on the bike more often than I can count. All at least a thousand times more often than it happens in the car.

    Seattle, in fact all of western Washington is the worst. I can be on the open road across the entire country for months with nary a mishap. As soon as I cross state lines the demolition derby begins and gets worst the closer I am to Seattle. Seems they manage to hit me about once every decade.

    I carry ball bearings in my left pocket and a ASP.

    Dstringf Glad you and yours made it home safely

    Whats ASP?
    Last edited by Ghettokracker71; July 4th, 2010 at 08:59 PM.


    "To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

  4. #18
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Whats ASP?
    Collapsible baton - check it out here:

    ASP - Protecting Those Who Protect

    If you carry an impact weapon, be sure to get recognized training for its use.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  5. #19
    Member Array Nosler Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    102
    I have wondered about this type of situation for a long time. It has not been that extreme for me but I have often been in situations where two lanes merge into one and had people try to race around me just to get one car ahead. One person actually tried this after the dotted line had ended and just about ran us off the road. Life is too short, slow down.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

  6. #20
    Member Array Nikolai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut/Virginia
    Posts
    91
    Unfortunately, stuff like that happens a lot in southern New England. Glad to hear you made it out ok, though in this case, your driving ability will serve you better than a firearm (not to say you should delay in getting that LTC, however!). If you haven't, you should take some advanced driving courses. At the very least, you'll acquire some new skill that will help you be able to avoid sustaining some damage to your car from dillweeds like that.

  7. #21
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I concur to an extent, but there is a difference between inattentive drivers or ignorant drivers and one trying to purposely ram you.
    I'm talking about people who will look right at you ... and then turn right into you in your lane. I 'm talking about people who will try to ram you. I'm talking about people who don't like motorcycles and will get up on your rear end so close they can knock dust off the tail light. I"m talking about people who will look right at you, and pull out anyway .... knowing you will have to lock up your brakes and not care because they are protected in their car.

    I wasn't talking about only the inattentive drivers at all.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  8. #22
    Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    534
    So it seems the OP was driving too slow in the center lane, then after he AVOIDED a situation, he then caused the road rage by blowing the horn AFTER the fact. He now wants a permit to shoot the people he just enraged?

    Does that about cover it?

  9. #23
    Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I'm talking about people who will look right at you ... and then turn right into you in your lane. I 'm talking about people who will try to ram you. I'm talking about people who don't like motorcycles and will get up on your rear end so close they can knock dust off the tail light. I"m talking about people who will look right at you, and pull out anyway .... knowing you will have to lock up your brakes and not care because they are protected in their car.

    I wasn't talking about only the inattentive drivers at all.
    As I said, I've been riding for over 20 years and have yet to see those people, my apologies if you have, I've been in 20 States riding and have not seen them, but I haven't been in Kansas my friend and from what you explained here, I think I will avoid your State at all cost.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

  10. #24
    VIP Member Array Guantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    So it seems the OP was driving too slow in the center lane, then after he AVOIDED a situation, he then caused the road rage by blowing the horn AFTER the fact. He now wants a permit to shoot the people he just enraged?

    Does that about cover it?
    That depends on your interpretation of the OP.

    I saw nothing to say he was driving too slow, he was going the speed limit.

    I interpretated the horn sounding as being immediately after avoiding the lane changing driver, as a warning of his careless, near accident causing driving.

    He wants a permit to defend himself and family from GBI or death by aggressive idiots.

    I'd say that about covers it.

  11. #25
    Senior Member
    Array StevePVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    909

    Actually, it doesn't cover anything at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    So it seems the OP was driving too slow in the center lane, then after he AVOIDED a situation, he then caused the road rage by blowing the horn AFTER the fact. He now wants a permit to shoot the people he just enraged?

    Does that about cover it?
    He didn't say he wanted an MA permit so he could shoot people -- for any reason. Is that why you carry?

    He wasn't driving "too slow". The a-hole started the confrontation.

    He explained why he blew his horn.

    Just wondering...are you the jerk he wrote about? If not, should you ask yourself if you could be?

  12. #26
    Senior Member Array Tala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    716
    Maybe you should get a bigger car....I mean truck.

  13. #27
    Member Array Shackleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia
    Posts
    267
    I'm glad you made it out of the situation unscathed, and I'd have to agree that it's time to get the LTC. What if he got so upset that he followed you and assaulted you or yours? Yes, sir. It's time.

    Good luck.
    Semper Paratus

    ‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

  14. #28
    VIP Member Array ctsketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,319
    honking right after the fact is not road rage. I do this in the case where someone may have cut me off do to inattentiveness, that way it says "hey I was right there btw" so maybe hopefully they will pay more attention the next time and not cause an accident
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

  15. #29
    Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    englewood, fl
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    honking right after the fact is not road rage. I do this in the case where someone may have cut me off do to inattentiveness, that way it says "hey I was right there btw" so maybe hopefully they will pay more attention the next time and not cause an accident
    agreed...i see nothing wrong with letting someone know youre there in case they missed it pulling in...i see something wrong with blowing the horn long and intentionally picking a fight over hwat happened but dont think this was the case...

    for the motorcyclist who says he has seen numerous people hwho try to hit him...i disagree also...ive been riding all my life and have been exposed to many people who are inattentive and endanger us...icluding one who left me lifeless in the middle of the road for emts to bring back to life...but if someone intentionally decides theyre gonna hit you youre hit...dont believe youre that good a rider...we treat everyone like their out to get us because its what keeps us safe...not because they really are...

  16. #30
    Member Array BigFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    So it seems the OP was driving too slow in the center lane, then after he AVOIDED a situation, he then caused the road rage by blowing the horn AFTER the fact. He now wants a permit to shoot the people he just enraged?

    Does that about cover it?
    Seriously?

    I honked as I was avoiding him from causing an accident, so that he knew I was in his way and he didn't have the right of way. You don't "demand" to change lanes by crashing into people.

    It stepped up my desire to get my LTC because the guy was enraged and chasing me down to run me off the road. As in cause bodily harm/kill us. All I know is that he was out for blood and you don't know when somebody is going to stop.

    If you think trying to run somebody somebody off the road is acceptable then you don't need a drivers license much less a CCW.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Good morning! Found myself in Memphis this morning
    By glockman10mm in forum Bob & Terry's Place
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2011, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 28th, 2010, 05:18 PM
  3. I Think Someone Tried to Mug Me This Morning
    By UpOn2Wheels in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: January 17th, 2010, 12:44 AM
  4. Bad morning
    By mykeld in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 25th, 2008, 02:22 AM

Search tags for this page

how to run someone off the road

,

if someone runs you off the road

,
running someone off the road
,
someone ran me off the road
,

someone tried to run me off the road

,
trying to run someone off the road
,
what can you do if someone tries to run you off the road
,
what to do if someone is trying to run you off the road
,
what to do if someone runs you off the road
,
what to do if someone tries to run you off road
,

what to do if someone tries to run you off the road

,

what to do when someone tries to run you off the road

Click on a term to search for related topics.