I don't know HOW she does it!!!

This is a discussion on I don't know HOW she does it!!! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; they respond to smell, sound and vibration quite well...one of the reasons storms flip em out is what they feel that you do not......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't know HOW she does it!!!

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    they respond to smell, sound and vibration quite well...one of the reasons storms flip em out is what they feel that you do not...

2. Remove Ads

Max is 9 months old and can read minds and can hear a mouse fart across the street.
    Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force.
    Flavius Josephus

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    they respond to smell, sound and vibration quite well...one of the reasons storms flip em out is what they feel that you do not...
    Before we fenced the front yard in, she would feel vibrations from the poch before anyone knocked on the door. Wood floors carry the vibration VERY well.
    Dusti is smart enough to know that storms and fireworks are not a danger to her though, she doesn't flip out.

I had a chow mix when I was a teenager, young adult. That dog was smarter than some of my friends. Not only could she tell which car was mine by sound or sight, she recognized where she was even if she had only been there once years before. She was also extremely watchful and very protective.

She looked a bit like yours.
    Yep! I took her to my parents house once, and they have 10 acres of woods that she can run loose on, so she loved it. The next time we went there months later she got excited when we were in the driveway. She remembers places we've walked, and always knows how to get home.
    My Lab dog is not so smart, he gets "lost" easily. If we go off-leash walking and I walk off while he's sniffing.....I usually have to go back and get him I guess having him makes me realize how amazing Dusti really is.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links