Had someone try to run me off the road this morning

This is a discussion on Had someone try to run me off the road this morning within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dstringf Seriously? I honked as I was avoiding him from causing an accident, so that he knew I was in his way ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Had someone try to run me off the road this morning

  1. #31
    Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by dstringf View Post
    Seriously?

    I honked as I was avoiding him from causing an accident, so that he knew I was in his way and he didn't have the right of way. You don't "demand" to change lanes by crashing into people.

    It stepped up my desire to get my LTC because the guy was enraged and chasing me down to run me off the road. As in cause bodily harm/kill us. All I know is that he was out for blood and you don't know when somebody is going to stop.

    If you think trying to run somebody somebody off the road is acceptable then you don't need a drivers license much less a CCW.
    This is just my view on this. I think some of the problem is people don't read the posts closely enough and then try and comment on what they didn't read and that is when we have a failure to communicate properly. To stay on thread, you did what you had to and I still say if nothing else, you can arm yourself with other things until such time as you acquire your LTC.

    Again, that's just my view.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array Guantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    This is just my view on this. I think some of the problem is people don't read the posts closely enough and then try and comment on what they didn't read and that is when we have a failure to communicate properly.
    A kernel of wisdom.

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array LongRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    for the motorcyclist who says he has seen numerous people hwho try to hit him...i disagree also...ive been riding all my life and have been exposed to many people who are inattentive and endanger us...icluding one who left me lifeless in the middle of the road for emts to bring back to life...but if someone intentionally decides theyre gonna hit you youre hit..
    Really? Are you serious? Since 1973, I have only been riding 20,000 miles a year on a motorcycle. So may not have the vast experience you claim to have, but in my limited experience there are few if any cars for under $100,000.00 that can accelerate faster, stop quicker or out maneuver any 650 cc motorcycle or above.

    I have had more drivers try to deliberately hit me than I can count, a few red faced, screaming, honking their horn while trying to do so. Without exception I have been able to accelerate past them or out maneuver them.

    Some people claim the Holocaust did not happen. Because it did not happen to them or they have not personally seen it. Fact is neither you nor I will have every experience possible. Just because something has not happened to you does not mean it did not happen.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

    Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

  5. #34
    VIP Member Array CLASS3NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,579
    Glad to hear you made it home safe! It's terrible how people are driving today, and with so much arrogance, ignorance, and attitude behind the wheel. I live near the Salem Nh area, and it's the same way here too. You were in an area that is WELL KNOWN for such behavior (Haverhill, Lawrence, Methuen) Unfortunatly, Southern NH has become Northern Massachusetts now. If you travel Rt 93 or Rt 95 both Southbound and Northbound are the very same way. Rt 101 West and East is the exact same way now, as they're trying to beat the 2 buck toll at Hampton NH. I'm always on the road for what my profession dictates and I see it all the time with these types. They ride your butt until you either pull over or speed up, and then you're still not going fast enough for them, more so now, as we live in an area that is in the height of Tourist season too. The Ma State Police, well they really don't give a rat's butt about it, as they figure by the time they get there, the incident will have either passed, or there will be a TA scene. You're in Merrimack and I'm sure Rt 3 is the same way, all the attitudes out there.
    Best thing you can do, is keep the Local PD numbers in your Phone book, and call it in as you pass thru their town., as 911 only gets you to the Famingham State Barracks and they dispatch info from there to the individual patrol cars.
    Take the safety course, and go get your Ma LTC A permit. You'll be better prepared in the future for what's out there.
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; July 8th, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

  6. #35
    Member Array rubicon1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Indpls,In
    Posts
    28
    Calling the state police was good, I used to work with a guy who sounds just like You described. On his way into work one day He freaked out on some old Lady and came into work bragging about it, about an hour later state police showed up at work after going to his house looking for Him. They gave him a ticket for wrecklace driving and chewed his but out. I thought it was awesome His own wife told them where He worked when they went to his house first. Hopefully that guy got something similar. Glad your safe.

  7. #36
    Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    englewood, fl
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Really? Are you serious? Since 1973, I have only been riding 20,000 miles a year on a motorcycle. So may not have the vast experience you claim to have, but in my limited experience there are few if any cars for under $100,000.00 that can accelerate faster, stop quicker or out maneuver any 650 cc motorcycle or above.

    I have had more drivers try to deliberately hit me than I can count, a few red faced, screaming, honking their horn while trying to do so. Without exception I have been able to accelerate past them or out maneuver them.

    Some people claim the Holocaust did not happen. Because it did not happen to them or they have not personally seen it. Fact is neither you nor I will have every experience possible. Just because something has not happened to you does not mean it did not happen.
    i guess then i digress...for someone to have that many experiences where people have purposely tried to run into them and having the cat like reflexes it must take to avoid the enraged red face drivers i would have to wonder why you are targeted so frequently...

    i am well aware of the ability of a motorcycle when it comes to out-accelerating an automobile...i grew up on some of the fastest bikes in the world...but i stand by my statement that if someone is determined to run into you they are going to...unless you are psychic...

    and i repeat myself...if i had that many people intentionally trying to run into me i would be evaluating my responsibility...you must be in the motorcycle hating capital of the world....

  8. #37
    Member Array BigFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    The Ma State Police, well they really don't give a rat's butt about it, as they figure by the time they get there, the incident will have either passed, or there will be a TA scene. You're in Merrimack and I'm sure Rt 3 is the same way, all the attitudes out there.
    Best thing you can do, is keep the Local PD numbers in your Phone book, and call it in as you pass thru their town., as 911 only gets you to the Famingham State Barracks and they dispatch info from there to the individual patrol cars.
    Take the safety course, and go get your Ma LTC A permit. You'll be better prepared in the future for what's out there.
    I've lived in the area for several years, and before that was in the NYC/Northern NJ area for roughly as long as I've lived up here now. I've definitely seen a lot of idiots on the road especially out the way the incident occurred. But this was far and away the most violent outburst I've seen.

    I'm sure there are great officers among the ranks of the MA State Police, but I so far I haven't had good luck with them. I've been in two accidents on the highway. First time I was side swiped by a kid who was driving too fast and lost control of his car on 495. Local PD came right away and was great. Statie finally rolls up and his first action was to impound my car because my tag was from NJ but my license said NH. I had just moved up and was trying to register the car but was having issues with my title. Apparently when I called to inquire about getting a copy of my title from NJ so I could register it in NH they canceled my registration without telling me. Maybe the officer was legally correct, but the way he handled it made me lose all respect. Long story short, I ended up stranded in a small town at midnight on Sunday and told to go take a hike and find a payphone.

    Second accident I was rear ended on Rt 3 near 495 in the chelmsford area. Driver who hit me actually called 911, but State police never bothered to show up. Local PD wouldn't come out either since it was the State PD's jurisdiction.

    Generally speaking though Rt 3 isn't that bad. I think most of the Rt 3 traffic is commuters. I know 93 can get pretty bad with tourists and see accidents between Salem and Manchester all the time. Heck, I usually go 101 instead because it feels safer to me than 93/495. I know its gotten a bad rap but its never as crowded and easier to avoid the hot headed idiots. Plus it allows me to spend more time in "my" state.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

  9. #38
    VIP Member Array CLASS3NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,579
    The Statie probably impounded your car because more of the accident and possibility of no reg and no insurance (mas has manditory Ins regs including people who from out of state that drive in mass.
    Rt 101 is getting worse due to the Ma drivers trying to avoid the Toll sfrom hampton Nh (they bypass the tolls at Rt 95 Greenland NH exit and go south thru Rt 33 to Rt 101) as I drive that same rt home from KTP on weekends. I've lived in this area all my life and it's getting worse due to people who think, because they pay high insurance, they own the road. I see more attitudes and arrogance on the road, more these days, than years ago, for what reason I don't know, but they'd rather slam into you and drive off and hope to get away with it. 4 years ago, I had a guy 78 yrs old, run me down with his car, drove off, and denied ever being out that night (march 28, 2006) I got his plate number and a description so th ePD knew where to find him. he lost his license and pays my every month along with Ins settlements. You'll fidn em from all walks of life and all ages. Stay safe and be prepared.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

  10. #39
    Member Array i10casual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    297
    Bad situation. His g/f or wife probably cheated on him or something and he just wanted to take it out on you. My wife and I were attacked by a guy in a F150, repeatedly rammed. This is what first prompted me to carry.
    Last edited by i10casual; July 11th, 2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling

  11. #40
    Member Array BigFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    The Statie probably impounded your car because more of the accident and possibility of no reg and no insurance (mas has manditory Ins regs including people who from out of state that drive in mass.
    I had current insurance and up to then thought I had valid registration. What I still don't understand is that just a couple days earlier I had been issued a "verbal warning" for going through a yellow light in Nashua. I'm quite certain I was pulled over because I had a NJ license plate and assume they ran my registration. The NPD officer said nothing about my tag issue.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

  12. #41
    VIP Member Array CLASS3NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by dstringf View Post
    I had current insurance and up to then thought I had valid registration. What I still don't understand is that just a couple days earlier I had been issued a "verbal warning" for going through a yellow light in Nashua. I'm quite certain I was pulled over because I had a NJ license plate and assume they ran my registration. The NPD officer said nothing about my tag issue.
    because you were in NH, and not the Komonwealth of Massachusetts. The NPD more or less understood your delimma with th eTitle/Reg and cut you some slack, but not without issuance of a verbal, but I'm sure he/she made a note of it to the DMV records about your stop, in case you were stopped again at a later date.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

  13. #42
    Member Array BigFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    because you were in NH, and not the Komonwealth of Massachusetts. The NPD more or less understood your delimma with th eTitle/Reg and cut you some slack, but not without issuance of a verbal, but I'm sure he/she made a note of it to the DMV records about your stop, in case you were stopped again at a later date.
    That's the thing though, I was asked why I still had NJ plates with a NH license but he said absolutely nothing about my registration being an issue. Up until the accident I had no idea that anything was amiss with the registration other than NJ refused to give me a copy of my Title so I could register the car in NH.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Good morning! Found myself in Memphis this morning
    By glockman10mm in forum Bob & Terry's Place
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2011, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 28th, 2010, 05:18 PM
  3. I Think Someone Tried to Mug Me This Morning
    By UpOn2Wheels in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: January 17th, 2010, 12:44 AM
  4. Bad morning
    By mykeld in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 25th, 2008, 02:22 AM

Search tags for this page

how to run someone off the road

,

if someone runs you off the road

,
running someone off the road
,
someone ran me off the road
,

someone tried to run me off the road

,
trying to run someone off the road
,
what can you do if someone tries to run you off the road
,
what to do if someone is trying to run you off the road
,
what to do if someone runs you off the road
,
what to do if someone tries to run you off road
,

what to do if someone tries to run you off the road

,

what to do when someone tries to run you off the road

Click on a term to search for related topics.