Arizona "MURDERER RELEASED FROM PRISON TODAY 08-04-2010" - Page 2

Arizona "MURDERER RELEASED FROM PRISON TODAY 08-04-2010"

This is a discussion on Arizona "MURDERER RELEASED FROM PRISON TODAY 08-04-2010" within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rocky, I'm sorry for the difficult time your friend and his family are having. I have a different view on crime and punishment than most ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rocky,

I'm sorry for the difficult time your friend and his family are having.

I have a different view on crime and punishment than most folks, as I see, and deal with, the criminal element for at least 40 HRS every work week. I'm of the opinion that first off, too many things have been criminalized. Second, I think that the sentencing ratios are all out of whack. I have a simple, yet some would consider ghastly solution to the problem.

While tragic, I figue everyone should get an "almost freebie". First degree murder should be a seven year sentence. We should only allow prosecutors to charge and convict on only one felony, and all felonies should be reduced in sentence from the seven years mandatory that First Degree Murder would get. When the convicted person is released they should get all of their rights back. That includes things like possession of firearms, voting and any other rights that we have. The second conviction, of any felony, would result in an automatic death sentence limited to one appeal. After that, within a suitable time frame, like seven days, execute the oxygen wasting piece of dreck.

This will place a burden on the prosecutors and investigators to make sure that they convict the truely guilty, as they will suffer the convicted's fate if they are found to be negligent in their actions, and prosecute an innocent person. This would hopefully lead to the closure of many fine penal institutions, but would open up new avenues of revenue in the mortuary business. It would also allow those that truely changed their ways to go on with their life and contribute to society. Thus we would remain fair and equitable for all.

In the beginning there would be a "run" on the execution chambers and resulting businesses, but soon things would slow to a trickle. I do hope that the felon in this thread gets everything he has coming to him, and I don't mean the chance to harm another child or innocent person. I highly doubt he will have seen the error of his ways, and will most likely repeat his felonious activities again in the future.

Biker

Interesting perspective Biker... Maybe a couple flaws, but nothing that can't be worked through. I'd think it's doable!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Just when you think a dirt bag is put away for life for murder or for attacking a child somebody lets him out so he can do it again. I always thought the meaning of life was the BG was locked up till he dies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links