You're MYOB when a gun shows up in your face (video)

This is a discussion on You're MYOB when a gun shows up in your face (video) within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=03e_1280430408 Retail store robbed at gunpoint. You are the salesperson. BG holds gun down by his leg. Suddenly the BG points gun at someone else ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're MYOB when a gun shows up in your face (video)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

You're MYOB when a gun shows up in your face (video)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=03e_1280430408

Retail store robbed at gunpoint.

You are the salesperson.

BG holds gun down by his leg.

Suddenly the BG points gun at someone else in store.

Gun is right in front of your face.

It's on!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

An obvious error in career choice.

VIP Member
    I wonder why on earth the robber came back in. It was clear the storekeeper didn't want to shoot the guy, but the idiot still wanted to push his luck.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Why did the store owner not call 911 when he had the BG at gunpoint, why let him leave?

Guy has stones though good job on disarming the BG.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

GM
    That video is crazy! What in the earth was the store owner telling the BG while he was pointing at him with the gun; was he perhaps trying to turn the BG into a good guy? And why did the robber came back; to retrieve his gun maybe? That robber appears to be a real moron … a very lucky moron
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

The store owner should have had his own weapon because one certainly would not want to depend upon some dirtbag's weapon. Once having secured the weapon and having pulled out his own, the store owner should have had the BG turn onto his stomach while he called 911, if Mr. Dirtbag starts to get up...well, a store owner's gotta' do what a store owner's gotta' do to protect himself from the threat...(insert Uncle Ted's quote here).OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If he didn't want to shoot him then at least give him a good pistol whippin to noggin and set him straight!!

The owner either has a pretty good ground game or did some very right things by luck. I'm not so sure I would have let the BG get to his feet if he was that close. That's a tough call. Crazy vid.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Seems staged to me. 3 cameras happen to be right where the action is and the last one zooms in as the action goes to the floor. Unless it was constantly monitored surveilance, how would the camera know to zoom in when it went to the floor? Just my thoughts.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    The employee talks with the BG rather than dialing 911. Another moron.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I wonder why on earth the robber came back in. It was clear the storekeeper didn't want to shoot the guy, but the idiot still wanted to push his luck.

The BG didn't come back. The 2nd half of the video is the original sequence of events shown from a different camera angle. Good job on disarming, but also wonder, why not call 911 while holding at gun point, & make him empty his pockets in the meantime to get your cash back.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Seems staged to me. 3 cameras happen to be right where the action is and the last one zooms in as the action goes to the floor. Unless it was constantly monitored surveilance, how would the camera know to zoom in when it went to the floor? Just my thoughts.
    What is wrong with 3 overlapping cameras? Nobody said these three were the only ones or anything. Notice the camera positions mentioned in camera's text (top left of each video, disappears sometimes - see next paragraph), in order of appearance, are position 3, position 5, and position 4. Assuming he bought a commercial security camera DVR system, the largest amount I have seen supported by one box was 16 cameras, with the standard being 8. If he made a custom system, the only real limit is the price of the cameras. He could have every area covered by multiple, and the cash register would be the most important location for this.

If you watch the edges, occasionally you see the frame of Windows Media Player. They recorded the recording. Think about playing a YouTube video and then picking up your camcorder and recording the screen. You can still zoom in and out and move the camcorder around and it would appear that the original camera was the one doing it. Same way those "Wildest Police Chases" zoom in on the cars that police dash-cams record. You can see the effect by watching the text on the video.

Hey, it might be legit...I don't know. Between my observations mentioned before, the calmness of the people involved, and the perp just placing the gun right in front of his face with no apparent reason (like he was setting it up for the guy to grab it) and the seeming lack of real brutal violence in the altercation (no blood or anything), it's just my opinion that it was staged. For what purpose, I don't know (training video, class project, ???). Again, just my opinion...and it could be wrong.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Hey, it might be legit...I don't know. Between my observations mentioned before, the calmness of the people involved, and the perp just placing the gun right in front of his face with no apparent reason (like he was setting it up for the guy to grab it) and the seeming lack of real brutal violence in the altercation (no blood or anything), it's just my opinion that it was staged. For what purpose, I don't know (training video, class project, ???). Again, just my opinion...and it could be wrong.
    There was a reason...if you look carefully the BG pointed the gun at what appeared to be two other customers. You can see them running from the corner in two different cam angles right after the owner attacked.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    The BG didn't come back. The 2nd half of the video is the original sequence of events shown from a different camera angle. Good job on disarming, but also wonder, why not call 911 while holding at gun point, & make him empty his pockets in the meantime to get your cash back.
    The BG does come back, look at the very end of the second angle, the BG leaves and comes back and the store employee herds him out again.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links