BG demands you open your gun safe for him

This is a discussion on BG demands you open your gun safe for him within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Homage-45-alt1.jpg Homage-45-alt2.jpg What gun safe? I don't see a gun safe... http://www.gunsafes.com/Heirloom-Saf...-Gun-Safe.html...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BG demands you open your gun safe for him

- The GunSafeGuru. Visit my Blog at GunSafesBlogger.com

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunSafeGuru View Post
    Good website/good idea.............bookmarked.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I am wondering if that company sells a pre-packaged kit of wood parts to dress up a safe to make it look like a piece of furniture?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

I'll open the safe for him and he'll see that its empty. Then I'll explain that its a decoy and the secret door is in back of the safe and it just slides open from inside the safe. He enters the safe, I close the door and lock it. I'll call the cops later that day.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

CT-Mike, They do have several kits available for all different makes and models of safes. The real wood pieces are attached using high strength magnets. Each kit is designed to fit that particular gun safe perfectly so that you don't see any cracks or seams. Private message me with your safe brand and model and I'll fill you in with the details. Anyone else: feel free to do the same.
    - The GunSafeGuru. Visit my Blog at GunSafesBlogger.com

My safe is in a locked room: hidden revolver outside the safe, where if I can reach the dial, I can reach it with the other hand. And I always have one on me or within two steps at home.

I do not have a gun safe........Instead I cut a hole in one of the hallway walls and installed a "fake" air register or heat register whichever. Inside this dummy vent cover lying on a 8" crossmember with enough desicant to dry out Seatle Washington are my stash of hand guns. I have about ...........well I won't say how many but as many as one would put in a safe.
    It is a fact that BG's walking through your home NEVER look up. Many times I have been told this by LE. You have to look up to see it and it looks like a air or heat vent. Even with a flash light it will not reveal the hidden guns. The guns are to the left and right of the actual opening.
    I can remove the vent cover quicker than many people can open their safe so........thats my solution.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I wouldn't count on a loaded gun inside the safe. Bad guys are obviously stupid, but not brain dead. The second the safe unlocks, they'll ask you to back away from it so they can open it themselves. If you start to open it, they'll tell you to stop. If you keep opening to grab for a gun, they'll probably shoot you point blank. I'm no criminal, so it's hard for me to think like one, but what criminal is dumb enough to let a homeowner reach into a gun safe?

I'd open my safe and use the loaded weapon inside to finish the situation.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

My safe is tied into the house alarm. The house alarm has 2 particians. 1- doors windows and motion 2- armed 24/7 has separate code than partician 1 for house safe and gun safe. You cant even tell by looking at the alarm panel that there are two particians. central station gets called for partician 2- code red and tell police gun safe has been violated.
    I am armed or within arms reach of being armed when I am home. So this would be a highly unlikely event. Things would likely get bloody long before the BG found either safe.
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

Quote Originally Posted by blastissimo View Post
    Take him to the empty decoy safe..

I agree.

Have one of those smaller approx. 2'x2'x2' safes that you can get from home depot/target/wallmart/etc "easily" findable. Heck, don't even bolt it down and tell the guy he can take it.

He'll have to carry it with both hands, at that point, you can take your own action.

I don't let anyone know exactly how many guns I have, let alone if I even have a gun safe, so I could say, "Gun safe? We don't have no steenkin' gun safe!" But I'd have a plan to be able to retrieve a drop-gun if I am forced into leading the BG to my "gun safe".
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

The only way this would happen is if they broke inot my house while i was away and i didnt notice.If they did manage to hold me from a distance they could not be disarmed,i would start to open the safe and fumble around nervous like.When they get impatient and get closer to me,i take over from there and down they go.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    what criminal is dumb enough to let a homeowner reach into a gun safe?
    Our prisons are filled to capacity.

Apparently, by criminal masterminds......

I also am always armed at home. Too many strangers walking through a neighbor hood that the police never patrol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links